Davebrad

Brexit again...

There is so much corruption goes on with MPs and the E.U. is a source for lining their pockets in a lot of cases. No wonder  lot of them want to put a stop to Brexit.

6 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

At least if we leave the E.U. we can have more control where these subsidies do go.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jan/27/revealed-the-mps-and-peers-receiving-millions-in-eu-farm-subsidies-cap

Nobody will get them once we leave the EU. That's what they are, subsidies from the EU to farmers. Why do you think anyone outside the EU would continue to receive them?

Ofcourse they won’t receive E.U. subsidies but the British Government has committed to pay the same figures until the end of this parliament 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/farm-payments-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/farm-payments-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

hopefully more thoughtfully as the E.U. distributes it’s subsidies.

Even the pro remain Guardian is against farming subsidies from the EU

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/10/brexit-leaving-eu-farming-agriculture

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Ofcourse they won’t receive E.U. subsidies but the British Government has committed to pay the same figures until the end of this parliament 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/farm-payments-if-theres-no-brexit-deal/farm-payments-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

hopefully more thoughtfully as the E.U. distributes it’s subsidies.

Even the pro remain Guardian is against farming subsidies from the EU

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/10/brexit-leaving-eu-farming-agriculture

"This" Parliament ended earlier this week. 

Expected to end 2022. I guess it would be up to the next Parliament to decide how to continue. If Labour got in they may increase, decrease or keep the same subsidies.

On 08/11/2019 at 15:51, cheshirevaliant said:

Nobody will get them once we leave the EU. That's what they are, subsidies from the EU to farmers. Why do you think anyone outside the EU would continue to receive them?

Correct. It won't be long before all the farmers many of whom voted to leave will start squealing 

Tesla going to Berlin shows you what a stupid idea Brexit is and how financially damaging it is to us.

Who would any major manufacturer not prefer free access to a market of 500 million people than risk setting up here with such an uncertain future?

Car manufacturing in this country is close to collapse thanks to Brexit. It makes no economic sense at all.

26 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Tesla going to Berlin shows you what a stupid idea Brexit is and how financially damaging it is to us.

Who would any major manufacturer not prefer free access to a market of 500 million people than risk setting up here with such an uncertain future?

Car manufacturing in this country is close to collapse thanks to Brexit. It makes no economic sense at all.

Brexit uncertainty*

43 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Correct. It won't be long before all the farmers many of whom voted to leave will start squealing 

Why do you think those farmers voted to leave tommy?

On 09/07/2018 at 17:12, For Us All said:

BJ and DD have obviously come to the conclusion that TM's Brexit deal is not what they or majority of voters wanted.

Good on them for realising that she is not up to the job.

Get Jacob in,at least he's on the side of the Brexiteers.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Uncertainty created by our parliament remainers.

So they should have passed the may deal that you didn’t support as seen above?
Over a year and you still can’t say what deal you support. 

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

So they should have passed the may deal that you didn’t support as seen above?
Over a year and you still can’t say what deal you support. 

No,don't jump to conclusions.

If you read my comments on page 635 you should be able to figure it out.

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Berlin will be the site of Tesla's first major European factory.  Musk cited "Risks surrounding the UK's exit from the EU.....".

Sign of things to come for UK manufacturing in general?

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50400068

Don’t blame them. Germany would be most manufacturers choice to build a car in Europe, far better equipped than the U.K. but as you say Brexit uncertainty does not help and I am sure this had to be taken in to consideration, another reason why it needs to be sorted out ASAP. 

Pretty well your only concern is the currency rate because it directly effects you. Did you notice the rate go up when it looked like there was a chance Boris’s deal might go through?

56 minutes ago, For Us All said:

No,don't jump to conclusions.

If you read my comments on page 635 you should be able to figure it out.

I didn’t. I directly quoted you criticising mays deal and also directly quoted you criticising mps for not passing it. 

Still 3 years on nobody has actually given any evidence to how leaving the EU is going to make our everyday lives better. Bonkers.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Don’t blame them. Germany would be most manufacturers choice to build a car in Europe, far better equipped than the U.K. but as you say Brexit uncertainty does not help and I am sure this had to be taken in to consideration, another reason why it needs to be sorted out ASAP. 

Pretty well your only concern is the currency rate because it directly effects you. Did you notice the rate go up when it looked like there was a chance Boris’s deal might go through?

Fair comment that Germany would be most manufacturers' choice but being an electric car could have been a tad less of a cert.  My concern is this type of thing will be the norm with all types of manufacturing industries.

Yeh I did.  I bet currency traders are making a mint from the pound/$ at the moment.

7 hours ago, For Us All said:

Uncertainty created by our parliament remainers.

FUA, IMHO The uncertainty was created the day the 1st referendum was announced and will continue 'til the UK somehow has free trade market access with the EU.

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

FUA, IMHO The uncertainty was created the day the 1st referendum was announced and will continue 'til the UK somehow has free trade market access with the EU.

Brexit is not just for Xmas, it will be for a long time