onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

48 minutes ago, bobvale said:

I have already pointed out that momentum didn't even exist until after Jeremy Corbyn was elected leader of the labour party. I truely believe that the majority on her have no idea whatsoever about what momentum is and what it does. People seem to have some silly fantasy idea that momentum are thugs or extreemists when in reality they are basicly the youth wing of the labour party. Its strange that the same people who insult momentum are usualy the same people who think it is oh so witty to make up silly names for labour politics people.

Wasn't it Momentum who came up with the idea of the four day week?

Advert

Or maybe you and I are among the last of a certain generation and the tide is changing? Who knows? One thing I do know is that I have a relative who is very active with momentum and you could not wish for a sweeter kinder girl. If she is extreme or dangerous then I'm a banana.

I do not know about that jacko. I thought it was foolish to put that in the manifestoe although a nice idea. I think the manifestoe 'scared the horses' with all those ideas and think they should have just had about 5 ideas and gradualy introduced the rest over 5 years when they won.

1 hour ago, bobvale said:

I do not know about that jacko. I thought it was foolish to put that in the manifestoe although a nice idea. I think the manifestoe 'scared the horses' with all those ideas and think they should have just had about 5 ideas and gradualy introduced the rest over 5 years when they won.

They didn't think they could win, the best they stated they hoped for was a hung parliament...  which would have necessitated the cooperation of another party..... possibly SNP. 

They were looking for a majority but not an overall majority.

If only. I think this last election was sucha pivotal one. When you look at what we could have won, compared to what we've got. I am sure that many are pleased but I think it will be a disaster! Why does nobody care about the enviroment? I can not believe that if they did then they would think that only being carbon nutral by 2050 is anything but dangerous. Why are people not up in arms about this? All this talk about Brexit and the nhs yet as important as they of course are the planet should trump every single one of them. Shamefull.

5 minutes ago, bobvale said:

If only. I think this last election was sucha pivotal one. When you look at what we could have won, compared to what we've got. I am sure that many are pleased but I think it will be a disaster! Why does nobody care about the enviroment? I can not believe that if they did then they would think that only being carbon nutral by 2050 is anything but dangerous. Why are people not up in arms about this? All this talk about Brexit and the nhs yet as important as they of course are the planet should trump every single one of them. Shamefull.

Possibly because whatever we can achieve as a country 're carbon emissions other countries more than over compensate for the reduction. China's carbon emissions have increased dramatically quite recently and they have a large programme of fossil fuel generators in progress.... I'm not suggesting it's right.

If everyone isn't singing from the same song sheet you get a cacophony not a choir. 

don't be so silly! They didn't allow the torys  to win, they battled them and lost. Dominic Cummins presided over (or did he, there were reports he'd resined a few weeks ago) one of the most shameful election campains of all time. Lies (88% of all their facebook adverts were lies), cheating and conning people, a refusal to be fair or be scrutinised, a manifesto that they are already ripping up. This government had had policies and will continue to have policies that lead directly to the needless deaths of people and they, and the people who voted for them will be responsible for these deaths, I am sorry if that is unkind but it is my point of view.

It was a unique election. Brexit played the biggest part and nothing much else seemed to matter. I think everyone was sick and tired of it and wanted some light at the end of the tunnel (let's hope it isn't a train coming along the tracks). So those two factors, above all else, won the day. 

The opposition [Lib-Dems in particular] were stupid and should not have agreed to an election. There was a chance still that an extreme Brexit could have been softened and brought people back towards the middle. But Swinson was the biggest fool of the lot and thinking she would be PM and win lots of seats was pie in the sky nonsense. Corbyn too went along with it when even a bloke with a guide dog could see the trap that Cummings and Johnson had laid. All the polls indicated that it would be a Tory victory and once Farage let them have a free hit and the opposition failed to unite it was game over. I don't think the campaign much mattered.

I suspect that Labour won a lot of the arguments about matters like the NHS, tackling austerity and growing inequality but Corbyn was damaged goods and never a PM in waiting in a million years.

That said, I was quite shocked as to the number of people who voted for Johnson and his party because they are without any shadow of a doubt the biggest liars and con-men I've known. Almost everything they said was a lie. They altered ads and deliberately put out misleading statements by the dozen. But amazingly not enough voters cared. Perhaps it was a case of the lesser of two evils

[The report is on its way, Jacko. I think they said yesterday that it will be published.]

Yes, that will be very interesting. I am looking forward to the enquiry in to boris Johnson's relationship with that Jennifer lady too. Funny how she just vanished half way through the election campaign. I wonder if any money changed hands? One report that has come out today is one form the british medical journal stating that one third of all premature deaths are due to social inequality. Well done electorate.

Boris Johnson election pledges seem to be unraveling very quickly don't they.

Archived