onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

He is an unsung hero for me.

I fully appreciate what Tom Pope has done for Vale over the years but I sincerely wish some fans could actually see what else Bennett brings to our squad. Again last night he laid balls off to colleagues giving us scoring opportunities. He may not be a header of the ball in Tom's class but he is mobile, chases everything down and does lay off many decent passes. He is a handful to opponents in a different way than Tom and it's my belief this season that opponents are so used to us hoof balling to Tom that it's catching out certain teams when Bennett runs at them and actually shield the ball before colleagues come into the picture.

Give Bennett a chance some of you Valiants. Tom can always come on and attempt to cause his havoc after Bennett has given centre backs a torrid time.

I'm a fan of Bennett. We should all support him and continue to see the benefits he's bringing to enable us to climb the table.

Bennett will score goals with his head. His sense of positioning is superb

Advert

2 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

He is an unsung hero for me.

I fully appreciate what Tom Pope has done for Vale over the years but I sincerely wish some fans could actually see what else Bennett brings to our squad. Again last night he laid balls off to colleagues giving us scoring opportunities. He may not be a header of the ball in Tom's class but he is mobile, chases everything down and does lay off many decent passes.

Completely agree. He gives us a really mobile front three when paired with the likes of Worrall and Amoo. 

I think Tom Pope is still an important figure but for me, as he enters the veteran stages, he will become more of a squad player - still a valuable player but more of an impact sub and fighting for a start rather than being guaranteed one.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

And Wozza the wonder winger... he is like a new signing under Askey!

The daft bloke sitting next to me said in the second half, Worrall is on four bookings, if he gets booked now he won't miss the Crewe game.  Within five minutes he was booked.  Was this a wonderful example of psychic communication?!!

17 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The daft bloke sitting next to me said in the second half, Worrall is on four bookings, if he gets booked now he won't miss the Crewe game.  Within five minutes he was booked.  Was this a wonderful example of psychic communication?!!

Every cloud has a silver lining😀

Anyone who says this team has made no progress vs Aspin is on the wind up. With significant first team injuries this current side is more balanced, has far better competition for places, a passionate teamwork ethic and is much more of a goal threat! We are playing far below our capabilities but are still hovering around the playoff conversation and but for Stevenage being Stevenage at the weekend we would be right up there. Aspin’s team at full strength and desire was a 15/16th calibre team. This side seems to be developing and finding a consistent system. I’m very hopeful, let’s get it!

What a win delighted for everyone especially the travelling supporters.

Im sitting there at 21.30 odd at 1-1 thinking hang on Vale then the score changed and Atkinson’s name was on there and to see Bradford 1 Vale 2 was lovely ,drove work and then was wondering why Nigel Johnson hadn’t said we had won till about ten mins after didn’t realise they was playing all that extra time .

Was a fantastic surprise so well done the Vale Andy great to hear every player put a shift in .

Great see Worrall and Atkinson on the score sheet .

Montano is a very good player and I’m delighted he played excellent in Crookes position .

The scenes at the end were brilliant and what football is all about and those fans of ours are a credit to the club .

A timely away win with Crewe and Mk Dons to come .

It will give every player in the squad confidence for upcoming games.

Its fantastic so well done all .

UTV 

3 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Somewhere between 10-15th without any concern of relegation is an improvement.

As the Macc fans said, Askey doesnt need money, he needs time.

I agree 100%. For me continuity is key here. If we can keep owners / manager in place for a few seasons and allow each to develop their side of things then we have a far better chance of success than chopping and changing.

In my view, it takes more than one summer's transfer window to get rid of the players you don't want and bring in the ones you want.

All three local sides have seen this - Stoke with Coates/Pulis, Vale with Bell/Rudge, Crewe with Bowler/Gradi. The last sucess we had was when a manager (Adams) who had been with us for some years (albeit with a break in between) had built a squad up.

So, if we go higher than mid-table this season that would be a very welcome bonus but if we secure mid-table safety then that would be progress and something to build on with the hope of a promotion push perhaps next season or the season after.

9 minutes ago, robf said:

I agree 100%. For me continuity is key here. If we can keep owners / manager in place for a few seasons and allow each to develop their side of things then we have a far better chance of success than chopping and changing.

In my view, it takes more than one summer's transfer window to get rid of the players you don't want and bring in the ones you want.

All three local sides have seen this - Stoke with Coates/Pulis, Vale with Bell/Rudge, Crewe with Bowler/Gradi. The last sucess we had was when a manager (Adams) who had been with us for some years (albeit with a break in between) had built a squad up.

So, if we go higher than mid-table this season that would be a very welcome bonus but if we secure mid-table safety then that would be progress and something to build on with the hope of a promotion push perhaps next season or the season after.

Exactly Rob... slow and steady.

It will be fascinating to see what he does in the summer... he has been slated for the Lloyd signing (by some) which was a gamble that hasn’t worked... but given the cost and the look of Burgess, Taylor, Amoo, Archer and Benno it’s one I can understand and still give him a positive mark transfer wise. 

lets also not forget his Marquee signing (Cullen) hasn’t had an impact yet due to injury.

All we need now is for some fans not to get over excited, short termist and negative when we hit the inevitable bumps in the road.

38 minutes ago, robf said:

I’d also tentatively throw the current Crewe side into that bracket as well. They’ve stuck with Artell for 3 seasons is it, slowly built a team and so far this season they’re doing well. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly Rob... slow and steady.

It will be fascinating to see what he does in the summer... he has been slated for the Lloyd signing (by some) which was a gamble that hasn’t worked... but given the cost and the look of Burgess, Taylor, Amoo, Archer and Benno it’s one I can understand and still give him a positive mark transfer wise. 

lets also not forget his Marquee signing (Cullen) hasn’t had an impact yet due to injury.

All we need now is for some fans not to get over excited, short termist and negative when we hit the inevitable bumps in the road.

I think some of the players were signed this summer to pad out the squad to a decent level. In the past, we've had an ok first eleven and then struggled as soon as anyone has got injured. This season, Manny, Montano, Amoo, Gibbons have all missed games but we've had above average replacements to fill the voids. Like you say, he's found players like Burgess and Taylor who won't be costing a lot right now, but could develop nicely over the season to be good players for next season (Although Taylor will likely head back to Forest).

I think with us finding quality backups this year, next summer will be about improving the first team and adding players on top of what we already have, whilst releasing players who are no longer necessary. It's been a while since we've been in that position. That's when we should see the results of the consistency and patience everyone needs to show in the upcoming months.

I had to turn it off and go to bed at half time as it was 11.30pm here and I had to get up for work. I thought the first half was brilliant...thoght we played really well and couldn't believe this was the team of the last two weeks. Then that penalty award was given, unduckingbelievable. As a ref can't you sense the forward is looking for something there? For me the problem is partly that these jumped up gits have never played any sport to a decent level so have no feel for what the players are doing......anyrode, thought that was it and we'd be lucky to get a point. Couldn't believe it when I got up and saw he score!! 

I don't know if anyone else on here has commented but that twot of a manager Gary Bowyer wanted, in the words of my Grandma, hitting with a stocking full of hot diarrhoea! What an appalling little git! All game his histrionics were in full view, arms waving, down on all fours, pointing where the throw in should be taken from, looks of disbelief that his lot didn't get every decision, apart from the penalty......he was an absolute embarassment and his team got what they deserved Feck All! You're managing Bradford chuffing City in League 2 you pillock, not Real Madrid in La Liga!

Well done, Vale, you still drive me to despair but I LOVE it!! 

18 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t worry, I’m on it!! This time last year after 15 games we’d just drawn at Stevenage (believe it or not) and were 16th with 18 points. So three points better of albeit still the same number of wins - 5. 

Now that’s what I call progress 😀

Not forgetting virtually all achieved without Manny, something we could not do last season.  Testamen5 to Askeys r3cruitmen5 and Carol and Kevins support.  Onwards and upwards

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What a way to describe Eddie ! Didn't he buy you a drink or something ?

Archived