onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What happened over Richards?

old sage

Yes and it's the owner who is spreading most of it and I for one have never threatened him or his family who I wouldn't know if they were standing next to me. Yes there are many lies being told and 99% of them are told by the owner himself.

No they aren't.

Advert

Last night while I was at the Supporters Club Meeting. Word came out that Mark Richards was at the ground with a view to signing for us. Later I was informed that the deal had fallen through as terms couldn't be agreed. Since then I have been told that it failed over £70.

Sorry OS, but that sounds like complete bull to me or, at best, a cynical and deliberate omission of material fact (I'm not saying by you or your informant). No chairman (and that includes NS, regardless of my own feelings towards the man) NOR player would pull a deal on a basic £70 difference. If there is any truth in the '£70' figure at all, I strongly suspect that your informant has left out key further information (i.e. it was a £70 dispute, but per day, for example).

If it’s the same snippet that I saw then the question to Marc was along the lines of are you going to sign.

His response was that he was on the way when the move was cancelled by the chairman.

Doesn’t even say which club he was on the way to or whether it was his or the other teams chairman.

Yep he did indeed. Probably ours but could have been Swindon’s and there was certainly no mention of him being st the ground or it falling through for £70. Some of the guff spouted does the ‘Smurf out league’ no favours in their campaign.

It’s odd beyond words if it’s our chairman without having a fall back striker to sign as I mentioned last night as our striking options in the squad are abysmal.

There are so many people on here who believe or read things into rubbish they read on the internet it's unreal. Then when someone says something they say they are lying because it contradicts someone using a fake account. I know understand the Trump phenomenon is the U.S..

No don't think so as clubs signed players that had had their contracts cancelled after the August Window!

Pretty sure that if still in contract when the window closes then can’t sign for another football league club until the next transfer window - in this case the summer

No they aren't.

Here's just a few Gems..

I have supported Neil throughout and we increased the budget this season to try and help achieve our ambition.

Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite says he will give manager Neil Aspin around £400,000 to spend in the January transfer window.

Port Vale turned down the chance to appoint new QPR manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink over fears of racist abuse from their own fans. He added: 'I didn't take him because of the racial issue the club had got. I didn't think it was fair on him. 'Can you imagine the poor bloke getting abuse, along with the normal abuse if results were going against him?

Smurthwaite said: 'I was beaten up by three Vale fans outside Vale Park. I had a serious hiding. I lost two teeth and had stitches. 'That has resulted in my son not coming to games and my daughter has to have stewards with her for fear of her own safety. No-one should have to put up with that.

Norman Smurthwaite has tweeted to say that striker Carlos Saleiro will be the “goalscoring star” of League One.

Take a look at his wiki page, the list goes on and on and on. I rest my case your honour!

It’s odd beyond words if it’s our chairman without having a fall back striker to sign as I mentioned last night as our striking options in the squad are abysmal.

Yes, almost as though he is not the right man to take the vale forward and is dangerous for the club... the thing you continue to refuse to admit. #SDL

It was Mark Richards himself on his own Instagram that said the Chairman pulled the plug mate. Doesn't say which chairman, but Swindon had just signed Theo Robinson, so potentially he was to replace him.

This highlights how bad we are that we are below a club who believe Theo Robinson is a better footballer than Marc Richards.

Archived