Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

11 hours ago, Rory said:
23 hours ago, JSValiant said:
Just listening to the Swindon 2nd Leg Review. 
Bezza says we got away with the Penalty regarding Mal Benning’s So Called Handball. 
I have watched the TV Replay over and over and no way is it a penalty, he is clearly outside of the penalty area.
Am I the only one with this opinion ?

I thought in the ground it was a blatant handball but outside the area. Was expecting a free kick. I've not seen it back though.

Thanks Rory I was beginning to think I need to go to Spec Savers.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

To me with the Malv handball no arguments it struck his arm. Where it does get a bit murky is where it did strike it as his starting position was in the box but then he jumped outside it in blocking the ball so I’m not totally sure whether it was a penalty or freekick. We probably got lucky on that one but there’s been enough times we’ve been on the bad end of it so take it and move on. Just chalk it down to bad karma for Swindon for all their arrogance during the last week.

Edited by Guppys left peg

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

I wasn’t sure that it had hit his foot first. If that’s the case then it isn’t a foul, if the ball hits another part of a players body first then hits the arm it isn’t a free kick or a penalty which ever.

At least that was the law in 2021.

Pretty sure it came off his foot onto his arm.  One of them if buts and maybes. No way a stonewall pen.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Latest pod is out and we’re too nervous talk much about Saturday what better way look forward to it than an interview with the last manager to take Vale to a final. Brian Horton is our guest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Just wanna say thanks to Jonny and Bez (and the rotating guests) for giving up your time for another great season of podcasts. Really glad Jonny convinced you to keep it on Bez after Stu left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just wanna say thanks to Jonny and Bez (and the rotating guests) for giving up your time for another great season of podcasts. Really glad Jonny convinced you to keep it on Bez after Stu left.
Agree, thanks lads and Kirsty!
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Powerline said:

Agreed. Living in the north east these podcasts have given me some of the Vale 'pub talk' back that I've been missing. Thank to Bez, Jonny, Stu and the rotating guests.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, The Hov said:

Agreed. Living in the north east these podcasts have given me some of the Vale 'pub talk' back that I've been missing. Thank to Bez, Jonny, Stu and the rotating guests.

Yeh I quite agree, I live up North West and it’s like being in a Pub in the Potteries.

Thanks Bez and Jonny, keep up the Great Work.

Also the fact you keep mentioning Mental Health Issues and the advice you give and that you are available for people just shows what 2 Great and Caring People you both are.

Take Care Lads and all the best  to you and your families.

UTV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really enjoyed that pod. It’s alway good to look back at previous predictions and comments and see what became of them. The best of the bunch have to be the early comments about Wilson and Garrity. Always good to be proved wrong in a positive way though. I agree with Bez about the 3 out of contract players, I think that Benning could be the one not to sign, purely because of him being out of the squad for so long. I know he had a good last couple of games, but would that be enough to guarantee him starting next season? At his age he should be playing regularly. 

I enjoyed listening to the recent pod as I always do! My eyes started to water up listening to Bezza talk about Tony Green. I know of someone who spent 19 hours in a waffle house due to losing a competition and couldn't <ovf censored> right for a week due to eating 5 waffles! 

Agree with Stu about the Ipswich keeper, I don't think Bishop would be an improvement over Stone at this point. I will defend Harry Charsley to the end, he's a valuable player to Vale and should get more minutes next year due to the new 5 sub rule. His effort is great as you saw against Barrow leading up to Martins goal as an example, I agree again with Stu that if he wanted more minutes elsewhere maybe let him go but I think he'll be an important overlooked piece next year.

• Like 1

Advert: