George

Stoke Relegation Thread

Amusing to hear the Radio Stoke arselickers saying how Stoke played so well and were so unlucky in their 4-0 twonking.

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Amusing to hear the Radio Stoke arselickers saying how Stoke played so well and were so unlucky in their 4-0 twonking.

I watched it on Espn over here. O’Neill only has one system , like his namesake Martin. One up front and nine at the back. Awful to watch. 
Keep it up , Michael. 

• Like 1

Stoke’s fans seem to be bi-polar about the O’Neill revolution from one game to the next. Still, I suppose that in itself is an improvement for them. 

When are the Euro 2020 play offs?

I attended. Stoke were the better side but lacked any clinical edge and were done by two set pieces.

There is clear improvement but they're fundamentally still not a great tean.

Will survive, just.

7 hours ago, Santa said:

Stoke’s fans seem to be bi-polar about the O’Neill revolution from one game to the next. Still, I suppose that in itself is an improvement for them. 

When are the Euro 2020 play offs?

Bosnia v N. Ireland Thursday 26th March

Winners of that meet winners of Slovakia v Ireland  on Tuesday 31st March.  

8 hours ago, Joe B said:

I attended. Stoke were the better side but lacked any clinical edge and were done by two set pieces.

There is clear improvement but they're fundamentally still not a great tean.

Will survive, just.

Why? 

13 minutes ago, Santa said:

Ultimately because there are three teams worse than them in the league.

The financial disparity between the Premier League and EFL means there should be a small cycle of teams that flit between the Premier League and Championship. For some bizarre reason this cycle instead exists between the Championship and League One.

Unfortunately that means that assuming Stoke survive this season then they'll also finish above Rotherham, Peterborough and whoever comes up from the League One play-offs this season.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

The financial disparity between the Premier League and EFL means there should be a small cycle of teams that flit between the Premier League and Championship. For some bizarre reason this cycle instead exists between the Championship and League One.

Unfortunately that means that assuming Stoke survive this season then they'll also finish above Rotherham, Peterborough and whoever comes up from the League One play-offs this season.

Unless one of those teams is Sunderland, who should be on a firmer financial footing now. It will be Stoke`s last year of parachute payments next season and they are much reduced, so it will be even harder for them next season. 

4 hours ago, bycars rob said:

Unless one of those teams is Sunderland, who should be on a firmer financial footing now. It will be Stoke`s last year of parachute payments next season and they are much reduced, so it will be even harder for them next season. 

Yeah, it's not an attractive club for a manager but O'Neil seems to be very competent. I'd imagine they'll survive this season and then be forced to accept mid-table for the foreseeable, but we'll see.

Watched there game on the red button last night that Tyrese Campbell played very well but to lose when general performance was better than the opposition is not a good sign as Preston only had four attacks scored twice from corners so lack of doing the basics there and I got the impression like when I watched them versus Derby once the opposition scored they didn’t play with any where near the intensity required get back in the game .

Will finish mid table in my opinion but could be dragged back in if they do not show character when losing 

May be agent O'Neil is a double double agent. If he can pull this one off then he's a complete genius and he certainly had me fooled a couple of weeks ago, when I accused him of being a dirty double crosser. 

Our fantastic run is playing mind games with the lard as we see them reverting to dripping , especially as the teams below them are starting to show that they can also pick up unexpected results 

Is the real "derby" about to be resurrected in 2020/21 season?

Edited by Old fort
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1