onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Autonet

Walka003

Advert

As for Ian Donaldson, wasn't he linked with buying the club years ago - either when V2001 were "in charge", or was he one of the other interested parties when V2001 were chosen by the Administrators?

You might be thinking of Ian Macintosh?

He bought it for 1.2 million so if he sells it for 1.3 million he can say he has made a profit.

If we get relegated he will have to pay someone to take it off his hands.

Pie in the sky that he will get 6 million .Despite his lies he has taken a lot of money out of the club including the Hugill money he has received.

But he is a greedy bar steward trying to milk as much as he can out of the club and really is happy to hide the money in his other companies that make no money.

The only way to force him out is to keep harassing him at home matches with banners and red cards like the supporters did at the last away game.

If the club is losing money every month why wouldn't Smurf sell and stop the losses. If the club is costing Smurf money every month then how does he come up with the £6m+ valuation. Certainly not based on the profits its generating or the improvements made under his ownership.

Didn't realise the TV programme Fantasy Island was back on the box again. Boss, Boss Da Plane, Da Plane.

One other possibility could be buy the club and move to a new ground...think autonet have a lot to do with kidsgrove play their for 2 yrs whilst building a new smaller stadium ..leave our dictator with a ground of no use and some expensive buildings to maintain or develop question if he will break even on the current value of land in burslem ...pure guess though

It would be wonderful to behold but, even if a new owner couldn't buy the ground, you can bet there would be a clause tying them to use the ground ensuring a flow of rental income into the owner's company. If there's no-one who can pay Norman's overvalued price for the club, I would think, unfortunately, that the club has to lose all its value, either by losing our league status or going into administration, or both. In that scenario, I think we'd soon find a buyer but at least Norman would be gone - and with nowt to say for it into the bargain.

In any deal he will keep the ground and rent it to the club owners.

Does anyone remember his statement that he would leave the club in a better state than he found it?

Dont have to play at VP mate, could move to a purpose built smaller ground, 10,000 capacity, or just groundshare for a while. Anything that gets him out...

Think he kept wicket a few times and yes he was a steady footballer. Very strong forward.

I’d love see him invest a few quid.

I see the KMF name is still on the Lorne street stand. Are they still paying money for this advertisement?

they still sponsor vale

Look, Vale as a football club alone is worth financially literally nothing. The only reason ************ bought it in the first place was for the the land, not even the stadium. Hence he has now separated the two.

If he tried to sell the club without the stadium, all he would be offering would be a continual loss making company. No one in their right mind (other than commited Vale fans) would buy us under those circumstances.

In my opinion, he is surreptitiously trying to put the club out of business, then he can do what he likes with the land.

I realise there is this clause where the land can only be used for football or recreation, but how long will that last once the football club has folded ?

I have no knowledge of Smurfthwaite’s complete business portfolio. However his first purchase as a teenager was property. Wilde’s was supposedly buying a hotel for him. Again property. He buys us and claims the property for himself. He buys Nuneaton’s ground. Again property. And these are just the few we know about.

Forget about investment into the football club as he has no intentions of doing so whatsoever. His sole aim in my opinion is to get as much as he can for the land HE now owns, which was his sole purpose in purchasing our beloved club in the first place.

In my opinion he will NEVER sell as he see’s Vale Park as yet more stock for the sweety jar once he has got rid of that pesky football thing.

I have scoured the dictionary for words to describe how much I hate this man, but none come close to fully explaining exactly how I feel.

And in reality, how sad is that.

I would be happy if someone took over from within the community even if they weren't absolutely minted to spend a lot of money into the club. As long as they have a connection to the area and have the club at heart that is good enough for me.The club really needs to be self sufficient with a long term plan.The stay away fans, in my opinion, would slowly start to return.

Carol and/or Ian fit the bill.

Tick tock Norman

Archived