onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey Defence League

Robbie Earle's Perm

What’s the point in having a manager then at any club?

It's an inherited squad, it's not what you might call a normal situation.... he can't get rid of them because the available replacements are as bad.... they play crap no matter who or where they play.

If you order wood to build a shed and they deliver a tree what do you do except say "What the F do you expect me to do with this"

I would drop pope.... not because he's useless..... but because when he is on its the easy fall back position to bang it up and hope.

He may not be forceful enough to do that but that's not his fault, it's the guy who gave him the job.

Advert

My opinion on Askey 4 games 4 defeats .

Must do better in fact could he do any worse .

So they didnt want play for Aspin and they dont seem be able play for Askey .

Players well whats there game .

If Vale get relegated then who will want them ?

It's an inherited squad, it's not what you might call a normal situation.... he can't get rid of them because the available replacements are as bad.... they play crap no matter who or where they play.

If you order wood to build a shed and they deliver a tree what do you do except say "What the F do you expect me to do with this"

I would drop pope.... not because he's useless..... but because when he is on its the easy fall back position to bang it up and hope.

He may not be forceful enough to do that but that's not his fault, it's the guy who gave him the job.

Then why apply take the job if he doesn’t want the responsibility that comes with it, he knew the job description?

I agree with you over Pope as do many others but I doubt Askey will have the balls because he has no other plan and he is so seemingly reliant on him on and off the pitch.

I stand to be corrected but his stats prove he’s not a league manager.

Every player gives 100% It's just not their fault they are not good enough,put simply if you sign enough non league players to keep costs down and enough older pro's at the end of their careers to keep costs down and sign a load of untried kids to keep the costs down, no matter how hard they try even Pep would fail to get a tune out of this group.

Then why apply take the job if he doesn’t want the responsibility that comes with it, he knew the job description?

I agree with you over Pope as do many others but I doubt Askey will have the balls because he has no other plan and he is so seemingly reliant on him on and off the pitch.

I stand to be corrected but his stats prove he’s not a league manager.

On the other hand based on his past record he might be ideal if the worst comes to the worst?

I feel a bit sorry for Askey really. He needed a managerial job after being sacked by Shrewsbury and obviously felt that he could improve the team. However he inherited a bunch of players low in confidence, had no chance to get any new players in and we now know that whichever team he puts out they are not up to the task. Gibbons, Whitfield, Pope, Brown keep coming out with the obvious that we need to start winning games but with only 4 goals and 5 points in two months since Christmas, the clock is most definitely ticking. Not sure which will come first, Brexit or Vale relegated.

Anyone still supporting this clown who makes Michael Brown' date=' Gannon and Sinnott look like Guardiola?[/quote']

From the outside looking in, I find it hilarious how oblivious you are to people having an outright disdain for you.

Do you remember when you used to ask fans on other forums questions about the games they're team had with vale in the past? I remember reading your arse kissing nonsense on those forums (because somehow you got admin status I think again because you kissed arse) and thinking is this guy for real? The fact the you impose that crying emoji into everything you put really emphasises how little you doubt even yourself.

I'm a season ticket holder regardless of the amount of posts I have and despite how toss vale are. Why should someone like me get drowned out by your constant over posting and threads? Everyone on those forums found you annoying, everyone on this forum finds you annoying. Ive said it before, the balanced posters get drowned ot by your **** posting, jacko, doha, santa, curtain....all just lying under the 100's of posts of crying emojis and strung together smurf worship sentences.

Turns out you are, you are actually conjoined to your phone or computer in order to get out numerous responses on here, stir **** on here, back smurthwaite on here...just like you were before the year you took off where it actually made paradise reading on here for quite a while not having your nonsensical baiting posts such as this.

