onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaites signings

butt lane vale fan

Rawlinson is match fit as he has been playing most of the season. Experience is perhaps the wrong word, stamina is perhaps better. It is unlikely that the new signings can maintain a level of performance required at league 2 level without playing for five or six matches. Meanwhile the rest of the team has to carry them.

Fair points - but the Notts F and Man U lads are young and should be match fit (one is playing in the reserves today I believe). I think they should at least warrant a place on the bench esp when Manny is out. We haven't got a great deal to lose.

In terms of Rawlinson, I've tried to be supportive of him but he had no league experience before he came to Vale and it shows. He is way out of his depth and puts pressure on his fellow defenders as a result of his ineptitude. We need a settled back four and my choice would be Gibbo, Legge/Smith, Howkins and Clark/Crookes. I think Clark needs a break and Crookes is a natural left back - time and again Clark got into decent positions on the left on Saturday and couldn't cross because he has no left foot.

Advert

At first there was “no proof” that Smurthwaite was bringing in players... now there is proof... he has no problem with it.

The SDL lives on.

If you for a second think Smurthwaite would send the lads away if the manager said “no” but he himself thought there was a fast buck to be made ... Well, then you really are misguided.

1. There is no proof that he's done it in the past

2. No there is only proof that he's inviting players for a trial

3. SDL or whatever cool little name you want to come up with doesn't exist and even if it does, I am only interested in truth, not conspiracy, so if I defend Smurf it's only against untruths.

4. I've not said that I think the manager has a veto.

Other than that, good post.

1. There is no proof that he's done it in the past

2. No there is only proof that he's inviting players for a trial

3. SDL or whatever cool little name you want to come up with doesn't exist and even if it does, I am only interested in truth, not conspiracy, so if I defend Smurf it's only against untruths.

4. I've not said that I think the manager has a veto.

Other than that, good post.

Stop being so rational RB, people can’t cope with rational statements.

Stop being so rational RB' date=' people can’t cope with rational statements.[/quote']

People are angry and upset - you can't blame them for that. Not entirely sure why they see fit to attack you, but this site has always had a bit of that going on.

SDL or whatever cool little name you want to come up with doesn't exist

Yes it does.

It's getting smaller as people realise whats happening... but there are a few hardcore SDL lunatics that will twist anything to deflect anything negative from their master.

S S SDL

S S SDL

S S SDL

I’m not sure that having the equivalent of the ‘even better than that’ character off the Fast Show buying players for the incumbent manager, based on little more research than an agent approaching him, can be anything other than a negative.

Can nobody see the correlation that this transfer business has with our inability to sign enough proper footballers and our decline down the leagues over the past three or so years?

I genuinely don’t understand the affinity for such players who are clearly abysmal and have consisntly underperformed putting us in the position we are now and costing a legend of our club his job ultimately.

The same club legend who picked these players, signed some of the players that have arguably been underperforming, didn’t sign the quality and creativity we needed up front and in midfield, packed us full of defenders, played players out of position and who also picked the ever changing formations?

Experience is a massively overrated commodity in football, as has been proven time and again. Joyce and Kay have loads of experience, but the problem is neither has any pace left and both are now liabilities because of their lack of pace.

Ironically, Rawlinson has little experience at this level and is crap but let's keep playing the silly sod eh?

I think experience is something that’s shouldn’t be dismissed so easily. What you’re talking about with Kay in particular is that his legs have gone a bit, but it’s the experience and the leadership of the older players and the know how or how to deal with situations through games that’s important too.

Whilst Rawlinson may be experienced at this level he’s played a lot of games that matter for TNS, which is a totally different thing to u23 football. I wouldn’t say that he’s massively cost us goals with that league 2 inexperience, but then again someone like Gibbons has come in from the academy and made over 50 appearances and I can’t think of a costly error that’s costs a game. He had a break and I’d say he’s someone who with that experience looks steadier than he did do. Smith is another, I think he’s been steady again for most of his time but made a few mistakes and needed a break. Clark has cost us a few goals this season and is another learning on the job. Maybe he’ll need a break too? But when I think of players who’ve been bad I think of Vassell who literally looked like his confidence evaporated in a couple of games, Jules from last season coming from Shrewsbury, Ryan Taylor with all his experience. So maybe some players take to it quicker than others? But there’s no way I see the manager dropping both of Kay and Joyce and putting in 2 young lads, I think one should stay in and then you get legs around them. It’s such an important part of the pitch and we’ve not really replaced grant there.

