Sign in to follow this  
Jacko51

Pets

We had a lovely black cat, Squeaky, who had moved in with us from across the road when a dog arrived in their house. She was a very intelligent cat but passed away some years ago. We are away from home so often it wouldn't be fair to have one now.

My nephew has a beagle which is the stupidest dog on the planet!

A one year old Staffie Fox Hound cross named Merlin and two cats, Wilson and Mikey. Mikey only has one eye so was named after Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.

All three are rescue animals BTW. Adopt don't shop

A 9 year old collie cross called Lottie

A grey tabby and white cat called Nemo

They get on very well but the cat loves to wind the dog up. He'll sit on the arm of the sofa till the dog comes to sit beside him, then he'll wrap his front paws round her head, dig his claws in and bite her ear - it can't be too hard though because all the dog does is wag her tail.

We have a grumpy cat called Rosie which we got from a rescue centre

IMG_20180731_181607779_HDR.jpg

And Fred has a gorgeous leopard gecko called Lyra

IMG_20171128_202630.jpg

In the past I did possess a rescued cat called "Oshor" in honour of former Vale winger Oshor Williams.

We always had dogs (collies) growing up and my mum used to breed them back in the 1970s. I'd love one again but hate the idea of picking up their sh*t, so won't get one. Instead we have two black cats (Raskolnikov and Kinski) who are increasingly sick of a two year old grabbing their tails but at least they bury their dirt, albeit in next door's vegetable patch. Both are getting on now, about 14. :(

We had a lovely black cat, Squeaky, who had moved in with us from across the road when a dog arrived in their house. She was a very intelligent cat but passed away some years ago. We are away from home so often it wouldn't be fair to have one now.

My nephew has a beagle which is the stupidest dog on the planet!

Our black cat died last year.He was called Midnight and was a little bit evil.

I took in 2 Ferrell kittens when their mother abandoned them.... sooty n sweep..... both killed by snakes but managed to drag themselves home to die..... I adopted a small kitten from the temple when it jumped up my leg and refused to let go.... diamond... still going strong 13years about.

A dog I bought at the market from an old woman who needed to eat, she said quite convincingly it was a Dalmatian..... it was a Jack Russell cross, named it money, brilliant rat catcher, sadly gone.... rescued 2 other dogs, Goldie and zuzu... both useless but loveable... we had a dog called quang, sadly died, brilliant snake catcher.... old age caught up with him in the end.

I have a lizard who wanders in the house occasionally, about 4 foot long..... not sure he's the pet or we are.... it's not ours, it's a pet bought young and small and abandoned when it grew.

I took in 2 Ferrell kittens when their mother abandoned them.... sooty n sweep..... both killed by snakes but managed to drag themselves home to die..... I adopted a small kitten from the temple when it jumped up my leg and refused to let go.... diamond... still going strong 13years about.

A dog I bought at the market from an old woman who needed to eat, she said quite convincingly it was a Dalmatian..... it was a Jack Russell cross, named it money, brilliant rat catcher, sadly gone.... rescued 2 other dogs, Goldie and zuzu... both useless but loveable... we had a dog called quang, sadly died, brilliant snake catcher.... old age caught up with him in the end.

I have a lizard who wanders in the house occasionally, about 4 foot long..... not sure he's the pet or we are.... it's not ours, it's a pet bought young and small and abandoned when it grew.

Beats my story about the cats ******** in next door's garden!

Beats my story about the cats ******** in next door's garden!

Not really mate.

There are a hell of a lot of abandoned animals here, they are usually dumped in the Forrest when they get tiresome..... they just adapt to their circumstances, either snakes and scorpions or just making a statement by crapping in a garden.

It's always surprised me how an animal can change your mood and calm your spirit just by being what it is..... awkward, independent, cantankerous...... and a hell of a lot more.

No but currently yes, dog sitting daughters Cocker Spaniel while she is on her Jollies. She is called Sansa , apparently after a ginger haired Princess in Game of Thrones. That's the dog not my daughter.