onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey, Dave kevan

connor hackett

Advert

Credit wheres credit due. An awful lot of criticism when these two were appointed. They have walked into an truly awful situation at vale park, under performing squad, who we all said weren't good enough. The protests outside the ground, although not aimed at the management team, still cant be nice. These guys rocked up at vale park and it must be the first time I've ever known a new manager not introduced to the crowd. Somehow, they have managed to turn an awful team into a team that can compete and pick up points. Love to know what they've done to Dave worrall, hes like a new player. Well done and thank you John n Dave.

I love Aspo but a ************ could see Worrall is one of our better players. I’m not deriding the amazing job JA has done mind

I was and still am an Aspo fan but Askey’s high pressing style so late into the season has been superb. I can’t believe he’d go to Oldham as their Chairman is mad as well. His only weakness is his substitutions, lack of on occasions or timing of them. He’s improving on that based upon today.

My biggest worry is ownership uncertainty, otherwise a struggling group of players have been sorted into a coherent team, square pegs into square holes, motivated and after today should be confident of being able to overcome an early setback, playing with 10 men, and taking 3 points away. Retaining and strengthening is for the future. Enjoy for the time being and thanks.

Their owner is as mad as a bucket full of frogs and they also have money problems.

No wonder Scholes left so maybe Askey is better off staying at Vale especially if Smurthwaite goes.

They are in no better position than us so not an improvement on Vale.

I'm sure a return to the Potteries was a major factor in bringing him to VP as well. It would take a big offer from Oldham to persuade him to go there and I don't think it will happen.

Really happy how the new management have turned things around.

Just need to exorsize the blue cancer from the club,and maybe.....Don.t hold your breath.I see Nuneaton had a 90 year old Pensioner offering cash to help the club he had supported for years.

Well Done Gorm you come over as a really nice bloke.

Really happy how the new management have turned things around.

Just need to exorsize the blue cancer from the club,and maybe.....Don.t hold your breath.I see Nuneaton had a 90 year old Pensioner offering cash to help the club he had supported for years.

Well Done Gorm you come over as a really nice bloke.

But Norman can't put money into Nuneaton Borough as wouldn't that call his non ownership into question?

Probably becasue they have to learn their trade gradually instead of jumping in at the top based on a playing reputation as opposed to management.

And not thinking because you played under a good manager/ managers, you automatically are one.

John Askey is doing very well. I sincerely hope he has a contract extension in the summer. He seems to be a good learner and moves on from his mistakes quickly. I am sure he learned from his Shrewsbury experience and his choice of Dave Kevan was smart. He got an experienced man who is locally based despite not having worked with him before. He also wanted John Rudge to stay. Those are signs of a confident decisive man who is not paranoid about utilising the skills of others. His messages in the media and his quick response to the Oldham speculation are all signs of a savvy mind. Without doubt he has improved some players who were under performing. Great start John.

Well done John and Dave you are doing a fantastic job.

Keep up the good work and thank you for giving the fans something to cheer.

To achieve what he did at Macc than suggests John Askey is more than competent. has the Vale at heart which helps. I have to be honest after his first 4 games I feared the worst. Could not believe the change starting at Notts County. He and Dave Kevan have given PVFC a massive lift. The season (and club) was dead. They along with the hard work of the players have lifted all fans. Well done and thank you.

Archived