onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

In regards to Flickers the man has one promotion 2 academy lads in the first team 1 academy goalie playing for his country and another who we are probably going to sell if he doesn't sign for us. He's done more in 2 years than had been done in the previous 20 he said himself we couldn't afford quality league 1 players at the start of the season so I don't think we can knock him for not signing many if any.

Are we saying the young lads are down to him? When did those lads come into the club? I genuinely don’t know. 

Advert

21 hours ago, dishydave said:

In regards to Flickers the man has one promotion 2 academy lads in the first team 1 academy goalie playing for his country and another who we are probably going to sell if he doesn't sign for us. He's done more in 2 years than had been done in the previous 20 he said himself we couldn't afford quality league 1 players at the start of the season so I don't think we can knock him for not signing many if any.

We've got the 14th (of 24) highest wage bill in League One so why can't we afford League One players?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to the Plymouth Preview Pod and hearing Bezza say about his meetings with Flitcroft 

Why doesn’t that surprise me !

I have read other peoples comments about him on other clubs forums etc.

Like I have mentioned before on the One Vale Fan Forum, I was disappointed that Carol had been led down the Garden Path, so to speak, by him !

UTV

• Like 1

Listened to the Plymouth Preview Pod and hearing Bezza say about his meetings with Flitcroft 
Why doesn’t that surprise me !
I have read other peoples comments about him on other clubs forums etc.
Like I have mentioned before on the One Vale Fan Forum, I was disappointed that Carol had been led down the Garden Path, so to speak, by him !
UTV
If you listen to the under the cosh podcast, I don't think I've ever heard one player who's worked under him have anything nice to say about him.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, DannyBezza said:

Were back to the usual schedule. Preview done for the opening game. Up the Vale. 

Listened this morning in the gym; good pod.  I do like The Bowers!  Top bloke.

For me I think we'll do better than next year; if AC comes through with the stuff he said on BBC yesterday - and we get a couple of more strikers, I think we could finish between 12th-14th.  We then push on season after to challenge for the play-offs.

UTV and KTF

p.s. GO AND SEE BARBY.  Its not a bad film!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Listened this morning in the gym; good pod.  I do like The Bowers!  Top bloke.

For me I think we'll do better than next year; if AC comes through with the stuff he said on BBC yesterday - and we get a couple of more strikers, I think we could finish between 12th-14th.  We then push on season after to challenge for the play-offs.

UTV and KTF

p.s. GO AND SEE BARBY.  Its not a bad film!

I’m not watching it mate. I think I’d walk out 😂😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MBE said:

It's up now mate. Some really good debates. 

They make a very good point that if we are looking to add anymore new signings, we have just made it very hard for ourselves because any potential new signing is going to look at the second part of last season and then see the 7-0, they are going to have more that second thoughts about coming.

It could also increase the wages that any new player wants because they could be saying you need to give me a few hundred quid per week more to come to you now

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

They make a very good point that if we are looking to add anymore new signings, we have just made it very hard for ourselves because any potential new signing is going to look at the second part of last season and then see the 7-0, they are going to have more that second thoughts about coming.

It could also increase the wages that any new player wants because they could be saying you need to give me a few hundred quid per week more to come to you now

They do indeed. How can you sell us to a potential player when the manager could be out of the door shortly? 

It's what I was getting at in another thread when I asked do you hang fire with recruitment? Do you carry on regardless or wait for the next 2 games to see if Crosby can turn it around?  

I can't think of any manager who has lasted much longer after an absolute tanking like that.

• Like 1

Some great points.

Ojo is not a DM. He is a ball-player. Never gets stuck in and never breaks sweat. Pett any day in the same role, but we can do better than both. Maybe Lowe is the answer?

On the Massey debate - although he isn't very good, I think the ire is more to do with him being symptom of the shambolic forward recruitment for the past two seasons.

• Like 2