onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The following headline is ironic, "Iran tanker seizure: Hunt seeks European help on Gulf shipping". When will Brexiteers realize that Britannia does not rule the waves anymore, in terms of ships,  trade of anything and hasn't done for a very long time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49076294

Yeah I agree, come on brexiters lets stop bleating on about ruling the strait of hormuz and naval dominance. It's all you've been banging on about.

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

The following headline is ironic, "Iran tanker seizure: Hunt seeks European help on Gulf shipping". When will Brexiteers realize that Britannia does not rule the waves anymore, in terms of ships,  trade of anything and hasn't done for a very long time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49076294

They don't live in the real world.

Anything that doesn't tally with their warped view of the world is cast aside as fake news or project fear or simply untrue. Brexiteeers are always right and everyone else is always wrong. Don't you understand that, Paul? Facts and reality don't exist in their parallel universe where GB still rules the world and can easily go it alone. 

1 minute ago, TheSage said:

Anything that doesn't tally with their warped view of the world is cast aside as fake news or project fear or simply untrue. Brexiteeers are always right and everyone else is always wrong. Don't you understand that, Paul? Facts and reality don't exist in their parallel universe where GB still rules the world and can easily go it alone. 

Have been revealing those points from the Brexiteers for a while now Sage....cloud cookoo land comes to mind.

Typified by Regal's reply to my post above, just barking, he doesn't have a coherent, logical reply.

8 hours ago, TheSage said:

That's because of all the lies that remainers keep repeating. I dont think many of them are intentional either, they're just brainwashed into believing these doomsday predictions without any evidence at all. 

This whole rule Britannia empire stuff....along with blue passports...you will never hear a brexiter talking about them. It's all been trumped by remainers and latched onto like above.

In summary...no one is talking about ruling the world. We just dont want to be ruled by another country. Why is that so difficult for you to accept? 

8 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Have been revealing those points from the Brexiteers for a while now Sage....cloud cookoo land comes to mind.

Typified by Regal's reply to my post above, just barking, he doesn't have a coherent, logical reply.

I gave up on logic hundreds of pages ago. That's why I started fighting fire with fire and just turning all the lies around and firing them back at remainers. 

25 minutes ago, Aussie Rules said:

I keep reading the Referendum isn't legally binding but the way I see it, even if it had been legally binding we would still be in the same current pickle consequence of a shambled body politic. 

Quoting legal status to the general public is a none event.

People want what they voted for...... sadly what they were offered was like one of the psyc test photos..... you either see a glass... 2 faces.... or both..... so all 3 are the right answer

1 hour ago, Regal Beagle said:

In summary...no one is talking about ruling the world. We just dont want to be ruled by another country. Why is that so difficult for you to accept? 

Ruled by another country? That's an odd concept with regard to the EU but I get your meaning. That said, as I've tried to explain before, we live now in a global, uncertain world in which we need all the allies and all the co-operation we can muster. Look at the farce the other day when Hunt was asking the EU for help with shipping because we've only got 20 ships left. We are already reliant on the US as the leader of the free world and their president is the head of NATO. And, as I've pointed out endlessly, we share our sovereignty with NATO countries and decide on joint action to take. What is wrong with that? The same with the UN. Arguing over sovereignty is largely a theoretical debate and in certain circumstances it is clearly better to pool our sovereignty and work with others.

Why is that so difficult for you to understand? Do you not think we should be in NATO or the UN?

18 hours ago, ginge said:

Now the other thread has been closed c'mon Regal Beagle you've had all afternoon to think, give me one single tangible benefit that leaving will have on mine or yours or any other everyday persons life (presuming that is you aren't an elite tax avoiding charlatan). 

Still waiting Regal Beagle.

2 hours ago, Aussie Rules said:

I keep reading the Referendum isn't legally binding but the way I see it, even if it had been legally binding we would still be in the same current pickle consequence of a shambled body politic. 

Completely different, a mandatory referendum would have had thresholds instead of a simple majority. At least 60% of the vote or 50% of the electorate would have been required to leave. Cameron would have carried on as PM, no May probably a leisurely handover to mate Osbourne, instead we get another Old Etonian now, and the shambles continues.

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

That's because of all the lies that remainers keep repeating. I dont think many of them are intentional either, they're just brainwashed into believing these doomsday predictions without any evidence at all. 

This whole rule Britannia empire stuff....along with blue passports...you will never hear a brexiter talking about them. It's all been trumped by remainers and latched onto like above.

These EU lovers must like being told what to do?

Archived