onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Buy one get one free crawley and lincoln

darren1810

If you the think the League Cup is bigger than the FA Cup,well?

I never said the FA Cup was bigger than the League Cup, it’s classed as a major trophy though which Luton have won. You claim Coventry and Notts County are bigger than us because they’ve won a major trophy. Does that mean Bury are a bigger club than us?

Advert

Coventry of course I accept are bigger. Notts County are close to our size, yes they reached the top flight but the last time I recall was 91/92. They had many 4th division seasons below us.

They got 17,000 in this season against Crewe. They are also the oldest club in the Football League and former FA Cup winners so they have a good history. But they are definitely a club we should be aiming to compete with even if they are a bit 'bigger'.

They got 17,000 in this season against Crewe. They are also the oldest club in the Football League and former FA Cup winners so they have a good history. But they are definitely a club we should be aiming to compete with even if they are a bit 'bigger'.
17,000 when tickets cost £1. They are slightly bigger than us to be fair, but it's not like it was an ordinary fixture / attendance.

I generally see Notts County as pretty much on a par with us. Similar size, similar gates over the years, similar histories around the bottom divisons (bar their odd foray into the top level).
Larger population but competing with twice European Cup winners, so not a lot of difference.

I never said the FA Cup was bigger than the League Cup, it’s classed as a major trophy though which Luton have won. You claim Coventry and Notts County are bigger than us because they’ve won a major trophy. Does that mean Bury are a bigger club than us?

Bury aren't in League Two.

Ok so the offer seems like its not getting much of a response.

Id have if i worked at the club use a bit of marketing skill like say lorne street is nearly full even though it plainly isnt then the word spreads that this is a fantastic deal which it is .

I mean for a tenner a game for two games i mean come on if your a frustrated husband or wife and you are not getting any sex and you have two teenagers who very rarely go through the door because they have no where go drop them at Vale with 20 quid and say two weekends of a few hrs quality time for me and her indoors etc .

Five pounds a pop yet tomoz on the day it goes up do you will have pay 22 quid for two games instead of 20 if brought before sat .

No buzz and yet folk moan about prices to get in and when the offers there they either thats titsed with the other performances they have seen or have found something else do which is entirely there own choice .

Id love know it a lot of folk have took up this offer as if they aint then you can undestand why prices wont be dropped .

Back the offer ,back the Vale .

Neil Aspins Black and white army .

It doesnt help playing when Tottenham are playing Stoke as they are quality and any neutral would enjoy watching Eriksen Son Kane Dembele Ali doing there magnificence .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I mean for a tenner a game for two games i mean come on if your a frustrated husband or wife and you are not getting any sex and you have two teenagers who very rarely go through the door because they have no where go drop them at Vale with 20 quid and say two weekends of a few hrs quality time for me and her indoors etc .

Love it. Can we make you our new marketing manager?

I never said they were. I asked you if Bury are a bigger club than us because they’ve won two major trophies. Yes or no would have sufficed.

It all depends on how you define bigger.Bigger based on trophies won,bigger based on fan base or bigger based on league status.

For example are Bournemouth bigger than Portsmouth?

Pompey win 2-1 on that basis.

Do we know its not been well taken up? (I have).

I guess the usual walk ups will get a free game (like me!) but will be interesting to see if any more take it up?

I wonder if we have done the following in order to make the offer a success;

Used Facebook ads to target the right profiles

Plugged the offer in The Sentinel

Plugged the offer on this and other websites

Put up posters in shop windows and doorways in Burslem and Tunstall

Been into schools and colleges to promote the deal

As always, I hope we see a bumper gate but I have a feeling that we will see no significant extra numbers on the attendance tomorrow. If so, this will be down yet again to a lack of a thought-through plan and strategy.

I wonder if we have done the following in order to make the offer a success;

Used Facebook ads to target the right profiles

Plugged the offer in The Sentinel

Plugged the offer on this and other websites

Put up posters in shop windows and doorways in Burslem and Tunstall

Been into schools and colleges to promote the deal

As always, I hope we see a bumper gate but I have a feeling that we will see no significant extra numbers on the attendance tomorrow. If so, this will be down yet again to a lack of a thought-through plan and strategy.

Agreed and if the deal doesn't boost the gate significantly then Smurthwaite will say it's not worth doing,completely ignoring the fact that the offer was poorly marketed.

Archived