onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

The little list I supplied is pertinent. Wages are kept low by masses of unlimited migration and oversupply of labour. Anyone whom has worked in local logistics industry will know that companies specifically like to keep wages as low as possible. The minimum wage is set by the government but that's exactly what it is-a minimum and no employer whatever industry can pay below it. Many employers choose to pay a few pence above it because they can get away with it and refuse to pay a proper living wage.

But you just contradicted your own argument and I've highlighted it for you-sometimes you just have to let people hang themselves:laugh:

Well I'm all ears.

Just local logistics industries? It's almost any industry that has low-skilled workers on the lowest wage. The shop floor at Steelite or Dudson get min wage. That's always been the case. Certainly has been in my working-age. Name me any well paid job where you don't need any qualifications and walk right into it? That's got nothing to do with immigrants. What does happen though, a shortage of staff occurs as people don't want that work and immigrants take advantage of it. This does help keep wages down, but that's only because the government think they can get away with not increasing the minimum wage. It's the UK Govt responsibility to make sure it's citizens get a proper living wage, not the EU's. Bentley, JLR, JCB - all pay a decent wage to their shop floor workers in comparison. It's industry dependant most of the time on wages. UK is 80% serviced based and nowadays what would of been well paid jobs in an office 10/15 years ago is a £18k jobby now.

Other Brexiteers recently on here were hailing how the UK has record low employment of 3.1%, so that contradicts your argument there is oversupply straight away.

How did I contradict myself? I'm missing something there. Can you or anyone explain for me how?

Advert

Well I'm all ears.

Just local logistics industries? It's almost any industry that has low-skilled workers on the lowest wage. The shop floor at Steelite or Dudson get min wage. That's always been the case. Certainly has been in my working-age. Name me any well paid job where you don't need any qualifications and walk right into it? That's got nothing to do with immigrants. What does happen though, a shortage of staff occurs as people don't want that work and immigrants take advantage of it. This does help keep wages down, but that's only because the government think they can get away with not increasing the minimum wage. It's the UK Govt responsibility to make sure it's citizens get a proper living wage, not the EU's. Bentley, JLR, JCB - all pay a decent wage to their shop floor workers in comparison. It's industry dependant most of the time on wages. UK is 80% serviced based and nowadays what would of been well paid jobs in an office 10/15 years ago is a £18k jobby now.

Other Brexiteers recently on here were hailing how the UK has record low employment of 3.1%, so that contradicts your argument there is oversupply straight away.

How did I contradict myself? I'm missing something there. Can you or anyone explain for me how?

Join the police, sign up for the army, or drive a train which apparently pays around £70k per year.

Name me any well paid job where you don't need any qualifications and walk right into it?

City traders. Reported career path, Public School, a Blue at Oxbridge whist doing a degree in Land Registry, get a 3rd, job in the city making millions. Probably changed a little these days but I am cynical about these types.

So we've amassed being an old bill, firefighter, army, oil rig worker, footballer, popstar, actor or city trader.

I think I'll stand by my point the main choice in life for people around my age with no qualifications. With austerity getting a job in the police is massively difficult and competitive aswell as being a fireman. Lads and women in the armed forces are well underpaid and it's shows through our numbers. Lets be honest aswell, average wage of a starting soldier is about 15k. Police officer 20k. Fireman are the only decent earners amidst that lot there. Like I said tho, it's a proper unrealistic suggestion to the general masses out there.

Offshore oil worker, fair enough - but not going accommodate 100's of 1000's jobs is it for normal everyday people. Besides that, not many people can hack that kind of job.

Footballer 😂 'recording artist' (get you) and actor haha

Great suggestions sort out the issues of jobs being supposedly being taken by foriegners.

Paul, I'll look into that and make an informed reply.

So we've amassed being an old bill, firefighter, army, oil rig worker, footballer, popstar, actor or city trader.

Paul, I'll look into that and make an informed reply.

It's a little tongue in cheek TVF but it used to be the joke/rumor in the 70/80's, the Oxbridge education got the connections/network to get into the city of London Merchant Banks.

Nick Leeson the guy who bankrupted Barings Bank in the 90's started at the bank straight from school as a clerk and rose to become Chief Trader or something or other despite having no formal financial training. I realize many people receive on the job training and make a success of a career without having formal training but these are incredibly high earners touted as being the brightest and best but it doesn't add up to me.

There was also a study(ies) where stocks picked at random by a computer produced higher returns than stocks chosen by traditional methods by city traders, so perhaps formal financial training is not necessary or could be detrimental!!

Apols for being widely off topic.

I wouldn't say that. As I said, a load of no marks all turned up on the scene spouting drivel. My point was if the Govt (who we elect to deal with this kind of stuff) had a plan then maybe things would have been more clear.

What is utter tripe? I know you don't believe what I say about things is correct, but you've not been able to prove anything I'm saying isn't right in regards to its negative effects on economy. Your mate Jimbo's making shout's about Santander and you're lapping it up without even reading the article yourself, you can literally see its wrong but your saying I'm talking rubbish.

People did that during the referendum. Didn't you watch the campaigns going on? :laugh:

People just listened to whatever politician they liked. Like Arron Banks said, dont bring facts to a culture war. Farage got lapped up saying stop immigrants and no other reason. You say we can't control immigration, but it's been explained how we can. Soveriegnty - still waiting to hear a law we can or can't make or you want to change from you. Money - we get 100's of billions in free trade access for £9bn, Independence - how can an low-manufacturing importing nation be 100% independent? India have already said a trade deal with them means free movement. We might not have the same powers to send back home if they don't contribute in 3 months (we just don't do that) like we can with EU nationals.

So you basically accept false information is part of a democracy in your last sentence. That's good logic. :laugh:

The Government isn't elected for starters.

I know democracy isn't very high up on your priorities but that's a simple one that I cannot get past.

I'll make one exception for your last line though - I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

My "logic" is actually a fact. Unless you are claiming that false information does not exist and therefore why the **** do you keep banging on about it?

Hey, look at that, I've managed a post without a single smiley.

The Government isn't elected for starters.

I know democracy isn't very high up on your priorities but that's a simple one that I cannot get past.

I'll make one exception for your last line though - I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

My "logic" is actually a fact. Unless you are claiming that false information does not exist and therefore why the **** do you keep banging on about it?

Hey, look at that, I've managed a post without a single smiley.

Which government are you talking about?

Archived