robf

Macc players go on strike

The Accrington owner kicked off over this. Their game was cancelled v Bolton then others perceived rivals played against the Bolton kids winning easily. It’s not a level playing field. Needs postponing and sadly the club leaving the league if it carries on.

i thought Les Sealey’s son was purchasing  them ? 

Totally unacceptable that they can field a team of anything but the actual first team squad.

Makes an absolute mockery to the League as it completely alienates the other Clubs that have  already played them. A total unjust, unbalanced state of affairs that points can be gained by some opponents now by virtue of the fact that Macc will field a very limited team.

Of course my sympathy goes to the players but come on this has been dragging on for yonks so surely a decision that affects the whole Division 2 ought to have been made by now? Crazy!

Its more tricky than the Bury scenario as this guy was owner before they came back into the EFL but why let them sign players when not paying wages from last season is nuts!

32 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

How can the words “Crewe, question, integrity’ ever appear in one sentence? They’re the lowest of the low

Surely gifting them three points when their rivals have had to play Macc and potentially not get three points is more of an issue. EFL would never agree to it, can you imagine the fall out if Crewe got promoted by 1-2 points or made the play offs by 1-2 points. 

Game should be replayed and Macclesfield deducted 3 points for each missed fixture on top, similar to Middlesborough in the 90's.

Fixture pile up?  One game?  Are they mad?  They created their own "fixture pile up" by only drawing at non League Eastleigh.  It's typical that a club with zero integrity like Crewe should be trying to benefit from the appalling situation the Macc players find themselves in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Fixture pile up?  One game?  Are they mad?  They created their own "fixture pile up" by only drawing at non League Eastleigh.  It's typical that a club with zero integrity like Crewe should be trying to benefit from the appalling situation the Macc players find themselves in.

Morecambe might have a case for 3 points as we are too busy to play them on Jan 4th in the minds of Crewe Alex.

The EFL have fallen asleep again. This situation has been ongoing for a long time.  I understand there is a buyer in the wings but there is a snag.  I would hazard a guess that the snag is the current owner.  The EFL should make it clear, play the games and pay your staff, or sell.  If you do not then we will expel you from the league.  It is an outrage how this owner is acting.  He will not go into admin because then he will get nothing. The courts  are slow to force admin, there have been enough chances.   The EFL and the Courts have the solution, but instead they allow another foreign owner with zero integrity to strip our wonderful game bare.  No one can afford to see a club like Macclesfield Town go down like this.

As for Crewe! Words fail me.  Clubs should be supporting Macclesfield, not acting in the way that dreadful club just down the road is acting.

The lack of leadership in football is palpable.

• Like 1

Classic Crewe.

When are the authorities going to shut down an institution that failed to spot rampant and industrial peadophilia despite it working with hundreds of kids?

They lack that many morals with ekeing out a promotion and selling off their current crop (though I'm sure Dario will see most of that cash), they'll beg the FA for the points from a team whose players currently face a Christmas with no money. To be fair, they were that bad against us they'll need forfeited 3 points to squeeze out top 7.

Get the Alex liquidated, pronto.

Edited by Joe B

Crewe are pointing out that influential midfielder Jay Harris will be missing due to suspension if the game is played and if the game is played at a later date, he will be due to play.......You couldn't make it up with that lot.

I think you are being a bit unfair on Crewe here, we don't want a fixture pile up, though if it doesn't get played you do wonder whether Macc will survive the season. I feel very sorry for their players, the club has been poorly run. I don't want us to be awarded three points, I want the game played, but it doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Phil1965 said:

I think you are being a bit unfair on Crewe here, we don't want a fixture pile up, though if it doesn't get played you do wonder whether Macc will survive the season. I feel very sorry for their players, the club has been poorly run. I don't want us to be awarded three points, I want the game played, but it doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.

And to be fair to Artell, who has had a lot of (often deserved) stick on here, I think his comments are pretty decent on this issue:

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2019/december/artell-no-blame-at-the-door-of-the-efl/

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/david-artells-chester-days-means-17356182