onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

I am not saying labour supporters, I am saying from the partys in there facebook adverts.  I am sure many labour fans lied as did many fans of the torys, but the partys approach seemed to be very different from each other with Johnson hiding and lieing and making up fake websites ect

Advert

Just now, bobvale said:

philippvfc thank you. I also think labour were offering too much and should have pretended more that they only had a few policys.

Agree, manifestos are rarely followed through and Corbyn was trying to win on every angle. Blair only had about  5 things on his winning manifesto, he followed though with about half with one being a promise not to increase income tax, of which he didn’t until his second term but he did increase NI on his first term. Don’t think any of Mays manifesto passed through.

He can be held accountable with having a majority. Get Brexit sorted and move on in improving other things. If we don’t see an improvement by 2024 the public can choose an alternative. Democracy does work, shame Corbyn and others failed to recognise this then they may not have been in such a mess.

I worry that he wil change democracy. he has shown that he is not afraid of changing the system and cheating and being against the law. what is to stop him passing a law that says they can have 10 years rather than 5, or that voters need to show driving licenses? this government and its election campain has shown that boris Johnstone has no respect for the right thing to do. he has also shown this in his writing for the papers and the magazines and also in his private life. I am afraid for our country and our children's children.

1 hour ago, bobvale said:

I worry that he wil change democracy. he has shown that he is not afraid of changing the system and cheating and being against the law. what is to stop him passing a law that says they can have 10 years rather than 5, or that voters need to show driving licenses? this government and its election campain has shown that boris Johnstone has no respect for the right thing to do. he has also shown this in his writing for the papers and the magazines and also in his private life. I am afraid for our country and our children's children.

As their is no effective opposition I don't think anyone can stop him extending to a 10 year term. I don't think he is that stupid to want to be excluded from the possibility of being in power for 10 years.

I don't care about his private life, that's why it's called private. He is a politician so I expect lies. I don't care much about his life outside politics I only care about what he does now and how it affects me and mine. What people think he may do or could do is irrelevant background noise, what people think he should do may be interesting but again irrelevant. It's what he does that has the impact.

You don't mind me posting a reply do you? I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other.

2 hours ago, bobvale said:

I have said before, Tony Blair is the reason where labour are where they are today. Jeremy Corbyn's 'protest party' got more votes than blair did in 2005 and Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't lead the country in to a ilegal war. funny how lots of torys like to hold up tony blair as a shining example of what a labour leader should be. Funny how the right, both of labour and the torys, seem to think the poor election result is down to labour being left wing rather than because of there wanting remain all the time.

Absolute rubbish. Tony Blair got us elected. We will be in Opposition for many years if this lot do not change their misguided ideologies. Corbyn would not win a church raffle.

1 hour ago, bobvale said:

joeb, there is a very very small gap in votes for both leaders, even when you take population growth in to account. how do you know this was down to Corbyn? I don't particularly like him but I am a labour man and I believe that Brexit was a bigger issues. out of the 60 seats that labour lost, the vast vast majority (50+) were leave seats and amny of ther rest were in Scotland. I think Jeremy Corbyn is also an issue and I do not claim that Brexit is the only reason unlike the people who are useing this as an excuse to hang all blame at Jeremy corbyns door and make the party go  right again.

Bob, if you cannot accept that Corbyn is a fine example of the Peter Principle - he has been promoted to his level of incompetence - then the Labour Party will never move forward.  Corbyn is not actually very bright and was poor in all of his major media interviews.  The manifesto is irrelevant if the bloke delivering it is unable to think on his feet when questioned.  He is not at all inspirational.  Also, his approach to Brexit was a joke.  As a lifelong Eurosceptic he failed miserably to state his position and ended up sitting on a fence which only succeeded in putting splinters up his backside.

If Brexit lost Labour the election then it's their own fault for failing miserably to be clear on their position.  If Corbyn lost them the election it's their own fault for persisting with a leader who was clearly very unpopular - look at the polls and the performance of the Party in the Euro elections.  If the manifesto lost them the election it's their own fault for not realising what has been obvious for years - the UK population is conservative with a small c and has always been averse to radical, left wing change.  If the print media lost them the election it's partly their own fault for giving them so many own goals. 

The only people to blame for Labour's defeat is the Labour Party hierarchy. The buck stops with them.

Archived