onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

2 hours ago, For Us All said:

How many countries outside the EU give free healthcare and to what standard?

I'm talking about health tourists who aren't covered by an EHIC here.People who fly in,have treatment and leave the Mid Essex NHS Trust with an unpaid bill of £623,000.

Five others left without paying six-figure bill's in 2017/18.

So your 0.3% was just £240 million a year and you are willing to write that off?

Wow,I can now see why you support the Financially Illiterate Party.

Good luck in the election.

No, that’s what you are trying to make it about. Because it’s all you have. The discussion was about how people thought the nhs needing rebuilding. What you suggest wouldn’t do that, it jut gives you a platform to Miami about foreigners as usual. 

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Chickenfeed.

Delays caused by the Remainers trying to stop Brexit are costing the country £800million a week according to the Bank of England.

Don’t you realise how many nurses that chickenfeed could pay for. Oh yes, it wasn’t spent on foreigners so that we can waste that. 
It’s funny that you acknowledge the financial consequences of delaying brexit but don’t seem to acknowledge the same experts who say it will be worse with the Boris deal (and also worst then the terrible may deal). 

20 hours ago, geosname said:

You mean the sort of service the NHS should be providing under it's own steam ?

Yes, but it's not just about money--it's about organisation and management and I'm afraid that over the years we have seen that the more money we throw at the NHS, the more inefficient it has become.  Next time you havea hospital appointment, just count the number of staff just standing around and doing not a lot.  When I took my wife for an out-patient appointment a few weeks ago there were 3 staff chatting away and comparing tattoos and doing sweet FA.  That just doesn't happen in private businesses or hospitals.  I know there are lots of dedicated and in some cases, overworked hospital staff, but again this is just evidence that the money (you & I provide) isn't used in a balanced and targetted manner, with some areas over-staffed with other areas crying out for more!  I'm in no doubt that these comments will now 'open a can of worms' with the usual suspects accusing me of insensitivity, but believe me, I would love the NHS to become more efficient in producing better outcomes for all it's patients whether through private or NHS based provisions.

5 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Yes, but it's not just about money--it's about organisation and management and I'm afraid that over the years we have seen that the more money we throw at the NHS, the more inefficient it has become.  Next time you havea hospital appointment, just count the number of staff just standing around and doing not a lot.  When I took my wife for an out-patient appointment a few weeks ago there were 3 staff chatting away and comparing tattoos and doing sweet FA.  That just doesn't happen in private businesses or hospitals.  I know there are lots of dedicated and in some cases, overworked hospital staff, but again this is just evidence that the money (you & I provide) isn't used in a balanced and targetted manner, with some areas over-staffed with other areas crying out for more!  I'm in no doubt that these comments will now 'open a can of worms' with the usual suspects accusing me of insensitivity, but believe me, I would love the NHS to become more efficient in producing better outcomes for all it's patients whether through private or NHS based provisions.

Where to start. were the 3 staff on a break? Was it a quiet moment between busier times? And to suggest that doesnt happen in business is just nonsense. Maybe it does need to be more efficient, I dont know enough, but this isnt evidence of that. I assume something as big as the NHS will have inefficiencies, but do the benefits and economies of scale outweigh them?

Where to start. were the 3 staff on a break? Was it a quiet moment between busier times? And to suggest that doesnt happen in business is just nonsense. Maybe it does need to be more efficient, I dont know enough, but this isnt evidence of that. I assume something as big as the NHS will have inefficiencies, but do the benefits and economies of scale outweigh them?
I had a similar occurrence a few weeks back only this time it was the Christmas p#$$ up that was on the agenda the consultant had to come out of her room and ask why no one had been sent in for 20 mins.Didnt bother me but the old fella in the wheel chair needed the toilet and was getting stressed out because they were in his words " Sorting the puddings out and how were they going to get home "

A&E are brilliant all over the country what they deal with on a day to day basis is unbelievable its when you go to out patients it seems to fall to pieces not always but in my experience over the last few years I've noticed a lack of professionalism from some staff who in my opinion have forgotten they are there to serve their customers.

15 hours ago, Andyregs said:

No, that’s what you are trying to make it about. Because it’s all you have. The discussion was about how people thought the nhs needing rebuilding. What you suggest wouldn’t do that, it jut gives you a platform to Miami about foreigners as usual. 

Don’t you realise how many nurses that chickenfeed could pay for. Oh yes, it wasn’t spent on foreigners so that we can waste that. 
It’s funny that you acknowledge the financial consequences of delaying brexit but don’t seem to acknowledge the same experts who say it will be worse with the Boris deal (and also worst then the terrible may deal). 

Delaying tactics are not funny at all but this useless parliament seem to thrive on stringing this out.How many weeks now since March 31st?

17 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Delaying tactics are not funny at all but this useless parliament seem to thrive on stringing this out.How many weeks now since March 31st?

The majority of which will be the delay of the Teresa may deal that you didn’t support? Irrelevant to the actual discussion as ever.

2 hours ago, Mario said:
3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

A&E are brilliant all over the country what they deal with on a day to day basis is unbelievable its when you go to out patients it seems to fall to pieces not always but in my experience over the last few years I've noticed a lack of professionalism from some staff who in my opinion have forgotten they are there to serve their customers.

That in a nutshell, is what I was trying to get across--it's this balancing of resources that needs to be looked at in more detail.  $ hour plus waits in A & E are not acceptable, but dawdling out-patient service where there appear to be more than adequate staffing levels is not acceptable either!

Archived