onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

Ruled by another country? That's an odd concept with regard to the EU but I get your meaning. That said, as I've tried to explain before, we live now in a global, uncertain world in which we need all the allies and all the co-operation we can muster. Look at the farce the other day when Hunt was asking the EU for help with shipping because we've only got 20 ships left. We are already reliant on the US as the leader of the free world and their president is the head of NATO. And, as I've pointed out endlessly, we share our sovereignty with NATO countries and decide on joint action to take. What is wrong with that? The same with the UN. Arguing over sovereignty is largely a theoretical debate and in certain circumstances it is clearly better to pool our sovereignty and work with others.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Do you not think we should be in NATO or the UN?

I honestly dont get the leap from the EU to NATO and the UN. 

2 hours ago, ginge said:

Still waiting Regal Beagle.

What do you mean by tangible?

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Even if you have to make it up to do so.

Yeah that was the joke

1 hour ago, ginge said:

That explains it

You've ruined the joke.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

Quoting legal status to the general public is a none event.

People want what they voted for...... sadly what they were offered was like one of the psyc test photos..... you either see a glass... 2 faces.... or both..... so all 3 are the right answer

Never liked those psych test photos Geo, I found them to be somewhat negative - so I once told a University psychologist. He didn't see the humour and said I was a very strange fellow 😎   

14 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

Never liked those psych test photos Geo, I found them to be somewhat negative - so I once told a University psychologist. He didn't see the humour and said I was a very strange fellow 😎   

Only negative in a positive way Barry.....

I had a psychiatrist say the same to me mate..... I couldn't disagree

7 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

I gave up on logic hundreds of pages ago. That's why I started fighting fire with fire and just turning all the lies around and firing them back at remainers. 

The fact you gave up on logic pages ago was obvious Regal hence why my recent replies have mainly been to humor you.  You gave up on logic 'cause all the Brexiteers have is hope, pipe dreams and no evidence whatsoever to back up what they say/post and that's been obvious from Page 1.!!!!!

Inspite of the different views we've managed to remain civil to each other.

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The fact you gave up on logic pages ago was obvious Regal hence why my recent replies have mainly been to humor you.  You gave up on logic 'cause all the Brexiteers have is hope, pipe dreams and no evidence whatsoever to back up what they say/post and that's been obvious from Page 1.!!!!! 

Inspite of the different views we've managed to remain civil to each other.

I'm always civil Paul and I thank you for your civility too! We disagree strongly on this but I think we have other political opinions in common judging by other threads.

Alls I will say in the interest of humour is that at least myself and my brexiter colleagues had any logic to start with.

4 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

Listening to 'President' Boris charismatically calling for unity blah, blah, I sensed an historic nervousness reminding me of similar one hit political 'leaders' i.e. single purpose only.

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for the UK.

Unfortunately we need more than fingers

One reason why the UK joined the EU in the first place was due to the declining UK economy post war linked with the disappearing British Empire. The government of the day realized Britain couldn't compete on it's own so to remain strong and influential it had to form alliances, treaties etc with other countries.

Nothing has changed 50 years later other than the UK is no longer the manufacturing power house it used to be coupled with the rise of low wage manufacturing economies of China and India. The historical  precedent suggests Britain will find it tough on it's own to compete economically.

Archived