Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

Advert:

On 11/02/2022 at 09:13, Hitcher said:

Thought the last pod was hilarious. That whole chat about carlise's rapid player having a sprinter for a godfather. "In the wife, not the life" hahahaa

It cracked me up when Jonny said he had a godfather who was a sprinter, I couldn’t help it. 

Turns out his godfather is Linford Christie. Defo wouldn’t want the lunchbox in your wife 

We can’t sorry mate. But if you go on podbean I believe you can there. Think my favourite is probably Jon McCarthy. As you could tell how much Vale meant to him and could also tell talking about the memories it was first time he had really allowed himself remember them and look back 

• Like 2

Advert:

On 31/01/2022 at 17:28, PV1973 said:

Amazed bez thinks we’re stronger now with the starting 11, in particular down the left with Hussey. Have you forgotten the season gibbos had?

Love Gibbo mate, probably my favourite player. Hussey gives a better delivery and Gibbo out injured. But I think Gibbo should push Woz for the starting place on the right. 

Keeper is question if upgrade but defo no downgrade, hall is upgrade on Legge, Hussey upgrade on no recognised left wing back or Benning, Charsley upgrade on Burgess and Whitehead, early to say if copper upgrade on polotic but what I’ve seen he’s an upgrade, Harrat and Edmonson upgrade on Rodney. 

all my opinion of course 

• Like 2

On 03/02/2022 at 09:03, Tapper said:

Pleas can some one ask Johny to stop fingering  his phone all the time when not using a headset because the pops and taps come over his mike. Can you all start using headsets or propper mics pleas the sound is shocking. You are not new to this podcasting game now. If it is a thing about money then we will have a wip around to get you lads some propper kit. It is not hard to record a  good sounding podcast. You have the content witch is good.

Will pass on mate. I use a headset with a mic. Be fair we also record on Skype which there maybe better apps but none of us are technology people 

Will pass on mate. I use a headset with a mic. Be fair we also record on Skype which there maybe better apps but none of us are technology people 

That’s you told not like you aren’t doing it in your own time for free or anything

Cheers for the podcast , I can cope with a few ‘pops’ to be fair.
  • Like 4

imo you guys are pretty well balanced. I think though that last season's winning run is probably giving us false hope of a similar run this this around. That run was pretty inexplicable and I think more of a case of some good fortune cancelling out some of the bad luck we had received in the awful run of form leading up to it.

Advert:

15 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Should of signed a proven striker. You talk <ovf censored> on there. Told ya. Bottle jobs. But you won't say anything negative cos ur kiss arses.

Ignore Rob1983 - he's talking out of his arse.

Keep going - excellent pod; well balanced and truthful

UTV and KTF

• Like 4

Boys, re. possession data, I remember hearing Duncan Alexander from Opta once talking about how they measure it only from the number of passes, not duration or anything like that. So you can play 10 quick passes between the centre backs, and it would count the same as a 10 pass move that forwards, sideways and backwards.

It's one reason why Barca's possession stats always looked so crazy - yes, they did have more of the ball, but the quick 1-2-3-4 type passing added a padding effect to it. 

• Like 1

Very interested to hear your marks on Crosby today. How he’s decided to continue with this 343 is a joke, been awful for several games yet we persist. And it’s frustrating because we can play so much better. Playing in this system is like we’re voluntarily playing with one leg.

• Like 1

Advert:

Some examples of director of football filling in as caretaker manager when the manager leaves: David Pleat at Spurs, Harry Redknapp at Portsmouth, Peter Taylor at Gillingham, Richard Hill at Eastleigh.

Flitcroft is the obvious choices to step in as caretaker manager. If he doesn't wish to or is unable to then that's fine, but it's wrong to say that it's unthinkable for a director of football to step in as manager, particularly on a temporary basis.