onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Colchester United

Fosse69

Advert

I've been to the last 3 Col Utd home games with friends ( I live in Colchester).

They are a bang average side at the moment and have lost their zip and link up play has suffered.

When Vale played them early doors this season we were played off the park in my opinion but in recent weeks Col Utd have struggled. Here's hoping that continues and Vale nick a 1nil or 2-1.

I expect they will play us off the park again. Morale in the squad will be at an all time low when we sell Angus to Crwho?

If l was a player reading this site, I'd give up. I honestly would.

Seriously, where on earth does the desperate negativity of some Vale fans come from? Is it an insight into their mind in general? Absolutely does my head in!!

And for the record, in the last 4 games v Colchester we're level i.e won one each and drawn the other two... so why on earth will they pay us off the park "again"?

This was the game where at 2-0 Aspin subbed Gibbons for Legge and put Rawlinson right back and said it was to add more height to the side, when aerially we weren't having a problem on the wings. Hannant and Monty had a nightmare with their right back and right winger, I'm sure the goals came from them not following runners. We definitely need to try and force them back rather than let them come on to us. I'd be playing Clark and Gibbons for sure, we could go with 2 alongside Pope and play them high in the hope it keeps their full backs in. But I'd be tempted to say that Aspin will probably end up going with a midfield 5 with hopefully someone from there breaking to get up with Pope.

Yes, both goals down the right and no one following the runner. Here are the highlights:

You can see even from the three minute video just how many chances they missed. Aspo should be sitting the team down to go though this and make sure there's no repeat. We need to put them on the back foot from the off, otherwise they'll just take over.

Difficult game but we can win it, if we set it up right.

If l was a player reading this site, I'd give up. I honestly would.

Seriously, where on earth does the desperate negativity of some Vale fans come from? Is it an insight into their mind in general? Absolutely does my head in!!

And for the record, in the last 4 games v Colchester we're level i.e won one each and drawn the other two... so why on earth will they pay us off the park "again"?

Ask yourself what do we have to look forward too? We have a manager who is so yo-yo in his mood, tactics, substitutions it’s makes you feel depressed going into games - people on here need to get some sense of realism and get off the cloud 9 Aspin the messiah will come good.... the standard of football is 90% of the time awful and people are voting with their feet.

I do hope we do well on Saturday (as I always do) but taking the last 10-15 games there’s not a lot to write home about. If we played like we did against Sunderland, we have every chance of winning anyone!

When we played them last time, they were very pacy, especially down the middle where they continually found so much space, in fact am sure two of their goals came from quick intricate passing that just ripped our midfield to pieces.

They also had some bloody huge players, throughout the team, so please no corners or we've had it! :smile:

Archived