onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

Colchester in freefall , shocking form

There for the taking

With our track record against teams in free fall. As we are a generous team to teams in free fall, can only see this go one way. Result 2-0 to them. 1 Corner = a goal. 1 Set play = a goal.

Just asking for a higher tempo game from Vale players and attack them from the kickoff. Sit back and we'll lose.

Aspin's aleady effectively said that we need to be solid defensively so that we can get 'a' goal, so your wish is not looking at all promising!

I’m expecting the same team as the Lincoln game, but wouldn’t be surprised to see something like Rawlinson at right back either if he’s fit, (Purely because Aspin doesn’t usually seem to play systems that may suit our strengths to take the game to the opposition).

These are in poor form but i can’t look past an away win here. Best team I’ve seen by a distance and they utterly destroyed us last time. Not sure how it was 2-0. Aspo will set up the same as Lincoln, invite pressure and hope we get one chance and pope scores. I’d attack them, they’re on a bad run and conceding goals. I’d look to play pope Whitfield and either miller/Angus from the start. We don’t need Kay and Joyce in the same 11.

Heard last night that Monty is injured and that should mean Whitfield, Angus or Miller should be played, and I personally favour the latter, but I rather fear none will start,and if NA continues with this absurd one up front policy, is there any point having all three even on the bench?

Worse I fear, especially as they have some very tall lads in their team, he will revert back to four CH's, meaning Gibbo, despite some decent performances of late, could also be dropped and we may see Clarke on the left wing and the undroppable Hanno on the right.!

Leaving Conlon and Manny in the middle and the sprightly Kay stuck in front of the back four.

Could be an exciting afternoon!

Please let me be so far off the mark here!

Aspin's aleady effectively said that we need to be solid defensively so that we can get 'a' goal, so your wish is not looking at all promising!

Problem Aspin has got is, if he goes for it and we don’t score, or even concede,we don’t get enough goals to come back generally, so starts cautiously for this reason!! If we looked like we could score on a regular basis, I think his approach would be different. At Halifax with Vardy and Gregory he wasn’t cautious and defensive, because they could always out score teams!!

Archived