onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Just catching up on QT, I don't think I've ever seen such a poor performance by an MP as Anna Soubry. Literally says something then contradicts herself in the next line over and over again.

Lucky for Amber Rudd too because she's not far behind.

Farage just exposed the BBC bias once again on the Marr show.

Advert

I've not once "invented racism". Just because you consistently deny that something (Donald Trump, Nigel Farage, equating immigration with crime) is racist, it doesn't mean that it's not racist.

You don't use the dictionary definition of racism. You stated that 'gammon' was a racist term. As it is used on here, generally, by white people to describe white people, it can not be a racist term. So you are the one with your "own invented broadened and vague definition."

Me stating that the 'racism problem' in the Labour party has been exaggerated by those with a grudge against the party, particularly under Corbyn, has got nothing in similar to the way you operate. I have admitted that Labour has a problem with anti-semitism, as does society at large. I have neither defended that racism nor denied it. I believe that the figures (that I do not dispute) of anti-semitism in the party, whilst obviously troubling, still equates to a tiny percentage of the party members and so stating that the party is "riddled with anti-semitism" is a lie. 40% of anti-semitic statements laid at Labour's door weren't even by party members. I condemn and always will condemn instances of racism, either from Labour members or elsewhere, whereas you do the opposite. I also note the no doubt heartfelt and sincere concern that you and your cronies (Howjy, FUA et al - fancy picking up those lot on their 'off-topic' comments?) meet examples of anti-semitism yet strangely you all go very quiet regarding the Muslimophobia in the Conservative party.

When Carl, a user banned from here previously for racist posts, equated immigration with crime, you couldn't wait to defend him. That says all that I need to know about you and your politics.

Total garbage from start to finish.

1. I agree that my denial that something isn't racist doesn't make it not racist. But surely you agree that on the other hand just because you say it is racism, doesn't make it racism? I know you have double standards and a really poor record when it comes to this stuff but again, you seem to have the correct logic but are simply not able to apply it to yourself?

2. I said Gammon has been described as a racist term which is 100% factual and I've evidenced that with media articles doing exactly that.

If a black person says the N word does that mean that the N word is not a racist term? It can be used in a non racist way (depending on context) but it's still a racist term?

3. Double standards regarding the labour party. Like I've pointed out, it's ok for you to defend your side. If I do the same you are the first one calling me a racist. Thanks for doing exactly what I've accused you of doing again for everyone to see.

4. Equating immigration to crime isn't necessarily racist as YOU have already pointed out. In that post the poster had explicitly said he is not racist. I don't know who the poster is and I didn't see whatever "carl" was banned for. That's not an example of me "Defending" racism at all. It is an example of you inventing racism to shoot people down.

Get off your high horse. You betray your own virtue signalling with your appalling bigoted posts and your inability to debate people without attacking innocent people.

Judge me all you want, but i reserve the right to call out your ridiculously blatant hypocrisy as I've done a few times now in this thread :laugh:

The oddity of left leaning politics is that they encourage people to do well, fill the universities and when you get where they tell you you could be they want to take it all off you and give it to people who couldn't do if for themselves.

Total garbage from start to finish.

1. I agree that my denial that something isn't racist doesn't make it not racist. But surely you agree that on the other hand just because you say it is racism, doesn't make it racism? I know you have double standards and a really poor record when it comes to this stuff but again, you seem to have the correct logic but are simply not able to apply it to yourself?

2. I said Gammon has been described as a racist term which is 100% factual and I've evidenced that with media articles doing exactly that.

If a black person says the N word does that mean that the N word is not a racist term? It can be used in a non racist way (depending on context) but it's still a racist term?

3. Double standards regarding the labour party. Like I've pointed out, it's ok for you to defend your side. If I do the same you are the first one calling me a racist. Thanks for doing exactly what I've accused you of doing again for everyone to see.

4. Equating immigration to crime isn't necessarily racist as YOU have already pointed out. In that post the poster had explicitly said he is not racist. I don't know who the poster is and I didn't see whatever "carl" was banned for. That's not an example of me "Defending" racism at all. It is an example of you inventing racism to shoot people down.

Get off your high horse. You betray your own virtue signalling with your appalling bigoted posts and your inability to debate people without attacking innocent people.