Up front you can see the inexperience in players like turner and Elliott and defenders were taking the ball off then with ease or they weren’t making the right runs. I think it’s a big job getting the balance right between playing the younger inexperienced players with the older ones and also knowing when to give the young ones a break too. Not all of them take to it straight away. But at some point he has to give some of the loans a go in the team or else we’ll never know if they will sink or swim.

People are angry and upset - you can't blame them for that. Not entirely sure why they see fit to attack you, but this site has always had a bit of that going on.

It’s because I’m a little more open minded and don’t see the point of forcing an owner out and certainly all the hatred (life is short afterall) if there is no viable alternatives to take the club forwards.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not happy with the owner, manager and players we have, this is not where I want Port Vale to be, far from it as I’d love to live my childhood memories or promotions, giant killing cup wins and anticipation of winning games walkingbto the ground, but I just don’t chose to rant bile and hatred to someone behind a keyboard. It’s as though this is a dictatorship and if you don’t hate the owner you must be run out of town.

Anything I don’t like I just report and let admin decide what stays and goes.

The same club legend who picked these players, signed some of the players that have arguably been underperforming, didn’t sign the quality and creativity we needed up front and in midfield, packed us full of defenders, played players out of position and who also picked the ever changing formations?

I think experience is something that’s shouldn’t be dismissed so easily. What you’re talking about with Kay in particular is that his legs have gone a bit, but it’s the experience and the leadership of the older players and the know how or how to deal with situations through games that’s important too.

Whilst Rawlinson may be experienced at this level he’s played a lot of games that matter for TNS, which is a totally different thing to u23 football. I wouldn’t say that he’s massively cost us goals with that league 2 inexperience, but then again someone like Gibbons has come in from the academy and made over 50 appearances and I can’t think of a costly error that’s costs a game. He had a break and I’d say he’s someone who with that experience looks steadier than he did do. Smith is another, I think he’s been steady again for most of his time but made a few mistakes and needed a break. Clark has cost us a few goals this season and is another learning on the job. Maybe he’ll need a break too? But when I think of players who’ve been bad I think of Vassell who literally looked like his confidence evaporated in a couple of games, Jules from last season coming from Shrewsbury, Ryan Taylor with all his experience. So maybe some players take to it quicker than others? But there’s no way I see the manager dropping both of Kay and Joyce and putting in 2 young lads, I think one should stay in and then you get legs around them. It’s such an important part of the pitch and we’ve not really replaced grant there.

Up front you can see the inexperience in players like turner and Elliott and defenders were taking the ball off then with ease or they weren’t making the right runs. I think it’s a big job getting the balance right between playing the younger inexperienced players with the older ones and also knowing when to give the young ones a break too. Not all of them take to it straight away. But at some point he has to give some of the loans a go in the team or else we’ll never know if they will sink or swim.

I wouldn't disagree with much of that - my comment on Kay and Joyce is that their absence of pace is throwing the whole team out of sync - watch the number of times we just stop when either get the ball. I agree it is probably too much to drop both of them (although we did OK without either of them at times this season) but we need a younger pair of legs in there.

I've become less of a fan of Rawlinson because he is affecting the defence with his play. Not his fault, he tries his best, but we need someone with a bit more about them in defence.

Agree with you in terms of attack - that is our real problem here. Having said that, I thought Elliott looked OK in his appearances and I was surprised that Askey got rid of him.

Can see REPs post quoted in your reply to him. I hold my hands up, maybe he isn't a troll, he's just incredibly thick.

People post an opinion he disagrees with, he labels them rumours that people run with.

REP posts and, "it's a forum for opinions".

He forgets what he's previously posted. I suppose when you post the volume of crap that he does, it's easily done.

funny Interesting post whilst defending your mate,,,

You jump in his defence

You agree with me he could be a troll

You agree with me my points

Yet you say my posts are volume crap yet u agree with me? Makes me laugh the irony

You say all my posts are crap yet you read n remember em all

My opinion 3 things

1. You have a split personality and the a dark side took over this morning

2. You accidentally put alcohol on your cornflakes

3.your mum didnt put your fav choccy bar in your lunch box

Suggest you have a lie down and let your brain settle oh and keep reading...will lookout for your blue n white smurf in scarf on sat

funny Interesting post whilst defending your mate,,,

You jump in his defence

You agree with me he could be a troll

You agree with me my points

Yet you say my posts are volume crap yet u agree with me? Makes me laugh the irony

You say all my posts are crap yet you read n remember em all

My opinion 3 things

1. You have a split personality and the a dark side took over this morning

2. You accidentally put alcohol on your cornflakes

3.your mum didnt put your fav choccy bar in your lunch box

Suggest you have a lie down and let your brain settle oh and keep reading...will lookout for your blue n white smurf in scarf on sat

Well,well,well.FST is SDL.

Archived