onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rumour: Port Vale linked with permanent Ben Whitfield move

News Feed

The Sentinel newspaper reports that Port Vale could seal a permanent deal for former loanee Ben Whitfield ahead of the transfer window. Whitfield was offered a new contract by Bournemouth in the summer but hasn’t signed it – making him a free agent. The attacking midfielder was close to joining Vale in the January transfer […]

The post Rumour: Port Vale linked with permanent Ben Whitfield move appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

This will divide the fans. Not sure why he had not signed the Bournemouth contract - is his agent saying he is worth more than what they are offering him, like many agents seem to do, so they get that extra amount.

If he does come to Vale on a permanent deal hope his head is sorted and we see the player that excites the fans and defenders feared when he ran at them. Not the player that seemed uninterested in playing.

He's a decent player but my problem with it is the formation again. We'd have him, Worrall, hannant all of whom I think are definite first team quality but I don't think we can get a formation to hurt anyone.

We need width.

I'd go back to a 442 Clark at left back, put an arm round monty and get him going on the left wing. His strength is running at people. I liked it when we moved him to left back but, really, mainly due to the attacking side, not defensive.

Then sign a right winger on loan with some promise.

Whitfield or a similar type of player is just what Vale needs, it would give us him, Hannant and Worral who can play effectively in the wide berths as well as others. Worral hasn't reached the same level of performances as he did last year, I'm sure it will come as he's a good solid player at this level.

This will divide the fans. Not sure why he had not signed the Bournemouth contract - is his agent saying he is worth more than what they are offering him, like many agents seem to do, so they get that extra amount.

If he does come to Vale on a permanent deal hope his head is sorted and we see the player that excites the fans and defenders feared when he ran at them. Not the player that seemed uninterested in playing.

Hopefully he is more aware of his worth and chances of employment now, and with a wish to progress his career. As I remember he was "released", whatever that may mean for a player of his age, maybe nobody put a bid in for him, as he is now a free agent.

I'm guessing his agent is saying "I'm not worth that amount.."

He really had very little bargaining power with Bournemouth to be making these supposed salary demands, because interest from league two clubs would be nowhere near enough to cover the wages he was on at Bournemouth. He will be taking a massive drop now so it would have beeen completely foolish on his part to be making ridiculous demands on his parent club. I think that’s just made up stuff from people on here with an obsession with agents.

He's a decent player but my problem with it is the formation again. We'd have him, Worrall, hannant all of whom I think are definite first team quality but I don't think we can get a formation to hurt anyone.

I agree. We just can't seem to find the "right" XI playing to our strengths.

A lot of them are much of a muchness and there isn't a lot to pick between them.

With the right players around him Dodds would do ok in the number ten shirt but we can't play Hannant, Kay, Dodds, Oyeleke, Conlon, Joyce, Worrall and Whitfield. Nor Monty if he moves upfield.

I don't know what our best midfield is but we do need more goals and creativity.

It's beginning to look like quantity over quality again.

I agree. We just can't seem to find the "right" XI playing to our strengths.

A lot of them are much of a muchness and there isn't a lot to pick between them.

With the right players around him Dodds would do ok in the number ten shirt but we can't play Hannant, Kay, Dodds, Oyeleke, Conlon, Joyce, Worrall and Whitfield. Nor Monty if he moves upfield.

I don't know what our best midfield is but we do need more goals and creativity.

It's beginning to look like quantity over quality again.

I agree and when that creativity isn’t happening from the midfielders then the burden falls on the 2 full backs. In terms of Dodds I too think he’s a decent link up player, but when you’ve got a midfield that’s more than likely going to be 30 yards behind you what can he do? Someone like Whitfield is a good addition because it adds another dimension to the team, the question then is how does he fit in to whatever system we are supposed to be playing.

Archived