onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Indeed. Having read through the match thread it was noticeable that a number our more miserable tossers were absent without leave!

‘Miserbale tossers’ As eloquent as ever I see. Did you not notice we lost 6 matches on the bounce one of which to a pub side. I forgot we should all have been jumping for joy during that period!!!! 

Advert

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Is this the game in the 70's ? Marred by crowd trouble? If it is , it's the only football game my mum has been in her life. 

My dad never took her again after that day . Not sure if they were close to the trouble or the whole thing was upsetting to her. 

Fortunately my dad continued and took me. 

Same.

12 minutes ago, PortVale4Life said:

‘Miserbale tossers’ As eloquent as ever I see. Did you not notice we lost 6 matches on the bounce one of which to a pub side. I forgot we should all have been jumping for joy during that period!!!! 

Did you notice we won away at Bolton and scored six yesterday because you don't seem to have mentioned it before now?  Why aren't you jumping for joy at that??

And if you're going to quote me, please do it accurately.

17 minutes ago, Joe B said:

So our owner literally says 'we aren't doing 8th again', we finished 8th last season, and yet you're quite content with being slap bang in the middle of the worst professional league in the country?

Could Carol make it any more obvious that she is expecting/demanding the playoffs?

Some Vale fans talk themselves into 'being bad is alright, to be fair'. I'm expecting the playoffs this year.

Joe, what makes you think we won't make the play offs?  We were within a point and going well last season and many agree had the season not finished early we would have done it.  We are on the same points from the same games as then.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Joe, what makes you think we won't make the play offs?  We were within a point and going well last season and many agree had the season not finished early we would have done it.  We are on the same points from the same games as then.

I didn't say that, Jean. I just said we should expect to make the playoffs and that saying 'mid-table would be fine' like the other poster is in direct contradiction to the owner's expectations.

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We have just lost 5 games in a row. For me personally that’s why I don’t think we will. I don’t think we’re good enough, defence is a big issue and we don’t have a forward who is scoring. Excellent yesterday although big issues at the back. 

Last season we went on a fantastic run which I doubt we will do again and our better players were a year younger. Imo this is a mid table side, maybe something could change in January? Hopefully we can sign some players to improve that starting 11 

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We have just lost 5 games in a row. For me personally that’s why I don’t think we will. I don’t think we’re good enough, defence is a big issue and we don’t have a forward who is scoring. Excellent yesterday although big issues at the back. 

Last season we went on a fantastic run which I doubt we will do again and our better players were a year younger. Imo this is a mid table side, maybe something could change in January? Hopefully we can sign some players to improve that starting 11 

We can’t sign any more players unless they are all under 21 years old.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We have had 12 different scorers in the league. Does it matter that they aren’t all strikers?  We have scored as many goals as Newport who are top. 

Football is an easy game to be negative about and clearly losses and bad performances mean it’s easier to jump off the deep end and want to sack the manager or be more negatively  vocal about the players. Notice when we win or play well that no one goes the other way. 

Why keep bringing up the Kings Lynn game? It’s long gone now. Do you think the team dwell on that?

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

We have had 12 different scorers in the league. Does it matter that they aren’t all strikers?  We have scored as many goals as Newport who are top. 

I think so, it’s great the goals are being shared around but it is a bit concerning when your Cb is top scorer. I think for us to finish right up there we do need someone to put the ball in the net. Finishing was top class yesterday but how many times this season have either pope, Robinson, Cullen or Rodney missed golden chances, neither have been clinical enough. Teams at the top usually have that striker who gets 15/20 and I don’t think we have that. (If we’re scoring 6 every week I don’t care though!!

Archived