onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

2 minutes ago, bobvale said:

philippvfc, you talk about social media but facebook ads were 88% lies by torys and none 0% from labour. that's a fact my friend.

And the people who don't follow on Facebook don't give a rat's ass, if you rely on it the chances are you get your ass kicked.

The world is bigger than Facebook mate

Advert

16 minutes ago, bobvale said:

2050 is far far to late to be going carbon free. it is an absolute disgrace that our children and there children will never ever forgive us for. labour understood how urgent the climate disaster is and were going to take action, the torys will do nothing. shameful.

As I posted before whatever we do won't compensate for what China has and is doing.... that doesn't mean we should do nothing

If everyone doesn't sign up to it it ain't going to make much difference.

14 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

If anyone is still in any doubt about the state of denial the Labour left really is in, watch on catch-up Richard Burgon's woeful appearance on BBC2's The Daily Politic this morning--absolutely cringeworthy and showing totally the lack of any sign that Labour's hard-left flank is ready to throw in the towel.  Wonderful for anyone like me never wishing to see a left-wing government in this country.  Well done Richard, you get my vote for deputy leader together with all the other well-known Jezza acolytes such as Rebecca Wrong-Daily who is standing for the leadership--fantastic!

Tony Blair,the winner of three elections has laid into the Labour party this morning saying " The takeover of the Labour Party by the far left turned it into a glorified protest movement with cult trimmings,utterly incapable of being a credible goverment".

I have said before, Tony Blair is the reason where labour are where they are today. Jeremy Corbyn's 'protest party' got more votes than blair did in 2005 and Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't lead the country in to a ilegal war. funny how lots of torys like to hold up tony blair as a shining example of what a labour leader should be. Funny how the right, both of labour and the torys, seem to think the poor election result is down to labour being left wing rather than because of there wanting remain all the time.

12 minutes ago, bobvale said:

I have said before, Tony Blair is the reason where labour are where they are today. Jeremy Corbyn's 'protest party' got more votes than blair did in 2005 and Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't lead the country in to a ilegal war. funny how lots of torys like to hold up tony blair as a shining example of what a labour leader should be. Funny how the right, both of labour and the torys, seem to think the poor election result is down to labour being left wing rather than because of there wanting remain all the time.

Corbyn's party got more votes because the population and electorate is bigger now than it was 14 years ago. This is obvious:

Votes won - Blair 2005: 9.5m Corbyn 2019: 10.3m. Increase of 800,000

% won - Blair 2005: 40%, Corbyn 2019: 32%

Votes cast overall: 2005: 27.1m, 2019: 31.8m.

So despite 4.7 million more votes being cast in Corbyn's election than Blair's, he only secured 800,000 more vores (or 17% of the increased voting turnout).

Holding up raw numbers without demographic context is simply absurd.

Corbyn was the fundamental reason Labour lost. Tony Blair, with his myriad faults (though if anyone bothered to read the Chilcott Report they would see he was too trusting of flawed intelligence in order to support the US, as opposed to some genocidal war criminal), is the most electorally successful leader Labour has had and far more of a positive impact on people's lives than Corbyn, who essentially ran a highly unsuccessful pressure group for 4 years.

50 minutes ago, bobvale said:

philippvfc, you talk about social media but facebook ads were 88% lies by torys and none 0% from labour. that's a fact my friend.

Absolute load of bollox. Perhaps it depends who your friend are on social media but mine was full of left wing fake news, so much so that I stayed off Facebook a lot of the time. Like you, they are still moaning and pushing out fake news.

joeb, there is a very very small gap in votes for both leaders, even when you take population growth in to account. how do you know this was down to Corbyn? I don't particularly like him but I am a labour man and I believe that Brexit was a bigger issues. out of the 60 seats that labour lost, the vast vast majority (50+) were leave seats and amny of ther rest were in Scotland. I think Jeremy Corbyn is also an issue and I do not claim that Brexit is the only reason unlike the people who are useing this as an excuse to hang all blame at Jeremy corbyns door and make the party go  right again.

4 minutes ago, bobvale said:

joeb, there is a very very small gap in votes for both leaders, even when you take population growth in to account. how do you know this was down to Corbyn? I don't particularly like him but I am a labour man and I believe that Brexit was a bigger issues. out of the 60 seats that labour lost, the vast vast majority (50+) were leave seats and amny of ther rest were in Scotland. I think Jeremy Corbyn is also an issue and I do not claim that Brexit is the only reason unlike the people who are useing this as an excuse to hang all blame at Jeremy corbyns door and make the party go  right again.

Spot on, there was many reasons for Labours demise. I also think the last election they picked up a lot of voters because of Corbyns ambitious ( bull <ovf censored>) manifesto compared to May’s doom and gloom manifesto which included further austerity. Corbyn was disliked, Labour underestimated the amount of voters who want Brexit and Boris despite not being too well liked cam up with a generous manifesto and was as good if not better than Corbyn on the debates.

Archived