You have bashed every single manager we have had. There is a fact. I'm not surprised your bashing this manager even though on previous posts (im talking pre aspin) you actually wanted Askey? You are in normans pocket, stirring away trying to divide the fanbase further over the manager when the fanbase needs to be united over B&G, which you are not, even though its blindingly obvious to everyone apart from you. (again Smurfs pocket)

I KNOW DEEP DOWN YOU WANT TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION ON HERE, YOU SAD LITTLE MAN. SHUT UP AND BACK THE MANAGER BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO ANY MORE FROM YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN IN TAIWAN OR WHEREVER THE HELL YOU ARE.

I'm sure smurthwaite appreciate's the part time refs point of view when reading on here, reminding himself there are still cretins on here that back is chaos.

The players can do a LOT more Geo' date=' they are a disgrace to the club in the main.[/quote']

I agree with that without the ball they lack desire and effort! They don’t deserve a professional contract, they should be ashamed!

Strong words? Of course it is, but let’s be frank and honest.... this team is good enough to stay up, the only reason they aren’t good enough at the moment is because there’s far too many passengers - they are a disgrace to the shirt and badge. I really hope they read this thread, it disgusting... a real lack of fight throughout the squad!

I’m sick of it, paying good money to watch them play for 10/20 minutes here and there, they ought to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves... do I feel like I’ve gone to the edge and back? Do I feel like I’ve given my all for every single minute whilst out there, representing every single port vale fan?

In short, not one of them can say that!

It’s disgusting and I hope not a single one of them get a professional contract next season!

I'm honestly not that sure the players can do better.

We've got a truly awful squad. It's also a hugely unbalanced squad. I've got no idea what formation I'd go with. 442 seems obvious at home but we haven't got two strikers to put together to give anyone anything to think about.

We've got no wingers at all so that's out the window.

In the middle the only one who looks anything like athletic is injured all the time and is also playing his first season of league football so we can't, and shouldn't have to, rely on him. So we have to put kay and Joyce in their respective Co ordinates and hope for the best.

Defensively we can't actually be that bad although the goals against column possibly has a lot to do with style of play, forced because we've got zero goals in us.

This is because of our joke transfer policy. Completely and utterly Smurthwaites fault.

There really is nobody else to blame. He actually made it his business not to make an effort in January.

Let's be fair, we're going down and we've done absolutely nothing about it. We're going without a whimper.

I'm honestly not that sure the players can do better.

We've got a truly awful squad. It's also a hugely unbalanced squad. I've got no idea what formation I'd go with. 442 seems obvious at home but we haven't got two strikers to put together to give anyone anything to think about.

We've got no wingers at all so that's out the window.

In the middle the only one who looks anything like athletic is injured all the time and is also playing his first season of league football so we can't, and shouldn't have to, rely on him. So we have to put kay and Joyce in their respective Co ordinates and hope for the best.

Defensively we can't actually be that bad although the goals against column possibly has a lot to do with style of play, forced because we've got zero goals in us.

This is because of our joke transfer policy. Completely and utterly Smurthwaites fault.

There really is nobody else to blame. He actually made it his business not to make an effort in January.

Let's be fair, we're going down and we've done absolutely nothing about it. We're going without a whimper.

Hang on, is this a new poster talking sense ?

It struck me months ago that this squad isn't good enough, but some perpetuated the myth that if only we had a good manager then we'd be flying.

I'm sorry but it isn't true.

I don't think Aspin could get any more out of the players. They do their best but their best isn't good enough, sadly.

We've amassed a team of older pros (all past their best), very young inexperienced loan players, and a handful of equally inexperienced non league lads trying to make their mark in league football.

We've said it time and time again. Ideally we need a team mainly in their prime years, say 24-30, with proven success at this level. But we've probably only got a couple of lads who fit that description.

We are where we are because the owner has a strict wage cap, is reluctant to invest in the squad, and prefers to shop in the bargain basement of non league, American college football, Spain's lower leagues and youngsters on loan from under 23 teams because they cost nowt.

We have the effort and the commitment most weeks. But what we don't have is the quality and class that can make a difference.

I hoped Askey would have done a bit better to date but am I surprised? Not one jot. He's been dealt all 2s and 3s, with no chance to swap his cards for better ones.

Archived