onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

I mentioned this previously but was ignored.

Farage was asked last night to name a country that trades only on WT0 rules and isn't in a block with other trading nations for support and clout but he could not mention one. He hadn't got a clue. And he knows it isn't workable.

The escalating trade war between America and China is another compelling reason for our membership.

A tiny fish in a huge ocean of sharks is not the way to go.

I mentioned this previously but was ignored.

Farage was asked last night to name a country that trades only on WT0 rules and isn't in a block with other trading nations for support and clout but he could not mention one. He hadn't got a clue. And he knows it isn't workable.

The escalating trade war between America and China is another compelling reason for our membership.

A tiny fish in a huge ocean of sharks is not the way to go.

So how do you do it and keep 17.5 million people on side mate?

So how do you do it and keep 17.5 million people on side mate?

17.5 million people? What about the other 43million who risk losing a lot because of clowns like Farage. No other country trades on just WTO terms as it’s a stupid thing to do. Farage is a liar and funded by Americans

17.5 million people? What about the other 43million who risk losing a lot because of clowns like Farage. No other country trades on just WTO terms as it’s a stupid thing to do. Farage is a liar and funded by Americans

17.410,742 million voted leave, and 16,141,241 million voted to stay, a total of 33,551,983, turnout was 72% the highest in years, and those registered to vote was 43 million, a lot of numbers I know, so why didn't the 9,448,017 vote if has you say they risk losing a lot, apathy or to idle too get off there arses?

Approx. 64% of voters were 18-24, but the telling vote was the 90% of 65+, could it be that these 65+ voters remembered how we were a stable country with a reasonable immigration policy pre 1973, but with eu immigration policies and refuges we are now swamped... that was one of the main concerns, I suppose you could say its our own fault, because if a man risks his family crossing the Med, trekking across Europe, suffering the Calais camps, risking a channel crossing, to get here... could that be that we don't appreciate what we have got!

Most trading countries are in trading blocks, grouped nearby to reduce costs, both on economic and transport grounds. Why do we have to be different and change from being part of Europe and expect to have a similar arrangement across the Atlantic with a country that puts itself first instead of being part of a community. We can argue our case in the EU as we have done in the past, but as a puppet of the US no chance.

17.410,742 million voted leave, and 16,141,241 million voted to stay, a total of 33,551,983, turnout was 72% the highest in years, and those registered to vote was 43 million, a lot of numbers I know, so why didn't the 9,448,017 vote if has you say they risk losing a lot, apathy or to idle too get off there arses?

Approx. 64% of voters were 18-24, but the telling vote was the 90% of 65+, could it be that these 65+ voters remembered how we were a stable country with a reasonable immigration policy pre 1973, but with eu immigration policies and refuges we are now swamped... that was one of the main concerns, I suppose you could say its our own fault, because if a man risks his family crossing the Med, trekking across Europe, suffering the Calais camps, risking a channel crossing, to get here... could that be that we don't appreciate what we have got!

The figures are out of date, 1.6 million have died of the 65+, 2 million more are old enough to vote, some people know more about Brexit, not including Farage. Immigration is no longer a priority as the pros and cons are better known, as are the control methods. We cannot stand still, a new vote is required as the population is more aware.

The figures are out of date, 1.6 million have died of the 65+, 2 million more are old enough to vote, some people know more about Brexit, not including Farage. Immigration is no longer a priority as the pros and cons are better known, as are the control methods. We cannot stand still, a new vote is required as the population is more aware.

the figs I gave were the results at the referendum, I still think immigration is the greater concern of the over 65's that voted, and yes concerns are better known now because of the interest shown which politicians wanted but are now rueing... As regards Nigel you love him or hate him, but give him his due he has not veered from his politics, and people are still behind him and his Brexit party for the mep elections 29%, labour 25%, tories 14%, this from the poll of polls 9/5/19.

I firmly believe in democracy, although a referendum is not binding, the electorate were told we will implement the result whatever it is... and that is why the large turnout, if we did have another and it was the same what then?having set the precedent this could go on and on.

And on a lighter note its shocked the eu, that's why they've been so difficult, and now other countries are seeing that what Brussels decrees is not set in stone...

the figs I gave were the results at the referendum, I still think immigration is the greater concern of the over 65's that voted, and yes concerns are better known now because of the interest shown which politicians wanted but are now rueing... As regards Nigel you love him or hate him, but give him his due he has not veered from his politics, and people are still behind him and his Brexit party for the mep elections 29%, labour 25%, tories 14%, this from the poll of polls 9/5/19.

