onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black Lives Matter

Joe B

Advert

3 hours ago, TheSage said:

There is a difference in campaigning for black civil rights [after a black man has been murdered] and deliberately going down to London to attack the police and cause mayhem.

if you can't see the difference may I suggest a drive to Barnard Castle?

Those white supremacists had no need to be there. The police were guarding the precious statues which were boarded up anyway, so pray tell me what these right wing thugs and Nazi sympathisers were doing there, apart from deliberately looking for trouble? The BLM demonstrations had already been called off.

Blimey. Toppling a statue in Bristol docks is just the same as attacking the police with bottles and knives and bringing central London to a standstill. Really? 

they were surposed to be guarding the stnd cenotaph the time before when the peaceful protester climbed on it and tried to burn a flag... also in Bristol they stood and watched, and their chief officer said words to the effect we didn't want to upset the crowd.

5 hours ago, TheSage said:

There is a difference in campaigning for black civil rights [after a black man has been murdered] and deliberately going down to London to attack the police and cause mayhem.

if you can't see the difference may I suggest a drive to Barnard Castle?

Those white supremacists had no need to be there. The police were guarding the precious statues which were boarded up anyway, so pray tell me what these right wing thugs and Nazi sympathisers were doing there, apart from deliberately looking for trouble? The BLM demonstrations had already been called off.

Blimey. Toppling a statue in Bristol docks is just the same as attacking the police with bottles and knives and bringing central London to a standstill. Really? 

Police attacked with knives ? 

3 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

You'd be wrong in thinking that though. Have a look at this. It's not the race of the police that's the issue (although more people of colour joining the police may have a positive affect), it the disproportionate number of arrests and attacks on black people by police of all races that's the problem.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/black-cops-are-just-as-likely-as-whites-to-kill-black-suspects

28% of black suspects are killed by police yet more than 28% of serious crime in America is by blacks. You can play statistics whatever way you want. There is a problem with gun laws in America, there is a problem with police brutality and there is a problem with racism. Add all 3 together and that is why there is so many police killings.

2 hours ago, Davebrad said:

as he was running away he did lift the arm with the taser and point it towards the chasing policemen, or that's how it looked.

Didn’t warrant being shot dead. Police in the U.K. who carry guns are properly trained, it seems in America they give guns to any policeman. If they have to shoot him, why not the leg, he was not aiming a gun at the policeman and you can clearly see that.

4 hours ago, geosname said:

The police abusing their power is far wider than the extreme of death.

If you are walking and an officer wants a " friendly chat" you have no obligation to participate. The fact that he can ask you for your name and other details does not mean you are obliged to give them..... the officer will then proceed to mention stop and search, terrorism act, breach of the peace or anything else they try to make relevant which is an abuse of power and will probably lead to an illegal detention and possibly an illegal arrest which is again an abuse of power.

If a complaint is made against the officer it will be investigated by their thin blue line colleagues. 

The most common reason for a stop and chat is that you match some vague nondescript report of someone ....... matching a description. Or there have been a number of crimes in the area..... or even someone has reported someone in the area acting suspiciously. 

if your stopped for a friendly chat, and they ask for identity/name say "have i committed a crime, am I committing a crime, or am I going to committ a crime" that should see them off...

Ironic that 12 months ago we were complaining about record levels of knife crime predominantly caused by black gangs and then they have the audacity to complain about being more likely to be stopped and searched because they are black. If it reduces knife crime then the police have my backing. 

5 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Didn’t warrant being shot dead. Police in the U.K. who carry guns are properly trained, it seems in America they give guns to any policeman. If they have to shoot him, why not the leg, he was not aiming a gun at the policeman and you can clearly see that.

admittedly not, but if he was armed and to stop him a body target is much easier to hit than trying for a leg or arm... it was said to have been a taser, so where did he get one?

according to episodes of Blue Blood (which is supposed to be pretty accurate) if a policeman discharges his weapon, he is investigated by Internal Affairs...but its still the thin blue line.

29 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Ironic that 12 months ago we were complaining about record levels of knife crime predominantly caused by black gangs and then they have the audacity to complain about being more likely to be stopped and searched because they are black. If it reduces knife crime then the police have my backing. 

Ive never understood why anyone would complain about being stopped when they have done nothing wrong, knife crime in London is horrendous, why wouldn't you try and help .........Unless of course....... 

20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I've seen several bits of video both on here and on the news of the trouble in London today.  Can someone explain something to me - where were the women?

Getting their make up on to go shopping on Monday.

4 hours ago, Davebrad said:

ah that man on the right must have got the wrong train as he's giving the Nazi salute so he must be a DFLA member...

Looks like a Black Power salute,Davebrad.Or could it be a Northern Soul lost soul keeping the faith?

Posting fake posters doesn't help the debate. 

"Both sides are the same" doesn't wash.

The BLM campaign occurred in response to the cold blooded murder of a black man. Their aim is equality and civil rights. Fine and very noble causes. I'm with them 100%.

The thugs who were fighting the police yesterday, making Nazi salutes, and threatening the press and public, were white supremacists whose aim was to cause mayhem. 

Morally, the two are light years apart. 

Did I not read yesterday that 100 arrests were made, one person was arrested for carrying a knife and dozens of bottles and smoke bombs were thrown at the police? There were hardly any BLM supporters anywhere near Churchill's statue so what on earth were these idiots doing? Well? What were they doing? 

Apart from urinating on one of the memorials they were supposed to be protecting and showing their far right allegiance to neo-Nazis. I'm sure Churchill would have been impressed.

The thuggery on display in London yesterday had nothing to do with any great moral cause. It was aimed at causing public disorder, to have a battle with the police, and a punch up with BLM protesters who  had cancelled their march to avoid the very problems that these white supremacists were causing!! You could not make it up.

It is a black power fist in the picture and not a fascist salute. There is a difference.

Archived