Fosse69

Match Thread Port Vale v Wolverhampton Wanderers

You can tell them sitting around that fire that its ballox,he has a slight knock

Just typical Port Vale fans trying to cause "mass depression".

I would have thought this rumour surfaced as he's not in the side tonight. Still, not too worried until I see anything concrete as it's only an XI.

Don't really need him to play that much in preseason with us looking at so many different options, we know what he's all about & what he can do.

I would have thought this rumour surfaced as he's not in the side tonight. Still, not too worried until I see anything concrete as it's only an XI.

Don't really need him to play that much in preseason with us looking at so many different options, we know what he's all about & what he can do.

Off the man himself,he has a slight knock as do Worrall and Rawlinson,should be ok for Sat

Also shows what we have to fill his shoes, as almost certain to miss some games during the season.

This is why I was hoping we were going to sign Harry Smith. Could have been a good understudy to Pope and at 6'5, someone to throw on for the last 10 mins of a game we're chasing. Pope could've mentored him too. Hopefully with Quigley being a big lad he can do that?

Hopefully with Quigley being a big lad he can do that?

From what Quigley has shown so far he’s a player who’s got no jump on him and hardly uses his body to put himself about. His hold up play is nowhere that of Popes either.

I'm in sunny (scorching) Cornwall. What's the score?
Jammy git! I love it down there. Do me a favour and have a pint of Proper Job, gorgeous!

BTW I'm not at the match but last I heard it was still 2-2

I think tonight showed again that we are susceptible to a ball over the top with Monty and Legg.

Monty was getting caught in front of his man, but his pace gets him out of trouble. Legg is not as mobile and can be turned with a ball over his head and he again put a tackle in that could have been a red card in a normal game.

I’m still not 100% sold on this new formation. If a team move the ball quickly enough when our attack’s break down we can get exposed down the flanks. We also need to move it quicker when we get the chance when the wing backs are in space.

I think of that starting 11 tonight I can see Gibbons, Monty, Worrall, Joyce, Hannant, Dodds and Conlon (if he signs) starting.

Edited by PV1973

Thought we were really poor tonight. Only one chance created all night. Conlan was the best Vale player by a country mile and we must sign him, and quickly. Absolutely nothing up front, or wide on both sides of the pitch. I'm an optimist but it could be a long season.