I firmly believe in democracy, although a referendum is not binding, the electorate were told we will implement the result whatever it is... and that is why the large turnout, if we did have another and it was the same what then?having set the precedent this could go on and on.

And on a lighter note its shocked the eu, that's why they've been so difficult, and now other countries are seeing that what Brussels decrees is not set in stone...

Why is immigration the greatest concern for the over 65s? It should be because restricting it would seriously restrict the numbers of people wanting to work at hospitals and care homes, which if they don't need at the moment they will in time.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

So if someone has a different opinion they are a clown?...... very healing statement.

The question I posed was how do you stay in something the majority of voters want to leave and mend the division?

All the politicians lied, both campaigns were crap, both parties stated they would honour the decision but havent, promises were made and broken..... etc.

Instead of blaming farage who was only one spoke in the wheel how do you mend the divide?...... do you think it will just go away?...... if the 16 million get what they voted for what happens to the 17 million who don't?...... what happens to politicians?..... the system?..... democracy as we know it?...... should we 're run any election if a number of people don't like the result?..... the precedent will be set.

That's a continuous argument mate....... in a couple of years it will change again and so on........ are you proposing a perpetual referendum?....... or is it a once in a lifetime decision for the second time...... or until we get it right.

Once you open that door it won't close again.

Why is immigration the greatest concern for the over 65s? It should be because restricting it would seriously restrict the numbers of people wanting to work at hospitals and care homes, which if they don't need at the moment they will in time.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind.

its not the hospital staff and care workers who we should have here on a occupation need list, its the criminals from the east European states, and those without needed trades... Australia, Canada, USA, all have a pointes/sponsor schemes. Its got to be the way, if not anyone can come in, no job, no trade, so goes straight on benefits, is family come because of human rights and more benefits are available, this is what people, aged if you want voted against...

I was talking to one of the foreign stewards up the Vale awhile back from Syria he had come illegally but was in the process of going legal, he was a automotive diagnosistic mechanic, a job waiting, his wife had a teachers job, 2 children both at school,and they both spoke English. Now he and his family I would welcome they had something to offer our country...

That's a continuous argument mate....... in a couple of years it will change again and so on........ are you proposing a perpetual referendum?....... or is it a once in a lifetime decision for the second time...... or until we get it right.

Once you open that door it won't close again.

Not a continuous argument mate, referendums are rare events in this country, banned in Germany. Unless a very simple question the implementation doesn't fit in to a representative democracy. A narrow majority on an ill defined project managed by a government with a small majority was difficult to sort out. Instead we ended up with a hung parliament and 2 parties with different opinions on what Brexit was about. A parliament with guts would have assessed the situation having obtained a deal off the EU, and decided the result was against the peoples interests, rejected the democratic advice and declared that Brexit was not viable and the UK should stay in the EU. An election could then be held to determine the future of the nation, and whether referendums should be banned.

The biggest con of the lot, how can a referendum not be binding but will be implemented irrespective of the result. If you want it binding you make it mandatory, however it would than need a threshold as the Scottish referendum have. It would also be legal and spending would be more strictly controlled and subject to justice. The shock if any to the EU would have been the lack of a threshold.

Not a continuous argument mate, referendums are rare events in this country, banned in Germany. Unless a very simple question the implementation doesn't fit in to a representative democracy. A narrow majority on an ill defined project managed by a government with a small majority was difficult to sort out. Instead we ended up with a hung parliament and 2 parties with different opinions on what Brexit was about. A parliament with guts would have assessed the situation having obtained a deal off the EU, and decided the result was against the peoples interests, rejected the democratic advice and declared that Brexit was not viable and the UK should stay in the EU. An election could then be held to determine the future of the nation, and whether referendums should be banned.

Referendum are not common but they have occurred and used.... ie voting in and Scots Indy referendum..... we don't have 2 parties with different opinions we have 30 million people with different opinions...... the only opinion the politicos have is how to save face and their position.

You seem convinced a 2nd referendum would bring matters to a close..... I doubt it would even if remain were to win..... I'm not convinced they would.

The lid is off this jar of worms mate...... the politicians can't get them back in now without a backlash of sizeable proportions...... I doubt Labour will come down on either side until after the EU elections and I doubt it matters which side the Tories fall.

The question should not have been asked but it was...... the referendum should not have happened but it did..... the promises should not have been made but they were.... article 50 should not have been triggered but it was..... all these, and more, worms are loose..... I can't see any way to simply forget them or any party saying.... "you voted the wrong way we have decided the right way, you were wrong because we say so" ....... political suicide?...... death of democracy?..... who knows?

Then there is the frightening possibility that another referendum would produce the same result.... leave.... then what?

Archived