Match Thread Port Vale v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Fosse69

I think Aspins going to start games with 2 central midfielders in Joyce and either Conlon or Oyeleke (when fit). With Kay coming on later if a game needs tightening up.

The dilemna then is who to play up front with Pope? Dodds has had a good preseason I think whereas Miller hasn't played one game yet so probably isn't match fit to be considered to start.

Hannant and Worall are favourites of the manager so they'll start too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us start with these for the first game, purely because of Millers and Oyelekes lack of pre-season games.

Brown

Gibbons

Rawlinson

Smith

Montano

Worrall

Joyce

Conlon

Hannant

Dodds

Pope

Looks a proper League Two side that. I just wish we had a Myrie-Williams type in the squad - Someone that is a bit unpredictable and can create something out of nothing. It would make all the difference in tight games. The closest we have to that is Montano, but in certain games he'll have to defend much more than he can attack in his new role.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks a proper League Two side that. I just wish we had a Myrie-Williams type in the squad - Someone that is a bit unpredictable and can create something out of nothing. It would make all the difference in tight games. The closest we have to that is Montano, but in certain games he'll have to defend much more than he can attack in his new role.

Unless we go 4-4-2

Completely off topic but Chris Shuker is one of the more underrated Vale players of the recent years.

Was often castigated by fans as he was a slight 5"5 CM but we played our best football with him pulling the strings.

Don't mind me.

Correct.

Typically excellent ping into the box for Pope's important equaliser at Chesterfield.

Correct.

Typically excellent ping into the box for Pope's important equaliser at Chesterfield.

Scouse Iniesta. Played for free in admin and delivered the best individual performance I've seen from a Vale player in the opening half hour vs Rotherham (6-2).

Thats me done. Carry on with the thread.

Archived