onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

not bitter, just very worried. It's called looking out for those less fortunate than yourself, something lots of voters don't seem to care about.  I have my pension and I am worried about putting the heating on even though it is oh so cold today. Imagine how it must feel to actualy not have the money for heating or god forbid to be on the streets in this terrible cold weather. Some disabled people have had there benefits cut because of cruel tory rules and they will also be worried about keeping warm. SO sad. I think some people are more happy that there side won than thinking about how it will effect those less fortunate. shame on you. people will die because your side won, well done.

Advert

45 minutes ago, bobvale said:

don't be so silly! They didn't allow the torys  to win, they battled them and lost. Dominic Cummins presided over (or did he, there were reports he'd resined a few weeks ago) one of the most shameful election campains of all time. Lies (88% of all their facebook adverts were lies), cheating and conning people, a refusal to be fair or be scrutinised, a manifesto that they are already ripping up. This government had had policies and will continue to have policies that lead directly to the needless deaths of people and they, and the people who voted for them will be responsible for these deaths, I am sorry if that is unkind but it is my point of view.

That wasn't a battle it was a bloodbath..... lemmings leaping off the cliff

5 minutes ago, bobvale said:

not bitter, just very worried. It's called looking out for those less fortunate than yourself, something lots of voters don't seem to care about.  I have my pension and I am worried about putting the heating on even though it is oh so cold today. Imagine how it must feel to actualy not have the money for heating or god forbid to be on the streets in this terrible cold weather. Some disabled people have had there benefits cut because of cruel tory rules and they will also be worried about keeping warm. SO sad. I think some people are more happy that there side won than thinking about how it will effect those less fortunate. shame on you. people will die because your side won, well done.

Wow what a guilt trip.... Labour screwed up and it's the voters fault..... you sound like a Tory remoaner ..... or a Labour loon.... not sure which

you don't need to be so rude. the voters had a choice and they choosed to vote for a liar and someone who hid in a fridge and has no caRE or consideration for those less fortunate than himself, rather than the man who wanted to help the homeless and the poor people. It's not a bout scrwing up , labour offered something and it was rejected in favour of something else which in my opinion was something quite heartless and no compassion. the situation that the country is now standing in is going to be a very sad and frightning place for people who struggle and people who care about the enviroment. labour wanted to help these people but about 3 and a half million more people wanted Johnson. You can blame labour for there poor election campain but you can't blame them for what the torys will and won't do now they are in the big number ten. 

I would argue.... using your figures.... 3.500,000 million people didn't  want Boris the just didn't want jezza.. or Labour... depending on what you blame the result on.

Politics shouldn't be about doing what you have always done, what your parents did, what the area you live in has done for generations especially if politicians expect it or rely on it and if they take that for granted.

Labour got a kick to wake them up, if they don't heed that they will be asleep for a long time.

20 hours ago, geosname said:

They didn't think they could win, the best they stated they hoped for was a hung parliament...  which would have necessitated the cooperation of another party..... possibly SNP. 

They were looking for a majority but not an overall majority.

The salutory thing now for the Labour party is that because of the parliamentary arithmetic, for them to get a majority next time it will require a net seat gain of no less than 123 and even that would give them a majority of just 2! that's the scale of the problems they've given themselves.

1 hour ago, bobvale said:

you don't need to be so rude. the voters had a choice and they choosed to vote for a liar and someone who hid in a fridge and has no caRE or consideration for those less fortunate than himself, rather than the man who wanted to help the homeless and the poor people. It's not a bout scrwing up , labour offered something and it was rejected in favour of something else which in my opinion was something quite heartless and no compassion. the situation that the country is now standing in is going to be a very sad and frightning place for people who struggle and people who care about the enviroment. labour wanted to help these people but about 3 and a half million more people wanted Johnson. You can blame labour for there poor election campain but you can't blame them for what the torys will and won't do now they are in the big number ten. 

Liar? The public voted for Conservatives!  

2050 is maybe not too stretching a target to go carbon free I don’t know but 2030 like Corbyn stated has been proven to be unachievable, it’s all very good drawing up a manifesto that is unachievable when you don’t stand much of a chance of winning because you will never be accountable. As for the lies, there was far more lies coming from the Labour supporters through social media as there always is, as some Labour supporter on here stated, the Conservatives were very quiet and didn’t seem to show the same passion in the election campaign. You can moan all you like about the result but rather than hoping that Johnson fails why don’t you accept the result and despite not getting what you want hope that the Government does work and they can improve many a thing. I for one did not want Johnson originally but do hope he works out and does a good job.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Now that Caesar Boris has ridden his winning chariot right up to the Dispatch Box, heralded and saluted by his followers, can we really guarantee Brexit will be delivered end of January 2020? Hmm, interesting times ahead methinks. 

I will be surprised if we have left come end of January but I do think we will have progresses and we will have a clearer picture of what the divorce plan will look like.

24 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Now that Caesar Boris has ridden his winning chariot right up to the Dispatch Box, heralded and saluted by his followers, can we really guarantee Brexit will be delivered end of January 2020? Hmm, interesting times ahead methinks. 

Given the size of the majority it will certainly focus the minds in the EU,  especially if the don't want no deal.... he could get bullish and crash us out but that's unlikely because he will want to keep his majority for many years.

I think the desire to be in power with a good majority will pull the Tories closer to the centre.... although I expect some turbulance along the way... which will delay any Labour comeback unfortunately.

23 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

I will be surprised if we have left come end of January but I do think we will have progresses and we will have a clearer picture of what the divorce plan will look like.

The 'divorce plan' is agreed already and (unfortunately for me) there's absolutely zero chance that will shall not have legally exited the EU on 31st January.  However, that's only the end of the beginning.

The future relationship is now going to be the area of key focus and hopefully with his large majority, and a chance to ignore the ERG faction, there's a possibility of a slightly 'softer' Brexit deal to come. Only time will tell of course.

If anyone is still in any doubt about the state of denial the Labour left really is in, watch on catch-up Richard Burgon's woeful appearance on BBC2's The Daily Politic this morning--absolutely cringeworthy and showing totally the lack of any sign that Labour's hard-left flank is ready to throw in the towel.  Wonderful for anyone like me never wishing to see a left-wing government in this country.  Well done Richard, you get my vote for deputy leader together with all the other well-known Jezza acolytes such as Rebecca Wrong-Daily who is standing for the leadership--fantastic!

2050 is far far to late to be going carbon free. it is an absolute disgrace that our children and there children will never ever forgive us for. labour understood how urgent the climate disaster is and were going to take action, the torys will do nothing. shameful.

Archived