onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Oldham (A) Preview

We're joined by friend of the show Nath to discuss the weeks news, including James Wilson's injury, Dennis Politic and the situation at Bolton and also ticket sales for upcoming games. Then into the Oldham preview. With a big following due for Vale and protests for the home team, can Vale take advantage? And what formation and lineup would we play?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Advert

On 01/11/2021 at 21:10, toyahw said:

Only time will tell. Personally I thought we gave them too much respect in that game is all I am saying.  We didn't play well, we got a point.

Told you Mansfield were on the march.

Good side, hugely underperforming before we played them… seems we were unlucky to catch them as they kicked into gear.

DAB4037A-BB13-408C-B715-3ED4C9BA40F0.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain

Oldham Review/Walsall Preview

Dreadful defending the theme as we lose to 2nd bottom Oldham with a performance that was not consistent with the rest of the season. Jonny and Stu go through the game, work out which players can come out with any credit and how we go forward from here. We also quickly preview the Walsall game on Tuesday with the Saddlers fans fired up for once to come to Vale Park!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts. And here! https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Told you Mansfield were on the march.

Good side, hugely underperforming before we played them… seems we were unlucky to catch them as they kicked into gear.

DAB4037A-BB13-408C-B715-3ED4C9BA40F0.jpeg

It was a great shout. They looked good against us that Tuesday night and have good players across the team. There's a couple of the more pre-season fancied teams now on a bit of a march!

1 hour ago, stupers said:

It was a great shout. They looked good against us that Tuesday night and have good players across the team. There's a couple of the more pre-season fancied teams now on a bit of a march!

Give it a rest with this teams out of position crap. After 16 games no one "is out of position".  Mansfield are poor. Are Oldham " out of position". Lazy excuse for us being  piss poor against poo teams.

Edited by toyahw

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Give it a rest with this teams out of position crap. After 16 games no one "is out of position".  Mansfield are poor. Are Oldham " out of position". Lazy excuse for us being  piss poor against poo teams.

No. Oldham are a poor side and we shouldn’t have capitulated. We dominated them but they caught us out.

Its a pretty simple concept that Mansfield’s league position when we played them wasn’t reflective of their squad and potential. As proven by them winning 5 games on the trot since. They out performed us. They are not a “poo” team by any stretch.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stupers said:

Oldham Review/Walsall Preview

Dreadful defending the theme as we lose to 2nd bottom Oldham with a performance that was not consistent with the rest of the season. Jonny and Stu go through the game, work out which players can come out with any credit and how we go forward from here. We also quickly preview the Walsall game on Tuesday with the Saddlers fans fired up for once to come to Vale Park!

Can’t argue with a lot of the player ratings. I can’t see a couple of those lads surviving for the Walsall game. Namely Martin and Rodney. 

For my sins I watched the extended highlights on the EFL site this morning. Gibbos spell in the second half makes me think that he plays like any of us would play like if we ever got the shirt, basically running through a brick wall for the team. The goals against are a horror show that were preventable.

You mentioned Gibbos contract, I’m not sure what anyone else thinks but can it really be resolved in January because I’m sure other clubs will be watching him currently. Which also ties in with Bezs fears that he’s previously voiced about Conlon come January too. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 17:01, toyahw said:

I thought we were terrible that night. I also thought Mansfield were decent, and probably the best side we've played against this season.

On 20/11/2021 at 23:28, PV1973 said:

Can’t argue with a lot of the player ratings. I can’t see a couple of those lads surviving for the Walsall game. Namely Martin and Rodney. 

For my sins I watched the extended highlights on the EFL site this morning. Gibbos spell in the second half makes me think that he plays like any of us would play like if we ever got the shirt, basically running through a brick wall for the team. The goals against are a horror show that were preventable.

You mentioned Gibbos contract, I’m not sure what anyone else thinks but can it really be resolved in January because I’m sure other clubs will be watching him currently. Which also ties in with Bezs fears that he’s previously voiced about Conlon come January too. 

It is tough with the contract situation. But if you want to keep him, there must be an offer we make now that would tie him down. I'm guessing he would become either the top, or one of the top earners.

22 minutes ago, stupers said:

I thought we were terrible that night. I also thought Mansfield were decent, and probably the best side we've played against this season.

To be fair, we were.  Never turned up, paid them far too much  respect and made them look good. Best team we've played I'd have down as Rochdale.

No doubt Gibbo is the best player we have on current form and needs signing up pronto. Great thing is Gibbo 2.0, post hammy, looks a significant upgrade. Rather than going backwards after that kind of injury. Which often happens. Touch wood.

One thing said on the pod was that he looks better on the left. But Gibbo 2.0 has hardly played RB/RWB. Probably he can just do both equally well. Which is a major asset.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, toyahw said:

To be fair, we were.  Never turned up, paid them far too much  respect and made them look good. Best team we've played I'd have down as Rochdale.

No doubt Gibbo is the best player we have on current form and needs signing up pronto. Great thing is Gibbo 2.0, post hammy, looks a significant upgrade. Rather than going backwards after that kind of injury. Which often happens. Touch wood.

One thing said on the pod was that he looks better on the left. But Gibbo 2.0 has hardly played RB/RWB. Probably he can just do both equally well. Which is a major asset.

That's fair, Rochdale were decent too. As I said on the pod, I'm not worried by anyone at this level. We gave Forest Green a good going over, and if they're the best team in the league then we've got every right to be up there too.

With Gibbo, totally agree on the RWB. Would be interested to see if there was any difference if Worrall/Gibbo switched for a game! He's an unbelievable player

• Like 1