onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Askey, Dave kevan

connor hackett

Advert

I was one who wasn't sure when he was appointed for the position we were in but I'm so glad they've proved me wrong and these 2 have got the lads playing some good football looking 100% fitter and they all never give up till the final whistle. Fingers crossed they will both be here next season and build on what they are doing

Builds a team on a 350k budget,could do wonders here imo with a 1.4m+ one say

John Askey is a breath of fresh air to the Vale. A genuine caring professional with the club very much to heart. Superb at Macc, could be a great like his father at Vale. Lets all hope for new owners and a fresh start with John and Dave Kevan at the helm.

Unlike with Aspin I don't cringe and then hit the stop button when I hear Askey talk. Not because he say's anything particularly enthralling. But he has a calmness about him, a positivity. Even when he should have sounded pleased, which wasn't too often granted, Neil Aspin always sounded downbeat and tiresome. I can only imagine player for him is about as uninspiring as it could possibly get.

No doubt at all that John Askey would do a good job at Vale ,worked wonders at Macc on the smallest budget in the Vanarama league.We still need to review of all the playing staff starting with the academy and youth team , these areas have to be the life blood for clubs like ours .

No doubt at all that John Askey would do a good job at Vale ,worked wonders at Macc on the smallest budget in the Vanarama league.We still need to review of all the playing staff starting with the academy and youth team , these areas have to be the life blood for clubs like ours .

At least Askey is willing to give younger players a go, if they are good enough. He seems able to instil confidence in players, particularly useful when bringing through players from our own youth teams. Whether we will keep more of our academy players will be down to the economics of how the club is run in the future. A time of consolidation and necessary change hopefully in the close season.

Was great to hear Askeys black n white army, got to be tied down as they have the players n fans onside plus have more than earned a longer contract.

Thought that about the singing myself - the Black and White army has never fitted properly with anyone (even Micky Adams) since Sir John left.

It would be great to give them time under new ownership to build a squad who compete like the team are now doing with the crowd travelling to all opposition with hope and with ‘Johnny Askeys Black and White Army’ ringing out at grounds both home and away.

I was one who considered Vale should stick with Aspin and after first 4 defeats in a row under John Askey I was even more concerned although the 4 defeats included some awful refereeing decisions against Vale.

However it's very pleasing to see the transformation John Askey and Dave Kevan have bought about, the high press, higher tempo game and the rejuvenation of the players, particularly David Worral who most couldn't work out why he wasn't playing under Aspo.

Aspo did the business last year and John Askey has done it this year and hopefully John Askey will take Vale onto greater things next season.

I was one who considered Vale should stick with Aspin and after first 4 defeats in a row under John Askey I was even more concerned although the 4 defeats included some awful refereeing decisions against Vale.

However it's very pleasing to see the transformation John Askey and Dave Kevan have bought about, the high press, higher tempo game and the rejuvenation of the players, particularly David Worral who most couldn't work out why he wasn't playing under Aspo.

Aspo did the business last year and John Askey has done it this year and hopefully John Askey will take Vale onto greater things next season.

If the season was a few games longer we would have gone down with Aspin last season. It was quite clear to most that he was in way over his head, was on a very steep decline and will basically never be a football league manager as long as he's got a hole in his arse.

Tyler, mate, don't go over the top about someone who kept us up last year and was a legend here as a player.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I too don't think he was good enough to go any further with us but he did spot Oyeleke and got Howkins back here so he wasn't all bad. Choose your words carefully, please.

For me, like Foyle, Glover and Sproson, he might not have been a success as manager but he'll forever be one of the best players ever to pull on a Vale shirt.

Archived