George

Stoke Relegation Thread

2 hours ago, tunstallpotter said:

3 years ago Leeds averaged 22,000 compared to 34,000 this season - I wonder why could it be that they weren't very good then and flying high now?

Every club has glory hunters.  Stoke are not unusual in that respect.

• Confused 1

I get the “red button” argument but this was a 6 pointer, must win game. Says a lot for loyalty , pride , whatever . Shocking from our neighbours. When a following of thugs turn up, they’ll all be out, just watch. Very poor. Deserve relegation. 

• Like 1

According to agent Jones they are a very good side box to box. Pity they can’t defend or score in the box. Agent Jones reports that they did not take any shots on goal last night..... mission accomplished.

Presumably the surprisingly delay is  just sorting out compensation for Jones and then being in a position to announce the new manager almost immediately. 

In my opinion, where it has gone wrong for Jones is his signings. As a manager/coach I don’t think he’s that bad. But he has spent money, decent money and brought in by championship standards poor to mediocre players.

Add to that he tends to publicly criticise players which never goes down well, Clearly he is not liked by the playing staff and as usual they blame the manager as opposed to their own poor performances.

To me, the situation over there looks like a downward spiral which looks very difficult to reverse.

Whoever the manager maybe.  

• Like 1

When our noisy cousins down the road were threatened with relegation from the Premiership, a university based economic "Expert" predicted that the City of Stoke on Trent would suffer economically to the tune of a few hundred millions.

This has got me thinking,can anyone point out who or what has suffered from their deserved (In my opinion) demise ? because as sure as hell I can't.

Radio Stoke that bastion of equality where football is concerned made a big play on this saying many times what a tragedy it would be for the local economy if Denis Smiths side were relegated, obviously that came to pass and now they are marooned at the foot of the Championship, does this mean the end of Stoke on Trent as we know it or do you think it will survive ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doha said:

The only logical explaination is that they tried to line people up and have been turned down.

It really is like Christmas, Swansea are going to mince them on Saturday 🤣

Sometimes in life things happen which no one can fully explain. Such as hundreds of frogs simultaneously falling from the sky, world war 2 bombers found on the moon and Elvis discovered working in a chip shop in Peckham.

Jones not getting the bullet rates marginally higher than these.

Remarkable.

Edited by RailwayRowdy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like they had Hughton in their sights and he has turned them down according to the Mirror,once they have a replacement agreeing to go there, Jones ,cruelly, will be given the chop.

Look..... He seems a good bloke and the ideal manager to take stoke into the future and I just hope the Coates family see it the same way.

• Haha 1

I've just turned the job down just checked with Bet 365 and my wife is now 2 /1 favourite. On a serious note when do you stop sacking managers and put the spotlight on where it rightly belongs the players.

Looks like they had Hughton in their sights and he has turned them down according to the Mirror,once they have a replacement agreeing to go there, Jones ,cruelly, will be given the chop.
Look..... He seems a good bloke and the ideal manager to take stoke into the future and I just hope the Coates family see it the same way.

Looking back on when we first met

i cannot escape and i cannot forget

Jonesy your'e the one

You still turn me on

You can take Stoke down again

REPEAT

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

I've just turned the job down just checked with Bet 365 and my wife is now 2 /1 favourite. On a serious note when do you stop sacking managers and put the spotlight on where it rightly belongs the players.

With abit of luck they will blame the board.

• Like 1