Strange events in recent Port Vale history.

Couldn't sleep last night and was thinking about some of the odd occurrences over the last couple of decades. Feel free to add your own.

1. When that guy connected with the board stated that Basement Jaxx were going to buy the club but then he got rumbled as a conman because of his spelling mistakes

2. Keith Ryder

3. Vale trying to market the club at women by making up posters with Andreas Lipa on them (a man who subsequently got done for racially abusing an opposition player on Vale's Kick Racism Out day).

4. Famous war criminal Tony "Uncle Tonty" Blair using Vale as an analogy when discussing post-Brexit trade deals

5. Famous Cornetto eater Bill Bratt flying to the states to try and get some money off a guy in exchange for us changing our name to the Port Vale Spitfires

6. A Chinese fashion label using the Vale badge on their jeans

6. Trying to sign Robbie Fowler

• Thanks 1

Advert:

1. The mystery knocking over of our ex owner on Hamil Road

2. The mystery attack on our ex owner by 3 people wearing Vale tops

3. The newspaper links with Mario Balotelli

4. Coach punch up with Horsfield and Gannon, was it Aldershot away ?

5. The inability of numerous managers to see a left back is vital to the team.

By the time others have posted there is a best selling book here for Jeff Kent 

Edited by darren1810
addition to post

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

1. The mystery knocking over of our ex owner on Hamil Road

2. The mystery attack on our ex owner by 3 people wearing Vale tops

3. The newspaper links with Mario Balotelli

4. Coach punch up with Horsfield and Gannon, was it Aldershot away ?

5. The inability of numerous managers to see a left back is vital to the team.

By the time others have posted there is a best selling book here for Jeff Kent 

vale winning????????????:onmehead:

• Like 1

Advert:

Pretty much everything that happened under Jim Gannon- what a fantastic Netflix series that would have been.  If anyone hasn't listened to the 'Under The Cosh' podcast episode with Geoff Horsfield, its well worth a listen to get an insight into that bizarre period.

Where to start! A few off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1. The then chairmans comments, on the supporters bus, after the Exeter Cup defeat. Later denied by said chairman.

2.The appointment of Bruno Ribiero after being recommended to the then chairman by various Premiership managers, allegedly.

3.Smurfs signings.

4.Attendance figures under Bello.

5.The Ali Dia incident.

6.The Valiant 2001 Charter.

7.The Blue Sky deal.

8.The Gianni Paladino connection.

9.The "blessing" of the ground ??? Pretty sure I've read this somewhere, and maybe we could use this trick at the present time to improve our home form.  Perhaps laying plain oatcakes in the 4 corners of the ground as an offering to the Gods may improve things.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Did Keith Ryder ever show up anywhere?

According to Micky Adams' book, on the eve of the Irish pre-season tour, Ryder met him at Vale Park looking dishevelled and gave him a carrier bag full of money to fund the trip and that was the last anyone saw of him.

39 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Where to start! A few off the top of my head, in no particular order:

1. The then chairmans comments, on the supporters bus, after the Exeter Cup defeat. Later denied by said chairman.

2.The appointment of Bruno Ribiero after being recommended to the then chairman by various Premiership managers, allegedly.

3.Smurfs signings.

4.Attendance figures under Bello.

5.The Ali Dia incident.

6.The Valiant 2001 Charter.

7.The Blue Sky deal.

8.The Gianni Paladino connection.

9.The "blessing" of the ground ??? Pretty sure I've read this somewhere, and maybe we could use this trick at the present time to improve our home form.  Perhaps laying plain oatcakes in the 4 corners of the ground as an offering to the Gods may improve things.

I wish you hadn't mentioned oatcakes G.Ray.  Living here in Norfolk I miss them like mad. Here it's Crab meat in their shells, crab sandwiches or crab salad. I've started walking sideways. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

What’s always been a mystery to me is how we managed to get Bernie Slaven, I know we were a better team then, but why did he come to Vale,

Then after a couple of seasons he just disappeared, no record of him being sold to someone else etc.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

What’s always been a mystery to me is how we managed to get Bernie Slaven, I know we were a better team then, but why did he come to Vale,

Then after a couple of seasons he just disappeared, no record of him being sold to someone else etc.

A good contract.........

Bernie found the commute from the North East a chore, he was here for about 12 months and for a lot of that time his wife was pregnant. We agreed to cancel his contract to allow him sign for Darlington.

After some matches, you'd see him on Hamil Road trying to get away in a hurry, he must have jumped straight into his car in his dirty kit.

Advert:

46 minutes ago, Santa said:

Bernie found the commute from the North East a chore, he was here for about 12 months and for a lot of that time his wife was pregnant. We agreed to cancel his contract to allow him sign for Darlington.

After some matches, you'd see him on Hamil Road trying to get away in a hurry, he must have jumped straight into his car in his dirty kit.

I thought he was in digs down here, I used to see him in the petrol station at night in Sneyd Green, he’d be hanging round in there chatting to the cashier, mind you she was very tasty.