onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Simple majorities always cause splits, whereas a 2 to 1 majority is more clear cut, obviously with fewer losers. Pity Cameron didn't think, but then it was only an advisory referendum for parliament to decide upon when the detailed options were known, in the unlikely event of a vote to leave.

Advert

Lets face it, brexit has fairly had a fair chance yet has it?

I agree with you on that. Brexit has never got going, because no one knew how to do it.

When the Brexit vote was initiated by Cameron, they did it without having a plan in place. A common known saying, something Howjy preached earlier in this thread "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail".

If at that point there was any plan for Brexit, it could have been presented to the public. Instead, we have had loads of different MP's (half who are a bunch of no marks until Brexit happened) piping up saying all different things. "We can do" "We could do" this and that. There are that many suggestions from so many different people its never ending.

The vote should have been based on a pre-made plan, pre-made analysis, pre-made promises that are realistic - told the public the intentions and what everything means. 'Leaving means this and this is the plan(s)/options. Remaining means this and this is the options'. Why couldn't the govt print the financial numbers such as what we pay in, what we get out. How many immigrants from EU access are here, against those entering through non-EU systems. We can trade with X countries, and not these countries. I think you get the point.

If a proper Brexit plan had been there from the beginning and explained to us what the Govt thinks might happen, I would be able to accept it more. At least I would understand why they are doing it and how, there would be a lot more clarity.

Brexit would then be something people cannot deny and it would have legs, direction and a plan in place to go to the negotiating table with the backing of the public. As it is, we never had a plan in place and now she's on about extending transition to 2021. Even I'm a remainer (can you tell? :razz:) but I think it's gone on long enough so if we're leaving then get out. If another referendum then I'll vote and hope remain wins.

It's scandalous to think a decision like this has no agreed plan in place before it happened! Brexiteers have had decades to come up with better alternatives and we end up in this mess!

Simple majorities always cause splits, whereas a 2 to 1 majority is more clear cut, obviously with fewer losers. Pity Cameron didn't think, but then it was only an advisory referendum for parliament to decide upon when the detailed options were known, in the unlikely event of a vote to leave.

It would never have worked Fosse. Even given the same slim margin as actually happened, the knuckle draggers would be out in force demanding vote after vote until they got the result they wanted. It's a bit like the Scottish independence referendum - the SNP won't be satisfied until they get a yes vote.

It would never have worked Fosse. Even given the same slim margin as actually happened, the knuckle draggers would be out in force demanding vote after vote until they got the result they wanted. It's a bit like the Scottish independence referendum - the SNP won't be satisfied until they get a yes vote.
It would have worked, we would not have had 2 years of shambolic government. It would then be up to the next government to call another referendum if the previous result had been close. It may well be that neither party would put it in their manifesto. As with capital punishment no party ever offers a referendum.

In a trade pact with the USA and Japan (Who we already trade with via EU membership) who will be the winners? In the case of Japan alone - if we leave the EU, what we currently export - would need to increase by 50% to pacific partners to make up for 10% of the reduction in EU market access (exports only). What do the USA need from us, really? It's all hot air. USA look out for USA, no one else. Thinking we can divert exports all the way to the pacific will put loads of businesses out of business. Trading on your doorstep is logical.

There is growing support for a united Ireland after brexit and the same with Scotland. Rumours going about the SNP have supported the Conservatives in return for a second independence referendum. So, if that did happen - the border issue would be at the Scottish border too.

How many of these multinational companies have subsidiary companies that operate abroad because of cheap operational/labour costs? How many businesses within the EU will sit back stand for the EU punishing the UK even if it means that business within the EU countries would also lose business. I say we pull out altogether and let them sweat- let the businesses within the EU put pressure on those in Brussels and everything will naturally pan out.

The world will not end with us leaving the EU with no deal. I say pull out altogether go to WTO rules and regulations and watch the rest of the EU implode

It will implode and the EU will eventually be finished and the money men and dictators out of a job. I won't lose sleep and neither will a lot of other people

How many of these multinational companies have subsidiary companies that operate abroad because of cheap operational/labour costs? How many businesses within the EU will sit back stand for the EU punishing the UK even if it means that business within the EU countries would also lose business. I say we pull out altogether and let them sweat- let the businesses within the EU put pressure on those in Brussels and everything will naturally pan out.

The world will not end with us leaving the EU with no deal. I say pull out altogether go to WTO rules and regulations and watch the rest of the EU implode

It will implode and the EU will eventually be finished and the money men and dictators out of a job. I won't lose sleep and neither will a lot of other people

:doh::banghead: :laugh:

Your all the same! Can't even be bothered to reply to that drivel mate, your so far off the mark its laughable.

The only country who use WTO terms 100% like your saying is Mautiania (Yeh, never heard of them either). With all due respect, and I'm no expert, but you don't even know how WTO works so how can you say it will be good? :doh: How will the worlds second biggest economic market implode after we leave, can you explain that one??

No the world won't end but things will get a lot worse than they will better.

:doh::banghead: :laugh:

Your all the same! Can't even be bothered to reply to that drivel mate, your so far off the mark its laughable.

The only country who use WTO terms 100% like your saying is Mautiania (Yeh, never heard of them either). With all due respect, and I'm no expert, but you don't even know how WTO works so how can you say it will be good? :doh: How will the worlds second biggest economic market implode after we leave, can you explain that one??

No the world won't end but things will get a lot worse than they will better.

Let's put the silly smileys aside for a moment...it doesn't add no value to your argument and it never will. The EU opened a whole lot of problems and when we voted to part of a marketplace it was for that reason only. It was NOT

for abuse of peoples wages.

for abuse of people's healthcare

for abuse of Business competition

for abuse of democracy

for abuse of People's housing rights

for abuse of people's towns and communities to implode on a grand scale

Let's also note the class war in that people from greater affluent areas wanted to stay in. I think that says it all really.

As in Jimbo's words...Remainers are Arrogant and Conceited

Let's put the silly smileys aside for a moment...it doesn't add no value to your argument and it never will. The EU opened a whole lot of problems and when we voted to part of a marketplace it was for that reason only. It was NOT

for abuse of peoples wages.

for abuse of people's healthcare

for abuse of Business competition

for abuse of democracy

for abuse of People's housing rights

for abuse of people's towns and communities to implode on a grand scale

Let's also note the class war in that people from greater affluent areas wanted to stay in. I think that says it all really.

As in Jimbo's words...Remainers are Arrogant and Conceited

My arguments been consistent the whole way through. My only problem with Brexit is what its doing/will do to our economy. Everything in society is linked to the economy.

How has the EU abused people's wages? Its up to the UK government to set minimum wage rates etc and make sure people are being paid fairly. Nothing to do with the EU. Companies like Dyson move manufacturing to places such as Indonesia because the labours cheap, is their decision and no one forces them. EU or UK doesn't stop them doing this because we can already trade globally.

Your just listing a load of rubbish mate :laugh: You don't even explain anything so how can anyone understand how the EU do any of those things?

And like I said I come across like that to you because your totally ignorant and deluded on the topic. You can't even explain what your saying or reason anything you put. That little list you've made up from thin air is a good example of it.

Archived