onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Buy one get one free crawley and lincoln

darren1810

Lets be honest, it might not work but we are trying something. Who are the higher profile clubs we could have tried this against coming up? We have 3 home games left and this is the best we could have done at this point in time. You can't please everyone though. Id be interested to hear what offer you would have put out at this time that would have been better?

I'm hoping we've got four home games left?

Advert

Carlisle high profile? On what basis ? Mid table going nowhere, Lincoln are taking big followings everywhere, took 700 to Morecambe on Saturday and have plenty of 2000 plus. They will bring at least 1000, Carlisle 300 maybe, how does that make Carlisle bigger profile?

Carlisle high profile? On what basis ? Mid table going nowhere, Lincoln are taking big followings everywhere, took 700 to Morecambe on Saturday and have plenty of 2000 plus. They will bring at least 1000, Carlisle 300 maybe, how does that make Carlisle bigger profile?
Basically, these kind of offers work in certain circumstances. You attach a more attractive fixture to a less attractive one. In the absence of an attractive option (for me, last home game of the season is the best we have left), then don't go ahead with that kind of offer.

I've seen the arguments supporting the offer, and I'd hazard a guess that most doing so regularly attend, so they're committed to those 2 matches already. Problem for me is, they're not the people this offer is targetting.

As we've seen time and time again, multiple game offers don't usually work at Vale. Simply based on past experience, by not going with a single match offer, I don't think this will work. We'll see what happens.

Hopefully fingers crossed and a couple of wins later :wink: the Carlisle will be irrelevant, think they planning for the here and now but i agree i can't see it making a huge difference to the attendance.

I stand by what i have always said people will in the main watch winning football. Absolute crunch relegation games attract big crowds but during the course of a season you can throw whatever gimmick you want, people want to watch a winning team.

I guess the business side of things suggests Chesterfield will be a big attendance regardless as it’s bank holiday and crucial and Carlisle could be even bigger with potentially a final EFL match at home for a while (hopefully not) so they would sell well anyway whereas the others are the 2nd and 3rd home games in three consecutive weekends and less likely to have as much riding on it. Hence them two games selected.

Hopefully fingers crossed and a couple of wins later :wink: the Carlisle will be irrelevant, think they planning for the here and now but i agree i can't see it making a huge difference to the attendance.

I stand by what i have always said people will in the main watch winning football. Absolute crunch relegation games attract big crowds but during the course of a season you can throw whatever gimmick you want, people want to watch a winning team.

Spot on .

As a business surely some money is better than no money .

At Vale we have lots of empty seats .

Either knock the ground down and build a smaller one or try and attract people into them seats by introducing things like season ticket holders can bring as many fans as they want along and get them all in for a tenner every game .

One end of the ground should be cheaper than the rest .

That should be called the hard luck story end .

I bet you any money thats the end what would be the fullest .

Warehouse work has replaced working down the pit and pots .

Folk will not pay big money watch averageness at best .

I wish they would because the railway stand where i sit second half attacking towards our home end is generally endless rows of empty seats .

Good job ive got a big gob

UTV

I'm planning on doing but I'm not good at planning ahead and getting stuff like this sorted early.

If usually select the print at home option (well, at work actually) but if I've got to go to the ticket office anyway I might as well collect both.

No such thing as a high profile game in league 2! The biggest club is probably Luton and then us. The rest are mostly small clubs who make little difference.

Think Coventry and Swindon would be described as bigger than us.

No such thing as a high profile game in league 2! The biggest club is probably Luton and then us. The rest are mostly small clubs who make little difference.

I'd argue that both Coventry and Notts County are both bigger clubs having won a major trophy whereas Luton haven't.

Luton have won the League Cup and spent a number of years as a top flight club. We’ve done neither.

I wasn't comparing us with Luton I was stating who I thought was the bigger club in League Two in response to TJHV.Coventry and Notts have also been in the top flight you know.

If you the think the League Cup is bigger than the FA Cup,well?😂

Archived