onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Advert

Don't see Crewe or Morecambe losing and as for the Vale... would love three points but would take 1.

Those 2 losing is probably a lot more likely than us winning, however stranger things have happened. But yeah, agree, I'd take another draw.

45 would require Chesterfield winning 5 of 10 and Barnet 5 of 8 so would need a big upturn in form by them both to require that. 42-43 I think would be enough.

Quite possibly but I'd rather not go into the last game of the season wearing three pairs of knickers for safety reasons.

Who's this Hoskins character? Have we signed Bob. Also, I thought Smith was excellent on Saturday so would be harsh to drop him.
U think he was excellent i thought he was horrendous .

Difference of opinion but i feel that he is the one player stealing a wage at the club as his performance level over this season is a 5 no more .

A 6 last season but for me need to be dropped .

We can carry no passengers now you either climb aboard the Aspin hard work ethic or you rot in the reserves or be shown the door .

I really want all local lads do well but i dont want folk hiding behind im a stoke fan as there are people who watch Vale and Stoke and i dont want people who play for us who do not want to .

Its as simple as tbat Aspo likes him and thats all that matters but if we are to get out of this league in the future then we need better than him .

UTV

U think he was excellent i thought he was horrendous .

Difference of opinion but i feel that he is the one player stealing a wage at the club as his performance level over this season is a 5 no more .

A 6 last season but for me need to be dropped .

We can carry no passengers now you either climb aboard the Aspin hard work ethic or you rot in the reserves or be shown the door .

I really want all local lads do well but i dont want folk hiding behind im a stoke fan as there are people who watch Vale and Stoke and i dont want people who play for us who do not want to .

Its as simple as tbat Aspo likes him and thats all that matters but if we are to get out of this league in the future then we need better than him .

UTV

I know this is off topic but how on earth do you think Smith is the 1 player stealing a wage?!?!? I could name a full starting 11 out of our squad before him, starting with the obvious 2 in the centre of the park.

Pope & Yates aside, I'm pretty sure Smith has been here the longest, had the most appearances & is probably our most consistent performer. Yeah, he's had a fair few bad games (who hasn't this season), but I do honestly believe many think (or thought) he's better than he actually is because he stood out in a terrible relegated team last year, & he is actually just an average/above player. No way is he anywhere near the worst! As for the rating, I'd say half of the squad are barely pushing a 4 so far over this season, so a 5 or 6 wouldn't be so bad.

I agree that we probably will need better than him to get out of this league (in the right direction), but he is far from being anywhere near a top priority to replace.

How smith can be singled out as someone who doesn’t want to play for us and is stealing a wage is beyond me. How longs he been here? Ten years or so I think. If you knew anyone within the academy you’d realise what a dream it is for any of them to get to the first team, irrespective of where they come from or support (trust me it’s a broad spectrum). But it just shows those comments a few weeks ago from VFIA about Smith were not a mistake at all, it was pure vitriol that he meant. For some reason he’s got a real problem with him. VFIA, why don’t you explain why you think he doesn’t want to play for us and is stealing a wage because you’re making yourself look a right **** with a grudge or just an idiot at best.

He’s a consistent performer, wins most of his one on one battles, good in the air, nippy. It’s easy to see why he’s courted interest. Of course he’s made mistakes, who won’t at that age, he’s still learning. His positional sense is something that he needs to improve for one. Ideally he really needs an experienced player alongside him to help him along, instead we’ve had to rely on him as the experienced centre half and in that respect he’s had to mature earlier. It’s a big burden for our young players to step up so early. Sometimes I think some people don’t actually understand how good you have to be to make it in league football.

I don’t pay much notice to many peoples ratings in here because invariably they’re mainly 4 or 5 or non league at best type comments. They always err on the side of not good enough to play for us type scores or comments.

Over 100 goals conceded with him in the team ,i do not dislike im just stating the facts and yes if your local and you are representing your local team who give you a chance id expect better stats than that .

In the two years he as being ever present ive seen us concede soft goal after soft goal and us be relegated and r close to being relegated again .

I see aplayer who play with his head down and negative all the time on the ball .

Yes he wins his aerial duels but hardly being a threat in the opposition box this season has he .

If my nephew who goes Vale with me says he doesnt want play for the club and has being told that why does he then .

When im at the match i encourage him as all the players but in my opinion there is something not quite right about him .

We all have different views on players i do not rate him but hope he gets Vale millions like Sam Morsy should have done i saw a 5 million player in him .

I see a good player in Harness ,Hannant ,Gibbons he started like a house on fire and has faded but he could worth a few bob eventually .

I dislike no Vale player but ive seen so many horrific displays from to many of the players who have worn the shirt but not worn it with pride since Exeter F.A cup exit 2_0 away .

Archived