onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club syndicate idea

whotobeakiller

People have suggested om here to get Smurfwaite out we need a Vale fan to pay him off and take over the club with a means of using funds won from the lottery. Whilst most of us dream of such a feat I think there is some potential for the idea to be part of a supporters club initiative.

I'm not a member of the supporters club...never have been and never really thought about joining or what the benefits of membership would be.

Smurfwaite is a cancer in the club...there's no doubt about that. He is out to get out of the club as much as he can without proper investment...that we can agree.

Remember it was the fans whom, in 1987 raised funds to buy Darren Beckford. Fast forward to 2018 and we are probably WORST OFF than in 1987? Anyone want to contest this assertion?

Why doesn't the supporters club (With Mark Porter's blessing) start from the next Saturday home game initiate a supporters club generated Euro Millions syndicate in which a percentage of any winnings goes to the syndicate and a percentage to the club. If the syndicate wins the jackpot, a small percentage gores to the supporters and players within the syndicate the rest towards the playing and running budget strictly not going to Norman Smurfwaite.

Some monies could be accumulated to buy him out or support a new investment into the club which promotes a supporters share of the overall shares in the club.

The initiative will be about playing side investment or better facilities within the ground...Smurfwaite gets nothing.

Any ideas to add to this or how it could take off? No doubt about it the club is dying and needs investment NOW

Advert

I understand the sentiment I feel the the pain and utter frustration that we now find ourselves in,the position we find ourselves in was so so unavoidable.

I think the lottery idea just shows how desperate we are for change,I'm not knocking or mocking the idea, I just dont think it will work, for one reason the odds are astronomical.

While I agree with your planed outcome, you do realize the odds for winning the lottery? I may just believe, that the chance of Port Vale being in the Premier League in 2030, have smaller odds than winning the lottery... :sad:

I'm sure we could match three numbers, that's about as much as the club is worth.

I suppose the obvious fault with the plan is that unless there was a BIG win Smurf would still be there taking money out and putting less in.

The second problem, possibly, how many syndicates work where everyone pays on time and no one has to chase members for money.

I would ask a simple question..... if the syndicate buys a player who owns the contract and therefore the sell on rights?

Those who refuse to go could start contributing the admission fee they would otherwise have paid. If, say, 2000 fans did that over the course of a season that would be just over a million.

Are you suggesting fans buy the club or just buy players so Smurf doesn't have to?

If smurf thought someone was trying to buy the club who was backed by a bucket load of cash then either he’d dismiss them as ‘not suitable to take the club forward’ or suddenly announce a couple of million pounds worth of new director loans which add to the debt..

If smurf thought someone was trying to buy the club who was backed by a bucket load of cash then either he’d dismiss them as ‘not suitable to take the club forward’ or suddenly announce a couple of million pounds worth of new director loans which add to the debt..

Any news on registering the club as a community asset?

I know that the council put that clause in before Smurthwaite bought the club but not sure what happens if the club is closed down or the period it covers.

The Charlton community asset runs for 5 years and I am sure if we keep pushing for it Smurthwaite might realise he would be left with an unsaleable asset if the club folded.

The odds of winning the euro millions is about 140,000,000 to 1. Its a bit of a laugh to spend a couple of quid and imagine what you’d buy if you won, but it’s not a realistic plan to save a football club. You’ve got more chance of a meteor hitting you whist being struck by lightening.

Archived