Ale and the Vale Podcast

stupers

45 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

kneejerk? if stones is injured, whose the keeper?????????????🤨

For the next 3-4 games whilst Cov is banned, in the unlikely circumstance that Stone gets injured during a game you bring on the youth keeper (Collinge I think or whoever has replaced him) for that game. If at that point there are any games left of Covolan's ban you get in an emergency loan. Paying someone a wage for a minimum of 6 months to cover a highly unlikely scenario seems daft to me. If Covolan couldn't play due to a long term injury like Visser had then it would be a different story. We signed Scott last year and didn't trust him to play once when Brown lost all confidence and couldn't stop a bus.

• Like 2

Worrall man of the match Ahahaha how many beers did you have lads. He lost the ball every time he got it second half. Was worst player on pitch second period

Edited by Vale1995
  • Like 3

Enjoyed listening. Worralls quality dipped second half for me too. I think you’re right that Clarkes changes after Hall went off killed the link up play between Worrall and gibbo, as Salford had struggled to get to grips with them. But once we swapped we lost that momentum they’d built up.

You’re also not the first fans to mention crosses into the box, they’re pointless when we don’t have strikers who are good enough in the air and if you hadn’t noticed we haven’t really played like that all season. And that’s Husseys game, putting crosses in.  So why has Clarke changed our approach play around the box? Because it hasn’t worked this last couple of games. 

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Worrall man of the match Ahahaha how many beers did you have lads. He lost the ball every time he got it second half. Was worst player on pitch second period

Worrall had his worst game ever in a Vale shirt. 

Nothing like football though is there .

We have had Smith at the ground ( laughable) and now Worrall. 

Although I'll openly admit I can't name my own man of the match as nobody stood out 

Thanks for your efforts Stu. Why are you off? Did I miss something? Worrall spent so much time diving that was the reason he didn't get the penno when it was one. Think the ref and liner were fed up with him. Nothing against the bloke, one of our best players. Often isolated and trying to buy a free kick was his only option.

On 17/01/2022 at 10:57, wotsyobeef said:

For the next 3-4 games whilst Cov is banned, in the unlikely circumstance that Stone gets injured during a game you bring on the youth keeper (Collinge I think or whoever has replaced him) for that game. If at that point there are any games left of Covolan's ban you get in an emergency loan. Paying someone a wage for a minimum of 6 months to cover a highly unlikely scenario seems daft to me. If Covolan couldn't play due to a long term injury like Visser had then it would be a different story. We signed Scott last year and didn't trust him to play once when Brown lost all confidence and couldn't stop a bus.

collinge is injured!-name that goalie?

5 hours ago, toyahw said:

Thanks for your efforts Stu. Why are you off? Did I miss something? 

He has a new full time job so can't watch the games live or do the pods at the regular times

21 hours ago, geoff1 said:

one miskick v salford! not that bad.😏

He kicked at least one straight out of play, miskicked one that barely made it to the halfway line, and also miskicked the one that led to their corner for the goal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

He kicked at least one straight out of play, miskicked one that barely made it to the halfway line, and also miskicked the one that led to their corner for the goal.

sorry dont send me back!😁

18 hours ago, Powerline said:

football mad!😄

• 2 weeks later...

Pleas can some one ask Johny to stop fingering  his phone all the time when not using a headset because the pops and taps come over his mike. Can you all start using headsets or propper mics pleas the sound is shocking. You are not new to this podcasting game now. If it is a thing about money then we will have a wip around to get you lads some propper kit. It is not hard to record a  good sounding podcast. You have the content witch is good.

• Like 2

It would improve the podcast a lot if the two regulars were to get a decent audio set up, though it's understandable that guests might not have the best of sound quality

On 21/01/2022 at 11:42, rob1983 said:

Any plans for some more ex player interviews. Really enjoy them.

I really enjoyed them too. So much so that I've tried to go back and listen to a few of the old ones. Don't know if its just an apple podcasts issue, but they only have the most recent 100 podcasts available to listen to.

I don't know if it's possible for the lads to set the ex player interviews to always be part of the 100 podcasts available, replacing some of the old match preview/reviews?

• Like 1