onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Askey Defence League

Robbie Earle's Perm

You are so predictable, but we don't need a smokescreen. We all know where the blame lies, it is your buddy the buffoon.

Don’t be fooled, he’s no buddy of mine mate!

His 5 managerial appointments have ended up being pretty horrific.

I called Askey straightaway and got grief for it, sadly I was proven right and it gives me zero happiness.

Advert

Askey can’t be blamed for the position as Aspin chose to resign, so we always needed a manager and Askey stepped up.

The main villain is Smurfwaite. He hired Askey post shut window as he refused to sack Aspin when he was back enough over Christmas.

He didn’t sack him because that would have meant paying compo, Aspin walked as it became clear he was not getting the claimed 400k support in Jan.

I believe Smurf’s 400k message was not just a lie to fans, but to encourage Aspin to stay when he was desperate for funds.

The squad still needs that money and only Smurf can give it.

I'm as frustrated as the next man but it's a bit unfair to overly blame the fella when he inherited a very poor group of players and had no time to bring in his own players because the window has shut.

The blame lies with NS.

You can't produce miracles with the poorest squad of players I can ever remember. We badly needed lift in January and a couple of better quality players but thanks to NS he kept his wallet shut, broke his promise and conveniently appointed a cheap, new manger after the window had closed.

I think Klopp would struggle with this lot. A new manager needs time and patience and the ability to be able to bring in his own players.

It's like trying to compete in a Grand Prix with a clapped out old skoda. You can blame the driver all you like but the truth of the matter is that the blame lies elsewhere - with the owner.

I'm as frustrated as the next man but it's a bit unfair to overly blame the fella when he inherited a very poor group of players and had no time to bring in his own players because the window has shut.

The blame lies with NS.

You can't produce miracles with the poorest squad of players I can ever remember. We badly needed lift in January and a couple of better quality players but thanks to NS he kept his wallet shut, broke his promise and conveniently appointed a cheap, new manger after the window had closed.

I think Klopp would struggle with this lot. A new manager needs time and patience and the ability to be able to bring in his own players.

It's like trying to compete in a Grand Prix with a clapped out old skoda. You can blame the driver all you like but the truth of the matter is that the blame lies elsewhere - with the owner.

I agree he shook the pack up to day and the poorest squad in over 50 years still can't do the business.

I don't know why anyone is surprised at our form.

If you've watched us play all season long it is crystal clear that this is the poorest group of players that we've had in my lifetime and choc-a-bloc with youngsters, inexperience, players past their sell by date, and injury prone ones. We are simply not good enough. The effort is there. But we don't have enough quality, especially going forward and in midfield.

Everyone knows that the January window was going to be crucial for us, but what did NS do? Wait until the very end to replace one cheap manager with another one, not spend a penny of the promised 400k and consequently leave us up the creek without a paddle.

January was our chance to improve the XI and NS blew it.

As I say, you can't expect miracles when you are dealing with a poor squad of players. All you can do is to ring the changes, as he has done, and hope that something falls for us, but it was always going to be an uphill struggle because of N's refusal to strengthen the team in the window.

Aim your shotgun at him, not poor Askey.

Don’t be fooled, he’s no buddy of mine mate!

His 5 managerial appointments have ended up being pretty horrific.

I called Askey straightaway and got grief for it, sadly I was proven right and it gives me zero happiness.

You've not been proved right yet. In fairness to Askey hes gone into a gun fight armed with a catapult. Hes tried different players and formations and it hasn't worked. It might not ever work with the mediocre players he has to work with. He wasn't my choice of manager if I'm honest, I would have preferred a manager who shouts and bawls and motivates, that doesn't seem like Askeys way. Still early but running out of time fast, he hasn't got a magic wand, but we've got to back the guy until the fat lady sings.

No need for that, support the players/team please.
I do but Pope looks like he's made of wood and his head is made of glass.

That worries me but what worries me more is it looks like his heart isn't in it anymore.

He knows we are rubbish and think "why try"

You've not been proved right yet. In fairness to Askey hes gone into a gun fight armed with a catapult. Hes tried different players and formations and it hasn't worked. It might not ever work with the mediocre players he has to work with. He wasn't my choice of manager if I'm honest, I would have preferred a manager who shouts and bawls and motivates, that doesn't seem like Askeys way. Still early but running out of time fast, he hasn't got a magic wand, but we've got to back the guy until the fat lady sings.

He will never fire the catapult as his hands are never out his pockets in the technical area come on John show a bit of passion even if it might be fruitless with this squad:sad:

Archived