Judge me all you want, but i reserve the right to call out your ridiculously blatant hypocrisy as I've done a few times now in this thread :laugh:

I've just got half way through yet another lengthy response to one of your tedious posts and, you know what, I can't be bothered. I think you are an arse, you presumably think I'm one. I think you're full of ****, I imagine you feel the same way about me seeing as you state my previous comment is "total garbage from start to finish". You think I'm on my high horse, I think it probably looks like that from your vantage point in the gutter. It's pointless engaging with you as I'm not going to change your mind about anything and you're certainly not going to change mine. It's Sunday night, the baby's asleep and I'm going to have a glass of wine with my wife.

I've just got half way through yet another lengthy response to one of your tedious posts and, you know what, I can't be bothered. I think you are an arse, you presumably think I'm one. I think you're full of ****, I imagine you feel the same way about me seeing as you state my previous comment is "total garbage from start to finish". You think I'm on my high horse, I think it probably looks like that from your vantage point in the gutter. It's pointless engaging with you as I'm not going to change your mind about anything and you're certainly not going to change mine. It's Sunday night, the baby's asleep and I'm going to have a glass of wine with my wife.

I didn't expect you to suddenly start engaging with the debate, it's not your M.O.

Please note that the worst I've called you is a hypocrite and a bigot and I'm confident that I have evidenced both of those things within the last few pages.

You have called me names and accused me of holding heinous opinions. I honestly find that tactic to be disgusting considering there has been zero provocation other than me and you disagreeing politically, and there has been zero reciprocation, other than me pointing out that you have lost by your own rules.

I might be in the gutter but you haven't managed to drag me down to the sewers yet.

Racism is purely in context, how a term of derogatory abuse used over centuries can be compared to a here today gone tomorrow political adjective is beyond me.

You've completely misunderstood my post if that's what you are taking away from it.

And I'm sorry but I just believe that all forms of racism is bad and that people shouldn't use insults which are based on ANY skin colour or beliefs, for example.

It's not very far right of me I know but I can't help feeling this way.

You've completely misunderstood my post if that's what you are taking away from it.

And I'm sorry but I just believe that all forms of racism is bad and that people shouldn't use insults which are based on ANY skin colour or beliefs, for example.

It's not very far right of me I know but I can't help feeling this way.

Manchester City and Port Vale are both football teams but not comparable.

I didn't expect you to suddenly start engaging with the debate, it's not your M.O.

Please note that the worst I've called you is a hypocrite and a bigot and I'm confident that I have evidenced both of those things within the last few pages.

You have called me names and accused me of holding heinous opinions. I honestly find that tactic to be disgusting considering there has been zero provocation other than me and you disagreeing politically, and there has been zero reciprocation, other than me pointing out that you have lost by your own rules.

I might be in the gutter but you haven't managed to drag me down to the sewers yet.

My last word on the matter. I've consistently engaged with you to the point where I am (along with many others on this thread) exasperated by your refusal to acknowledge or engage with the debate. On a few occasions now, rather than engage, you dismiss posts as garbage or rubbish. That's up to you but I'm not wasting my time by interacting with you. No-one's getting anywhere. I feel you are wrong, you believe I am. You may believe that you have proved that I'm a hypocrite and a bigot but I see zero evidence of this. I don't really know what you mean by me having "lost by my own rules" although it would be fair to point out that you are not the one who decides who is right and wrong, or who has 'won' an argument. Please just leave it now. I don't want to get trapped in this endless cycle of trying to argue each other's posts, it's boring and no-one gets anything from it.

You'll have to give me the list of which racist words are more acceptable than others then just in case I want to go all lefty in the future.

As I said context is decisive, racism is not acceptable, and incurs legal sanctions. There is plenty of advice on the internet.

Since the can of worms was opened by the peoples vote it is only right that they put them back, either into the old can with a lick of paint, or into a new can which may be smaller, larger, or full of holes. Has parliament got the guts to make the decision since they are not likely to agree to an election.

Manchester City and Port Vale are both football teams but not comparable.

In many/most ways, 11 players, they both wear a strip, they play football, a goalie each...admittedly their players earn more, and fancier football...

Archived