onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Shrewsbury Town

Fosse69

Did you include the £70k from BT Sports for the Sunderland game as well Sage?

Yeah, don't think we would have made that much from gate receipts. 7000+ crowd, but £10 (less for concessions)price. Got to take VAT out, big costs (police). Only 45% to us. Only very rough estimates obviously. But it's still big income for us / Norman.

Advert

Bit perturbed at the people who seem to hold the belief that everything will come good if Aspin makes some signings of a good calibre.

Will new players stop the generally awful tactics, subs and decision making?

There's an argument that it will because he's hamstrung with the limitations of the current squad.

I think we all realistically know that that argument is delusional.

I like him as a bloke but I would be pleasantly surprised if we will challenge for the top 3 if he is here for the next few years. I don't think he has the vision and consistency. It's not for me to say if he ever will have those attributes in his managerial career but at this stage it all just feels a bit futile.

You're a barrel of laughs

It’s a good win and boosts the income (what that means for Vale who knows) and importantly lifts confidence which has seemed rock bottom lately.

Good to see Miller and Angus get game time, expect Miller to be back in the fold certainly with the squad a few players lighter.

Thought we played some decent stuff and should of won in normal time but still look far from decent going forward. Set piece deliveries were poor again which after being so good at set pieces early in the season have dropped big time.

Passing was sloppy at times, Manny and Joyce guilty of it a few times and Kay but overall job done.

It’s a good win and boosts the income (what that means for Vale who knows) and importantly lifts confidence which has seemed rock bottom lately.

Good to see Miller and Angus get game time, expect Miller to be back in the fold certainly with the squad a few players lighter.

Thought we played some decent stuff and should of won in normal time but still look far from decent going forward. Set piece deliveries were poor again which after being so good at set pieces early in the season have dropped big time.

Passing was sloppy at times, Manny and Joyce guilty of it a few times and Kay but overall job done.

It was good to see a side trying to play without resorting to long balls to Pope all the time. But going forwards I think our link up play struggled at times, and I think that’s symptomatic of us not really playing like that for much of the season. We’d be firing balls in to the forwards or Mannys feet and it wasn’t sticking or we were delaying the return and the move broke down or we were just too slow in moving the ball on. But we were moving them around a lot and finding some good space for ourselves. It just needs some more work, because I thought there was some promise from us, especially coming from the wide areas with the full backs joining in. My only slight criticsm of those areas come from Clark being too high and sitting alongside their full back most of the time in that first half, and effectively it ruled him out as an option to receive the ball. If he'd just dropped 20 yeards deeper he would have been on a lot of the time.

I must add that our set piece delivery was disappointing for most of the night.

I wasn’t sure that Manny playing more centrally worked as well as intended, he was more involved at Lincoln when he was on the right of the midfield, but I can see why he was playing where he was last night, to get try on the ball in the more dangerous central areas. But it was left to Joyce to do a lot of running in covering their full back pushing on.

But overall I think we did well and I think there were some good performances in there last night from individuals like Brown (as usual), Gibbons, Smith, Rawlinson and Kay for example.

Again I thought the subs were a bit baffling, not necessarily for the choice of player to come on, but more how we intend to set up when we make those changes. Whitifild moving to the wing took him out of the game. Angus going to left wing saw him add very little from that area.

Excellent result which puts us into the last eight.I expect the Chelsea U21's to beat Posh tonight and join Man.City's U21's in the quarter-finals along with Sunderland,Portsmouth,Bristol Rovers,Oxford and Bury.

Who would I like in the next round?Either Oxford or the Gas at home would do for me.

UTV.

Archived