onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin says there is no excuse for crowd trouble at Grimsby game

News Feed

Port Vale manager Neil Aspin has condemned the crowd trouble which disrupted the game at Grimsby Town. The game was delayed in the closing stages as rival fans clashed. Aspin told the media: “People of my age and my era have lived through the 1980s when football violence was rife. It was a regular occurrence […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

I did expect certain posters to defend, and even celebrate the behaviour yesterday. Don't know if the video works, if not click on the link bit.

'Handbags' and a 'decent atmosphere', apparently. Not saying Vale fans are alone responsible, or even the instigators of a bit of baiting, just a fairly woeful response by the usuals.

I did expect certain posters to defend, and even celebrate the behaviour yesterday. Don't know if the video works, if not click on the link bit.

'Handbags' and a 'decent atmosphere', apparently. Not saying Vale fans are alone responsible, or even the instigators of a bit of baiting, just a fairly woeful response by the usuals.

Then why make if's and buts comments.Someone's idea of showing passion for a club may not necessarily be another's idea of passion for their club but each to their own I say,and there is always a price to be paid.I've heard that Grimsby fan's had been barging their way around the non league scene for a while with their new generation supporters,so maybe it was a raincheck for them.I'm only thankful that only a few fans went up to Grimsby,because god knows what could have happened.

What a goon the bloke doing the video is, right mouth piece. Why is he shouting top of his voice lets get these lot on video, but then swearing like a trooper and being obnoxious himself.

Seems to me he is exactly the sort who wanted to be in the thick of it.

The incident was made worse by the ineptitude of the stewards. How the Vale "fans" were allowed to get through the big gate and confront the Grimsby fans at their gate, I'll never know. I'm not excusing the appalling behaviour of the minority but police would have dealt with the situation far more quickly and efficiently than the stewards yesterday.

What a goon the bloke doing the video is, right mouth piece. Why is he shouting top of his voice lets get these lot on video, but then swearing like a trooper and being obnoxious himself.

Seems to me he is exactly the sort who wanted to be in the thick of it.

There's people literally throwing punches and you're taking issue with a bloke saying some naughty words?

A gathering of like-minded blokes throwing punches? I'm appalled. It's not like it's happened since time began or anything.

It's a race to the bottom with you.

The fact that decent minded folk are appalled by this kind of mindless violence that went out of fashion in the 80's is of little consequence to you.

It also puts people going off from games,not forgetting the cost financially to the club.

Every time that Vale fans are highlighted for being idiots there are always a number of ****** that defend their behaviour, I can only suppose that they are frustrated idiots that haven’t got or have never had the cojones to get involved but for some reason feel the need to associate themselves with aforementioned ******.

Life has moved on from the 80s and there are plenty of other things that are not acceptable now that were common place then, Love thy neighbour, most radio 1 Djs, Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville instantly spring to mind.

If you want to engage in violence because it gives you a thrill and you believe you are hard, join the army and you will very quickly learn just how hard you arnt.

I appreciate that if you are a fat middle aged racist with minimal education and a dead end job this option is not open to you however I would appreciate it if you got your kicks in places other than where I choose to take my family on the few weekends that I am fortunate enough to spend with them.

It's just moronic that some knuckle-draggers still look to make trouble at football stadia - it says nothing good about them in any way! Doesn't prove their loyalty to "their" club and certainly doesn't make them "real men"! Selfish behaviour that completely ignores the effect it may have on children and families. Life bans, please!

Slightly off topic: I've been appalled at West Ham fans trying to excuse their behaviour because "their board has promised them world-class players in a world-class stadium"...this is an absurd sense of self-entitlement! So, your board has overstated things? - grow up! You're in the Premier League, in s new stadium and playing to 50k fans -there's a good few clubs in much worse state than yours - and it isn't that long ago you were lobbing bottles at ManUre's team coach - what was your excuse, then?

We cannot tolerate this kind of behavior. England has for years now done more than any other European country to make sure that football stadiums are safe . Considering how things were in the 70’s and 80’s , with several fans losing their lives to violence , it has been very successful in doing so. Calling this handbags , or making excuses for thugs who attach themselves to any club just doesn’t cut it anymore.

There is no excuse for this whatsoever .

It was handbags stuff, barely worth a mention. It all made for a decent atmosphere for once.

You were condoning hooligans not so long ago. It didn’t make for a decent atmosphere at all, tell that to the women kids and older fans down that bottom end who witnessed it and were ******** themselves. Everyone involved are idiots mate, no right minded person thinks it right or ok or adds to the atmosphere. Put it in to context of another situation, would it be ok to be wandering around Hanley shopping centre with your mrs and kids and suddenly a bunch of these lads started brawling around you? Being at a football match is no excuse for it, what an immature backwards mentality.

Archived