onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Autonet

Walka003

I would be happy if someone took over from within the community even if they weren't absolutely minted to spend a lot of money into the club. As long as they have a connection to the area and have the club at heart that is good enough for me.The club really needs to be self sufficient with a long term plan.The stay away fans, in my opinion, would slowly start to return.

Carol and/or Ian fit the bill.

Tick tock Norman

I agree with you.

But V2001 certainly bought us with the best of intentions, of that I have no doubt. But sadly they lacked appropriate funding which led to all the shenanigans later in their stewarddhip.

Yes, I agree that we need someone who CARES about us whether he or she be a Vale fan or not. But unfortunately they have to have adequate funds.

Advert

I agree with you.

But V2001 certainly bought us with the best of intentions, of that I have no doubt. But sadly they lacked appropriate funding which led to all the shenanigans later in their stewarddhip.

Yes, I agree that we need someone who CARES about us whether he or she be a Vale fan or not. But unfortunately they have to have adequate funds.

V2001 never had the money - they had to borrow money to buy the club so started with a huge debt. If new owners have enough money to buy the club they won’t face that problem.

V2001 never had the money - they had to borrow money to buy the club so started with a huge debt. If new owners have enough money to buy the club they won’t face that problem.

I don’t disagree with you Jacko. I was merely responding to MBE’s comments about who he/she would like at the Vale.

I too would like someone who cares, but along with that has to be financial clout. Sad, but true.

I, like a lot of us lost money buying shares, but when it turned out later that the best offer on the table was from the Icelanders down the road, what choice did Bob Young realistically have ?

Look, Vale as a football club alone is worth financially literally nothing. The only reason ************ bought it in the first place was for the the land, not even the stadium. Hence he has now separated the two.

If he tried to sell the club without the stadium, all he would be offering would be a continual loss making company. No one in their right mind (other than commited Vale fans) would buy us under those circumstances.

In my opinion, he is surreptitiously trying to put the club out of business, then he can do what he likes with the land.

I realise there is this clause where the land can only be used for football or recreation, but how long will that last once the football club has folded ?

I have no knowledge of Smurfthwaite’s complete business portfolio. However his first purchase as a teenager was property. Wilde’s was supposedly buying a hotel for him. Again property. He buys us and claims the property for himself. He buys Nuneaton’s ground. Again property. And these are just the few we know about.

Forget about investment into the football club as he has no intentions of doing so whatsoever. His sole aim in my opinion is to get as much as he can for the land HE now owns, which was his sole purpose in purchasing our beloved club in the first place.

In my opinion he will NEVER sell as he see’s Vale Park as yet more stock for the sweety jar once he has got rid of that pesky football thing.

I have scoured the dictionary for words to describe how much I hate this man, but none come close to fully explaining exactly how I feel.

And in reality, how sad is that.

Brilliant post!

I don’t disagree with you Jacko. I was merely responding to MBE’s comments about who he/she would like at the Vale.

I too would like someone who cares, but along with that has to be financial clout. Sad, but true.

I, like a lot of us lost money buying shares, but when it turned out later that the best offer on the table was from the Icelanders down the road, what choice did Bob Young realistically have ?

I agree about Young. The problem was that some of the V2001 directors failed to put their money where they mouths were.

The ground may be the noose around our neck if NS won't sell it along with the club. A new owner buying the football club and developing a new stadium somewhere else may be the only way our club can have a sustainable future.

Ultimately, the future depends on the honesty, integrity and intentions of the future owner. With the current owner, the club will die.

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

The ground may be the noose around our neck if NS won't sell it along with the club. A new owner buying the football club and developing a new stadium somewhere else may be the only way our club can have a sustainable future.

Ultimately, the future depends on the honesty, integrity and intentions of the future owner. With the current owner, the club will die.

Rotherham had a similar situation. Old owner still owned Millmoor and tried to screw new owner for what he saw as exhorbitant rent.

What happened ? New stadium at the New York. But you need serious dosh and vision for that to happen

But are Rotherham any bigger than us ? Most certainly not! So it can happen, but it takes a serious commitment on the new owners behalf.

I occasionally pass Millmoor. It is still upkept, but as far as I am aware is still unused.

What puzzles me is how much the land can possibly be worth. Land for housing in north staffordshire can't be worth that much and the costs of demolishing the stadium, clearing the land and making it fit for residential building would be considerable. Could it possibly be worth more than the figures Norman would require to break even? I've no idea but it would seem like a stretch to me.

I have no knowledge of Smurfthwaite’s complete business portfolio. However his first purchase as a teenager was property. Wilde’s was supposedly buying a hotel for him. Again property. He buys us and claims the property for himself. He buys Nuneaton’s ground. Again property. And these are just the few we know about.

Then there was trying to buy the old Nat West bank building in Burslem, getting apartments built on Vale Park land, as well as a pub.

He's also on estate agent lists of people interested in properties that come onto the market in the area.

He just wants to be a property magnate.......whereas in reality he's a proper ************!

Rotherham had a similar situation. Old owner still owned Millmoor and tried to screw new owner for what he saw as exhorbitant rent.

What happened ? New stadium at the New York. But you need serious dosh and vision for that to happen

But are Rotherham any bigger than us ? Most certainly not! So it can happen, but it takes a serious commitment on the new owners behalf.

I occasionally pass Millmoor. It is still upkept, but as far as I am aware is still unused.

Rotherham were promoted with us in 2013. Since then they have played 4 seasons in the Championship. Whereas we .......

I think this was the guy on twitter last week meeting Carol with some rather cryptic vale related hash tags.

There was also a photograph of Carol, Tideswell and one of the KMF owners a few days before with similar tags.

Potential consortium on the cards?

The meeting related to a charity that Carol has started

Ian Donaldson is a Liverpool fan.

I doubt Smurf would ever sell the club to Carol. Although if she was part of a consortium of wealthy individuals (those noted above would be a great start) that may be a different situation. The mess the Vale is in will need the intervention of some excellent business brains.

I agree with you.

I think a well run club should be able to run within its own finances and shouldn't need constant input from a financial benefactor otherwise we will only go round in circles and constantly be over a barrel by whoever owns the club. If the club was ran in the right in the community more fans = more money - it worked for V2001 until the ..... well I won't go into that it might stir up old wounds for some.

You just need the capital to invest in the 1st place.

I wouldn't say know to a high roller though who ticked my other boxes!

On the other hand the ground might become Norman's noose - stuck with a ground with no team paying rent, locked into an agreement with the local council.I would hope they have some balls and play hard ball with him.

Archived