onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

FUA can't add anything of merit to the debate as he lacks the intellectual capacity to do so. I really don't understand why people engage with him when all he offers in response to appropriate questions are stupid comments or cut-and-paste articles that only serve to illustrate how clueless he is. And people wonder why leave voters are labelled as thick.

thus spake the intelligentsia.

Advert

I'm not claiming to be anything like that. I just think that if I were to try and engage in a debate I'd offer up some kind of argument and try to raise what I thought were significant points rather than do what FUA and his cronies always do. It's why I find it pointless engaging in these discussions on here any more.

I'm not claiming to be anything like that. I just think that if I were to try and engage in a debate I'd offer up some kind of argument and try to raise what I thought were significant points rather than do what FUA and his cronies always do. It's why I find it pointless engaging in these discussions on here any more.

You could qualify for a Tory with that attitude,Mr Intelligensia.Just think ,if Oh Jeremy gets in:laugh:you can get a free degree in Knowitallery.

His IQ is probably twice that of anythree in the Labour Party and anyten who support Corbyn,McDonell and Abbott.
No doubt Ghengis Kahn, Stalin and Vlad the Impaler had high IQ's but that's no measure of social consciousness or fair mindedness is it?

Unless you are a wealthy individual of private means and a member of the upper classes Mr. Rees Mogg is your enemy, he is steeped in the values of English 19th century imperialism.

FUA can't add anything of merit to the debate as he lacks the intellectual capacity to do so. I really don't understand why people engage with him when all he offers in response to appropriate questions are stupid comments or cut-and-paste articles that only serve to illustrate how clueless he is. And people wonder why leave voters are labelled as thick.
That's a big label to throw around.... does it then follow that remain voters are just sheep? Afraid to look outside the field they are grazing in and away from the flock they are comfortable with?

There are no right reasons to vote either way, just the reasons you think are correct... but again one man's meat..... etc.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44612117

Here's a good example of how we're protected by EU law.

No doubt Jacob Rees Mogg and friends would prefer she were denied her pension rights, thus saving the state less than the cost of defending a discriminatory law, and, better still, have her burnt at the stake as a witch that 'be in league with Lucifer, changing from man to wench in ways that be unnatural'.

No doubt Ghengis Kahn, Stalin and Vlad the Impaler had high IQ's but that's no measure of social consciousness or fair mindedness is it?

Unless you are a wealthy individual of private means and a member of the upper classes Mr. Rees Mogg is your enemy, he is steeped in the values of English 19th century imperialism.

I quite like moggy, I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he does and that's not as common as some would think of an MP.

Upper class? Yes.

Twit? Yes, sometimes.

Privileged. Yes

I respected Tony Benn for the same qualities, that's not to say they are the same.

I disagree with Moggy in many areas, not because of his privilege, his upbringing, his advantages or his twittness... but simply because I think what he says is wrong.

I quite like moggy, I don't agree with a lot of what he says but he does and that's not as common as some would think of an MP.

Upper class? Yes.

Twit? Yes, sometimes.

Privileged. Yes

I respected Tony Benn for the same qualities, that's not to say they are the same.

I disagree with Moggy in many areas, not because of his privilege, his upbringing, his advantages or his twittness... but simply because I think what he says is wrong.

I'm not against Rees Mogg because of his privileged background, like you it's because of his political views, which, unlike Tony Benn, are in support of maintaining and reinforcing the old fashioned class system of which he is a beneficiary. He's an 'every man for himself' free marketeer and monarchist with religious views less liberal than those of the Pope himself, in other words everything I'm against (and I'm a Catholic!)

Total boll0cks.Why didn’t you add Mao to the list?

I'm not against Rees Mogg because of his privileged background, like you it's because of his political views, which, unlike Tony Benn, are in support of maintaining and reinforcing the old fashioned class system of which he is a beneficiary. He's an 'every man for himself' free marketeer and monarchist with religious views less liberal than those of the Pope himself, in other words everything I'm against (and I'm a Catholic!)

Multi millionaire Tony Benn you mean?

Thanks for posting a sensible piece of supporting evidence / opinion for Brexit. I don't agree with it myself as I think many working class people stand to suffer from Brexit as I've shown many times in this thread but it does show the reasons many of them supported the leave campaign. Personally I believe many people have been misled and made their choice for poor reasons that don't stand up to scrutiny but at least you've offered something other than emotive drivel in support of your position.

Archived