onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are our numbers falling?

ollyandpatch

I have been attending the Vale regularly since 1969/70 season and yes I am obviously older now but I can’t say that I look foreard to games any more. I go more out of a sense of duty and it gets me out of the house for a few hours. I no longer attend away games and home games seem a chore.

I have read that some people thought yesterday’s game was entertaining. I thought we were out-played from about 20 minutes in and that the performance after that was nothing short of abysmal. Too many centre halves in the team for a start, no closing down allowing the opposition to pass it around and a lack of quality throughout.

If Neil Aspin felt that yesterday was a better performance than last week at Morecambe then they must have been bad. Not sure whether the problem is Smurf or Aspin as the players in the squad would seem more than capable but all we get is dross week after week.

Advert

I have been attending the Vale regularly since 1969/70 season and yes I am obviously older now but I can’t say that I look foreard to games any more. I go more out of a sense of duty and it gets me out of the house for a few hours. I no longer attend away games and home games seem a chore.

I have read that some people thought yesterday’s game was entertaining. I thought we were out-played from about 20 minutes in and that the performance after that was nothing short of abysmal. Too many centre halves in the team for a start, no closing down allowing the opposition to pass it around and a lack of quality throughout.

If Neil Aspin felt that yesterday was a better performance than last week at Morecambe then they must have been bad. Not sure whether the problem is Smurf or Aspin as the players in the squad would seem more than capable but all we get is dross week after week.

It was we played for about 10 minutes at Morecambe.

What annoys me as much as the rubbish being churned out weekly is that Aspin complains that the goals given away were disappointing but there's no mention of our lack of attacking threat, seamless attack, chances created. I'm bored to death of the stuff we're playing and couldn't wait to get into the warmth yesterday. I don't think that I've missed as many games as I have this season and TBH I'm not missing them at all.

Even i couldnt be arsed go yesturday. me and a couple others decided stop in the pub instead. Home games are woeful lately, no atmosphere, you freeze ur knackers off at half time due to the paddock refreshment area not been sheltered. After freezing my **** off last Saturday at Morecambe, i wasnt going make the same mistake again. Just hope it dont rain next Saturday at Macc.

Exactly the same generally attend around 35 games a season, this season on course for 18-20 and that’s more likely to go down than up based on most i’ve seen.

All attacking players at vale fail under Hasbin.

Worrall runner up in player of year where is he?

Miller?

Whitfield?

Kanu?

Quigley?

Turner?

Angus?

Barnett?

All different but all fail under his negativity as will any January signings?

There were several clubs who would have had a lower gate than us yesterday but they were all playing away or had their game postponed. Yesterdays weather was a big factor plus the pre xmas shopping factor had a big influence. I know several fervant folk that sit around me didn't attend and many of our older supporters would have found the weather too much

What surprised me was that all the younger fans that sit in the Hamill side of the paddock were missing? Don't think any of those seats were occupied. They moan when the paddock is closed so where were they?

keeping heads low after the Stoke events.

Simple fact is fans have zero optimism - for 3 seasons now (at least) when have the club/Chairman/Manager come out and said ‘our aim this season is.....’ the other simple fact, is this, 4 poor seasons in a row... who wants to continue paying for dross to be served up with next to no hope???

What do we have to be cheer about?

Simple fact is fans have zero optimism - for 3 seasons now (at least) when have the club/Chairman/Manager come out and said ‘our aim this season is.....’ the other simple fact, is this, 4 poor seasons in a row... who wants to continue paying for dross to be served up with next to no hope???

What do we have to be cheer about?

Three years ago we were a solid and comfortable Division Three team. I'd happily settle for that now.

There were several clubs who would have had a lower gate than us yesterday but they were all playing away or had their game postponed. Yesterdays weather was a big factor plus the pre xmas shopping factor had a big influence. I know several fervant folk that sit around me didn't attend and many of our older supporters would have found the weather too much.

What surprised me was that all the younger fans that sit in the Hamill side of the paddock were missing? Don't think any of those seats were occupied. They moan when the paddock is closed so where were they?

A lot of that Paddock crowd all turn up or non at all. It depends on the away side. There's no flavour for Cheltenham, Crawley, etc... but play against anyone who brings a few, Shrewsbury, Chesterfield for example, and there's another few hundred.

Our average attendance this season is 4434... that's about where it's been for years when you factor in shocking away crowds.

The Sunderland FA Cup game shows there is still potential amongst our fan base... that was a really positive day for us on and off the pitch.

More rivals would help... I.e. Shrewsbury, Chesterfield, Walsall instead of Forest Green.

instead of Forest Green.

Who are still doing better than us.

Think he means as in teams who will bring a few and have more interest as a localish game with better atmosphere.

to be honest Saturday was low but think a few factors came together, the weather warnings which didn't materialise to the level expected in terms of snow for instance, the actually freezing and wet conditions, the opposition and being pre Xmas with a big Away game up next in terms of away following and then two festive home fixtures I guess this was the one which would be hit for that.

Archived