onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Meanwhile at a Momentum World Transformed festival Laura Smith,the Labour MP for Crewe and Nantwich,has called for a general strike to help bring down the Conservative government - if there isn't a general election.

You're right Howjy,you really couldn't make it up.

If Labour wins an election now it would be very good for the Tories long term.... who in his right mind would want to take control at this moment in time.... if I was May I would call one ASAP.

Advert

If Labour wins an election now it would be very good for the Tories long term.... who in his right mind would want to take control at this moment in time.... if I was May I would call one ASAP.
The very reason May is safe in that job, nobody else wants it, although they can always blame it on the "Will of the People"

I suspect Labour would just do the usual trick of a party who gains power after many years in opposition and say "none of this is our fault". It's a free hit for your first term.

A decent investment at one time Tony.My dad owned a pottery firm that employed 600 local workers.Good old Mags.
Could I enquire as to the current status of pater's pot bank? Is it still going? 600 employees, many of whom must have been skilled, is quite impressive. Surely, anyone involved with manufacturing would realise the benefits of the EU single market?

Could I enquire as to the current status of pater's pot bank? Is it still going? 600 employees, many of whom must have been skilled, is quite impressive. Surely, anyone involved with manufacturing would realise the benefits of the EU single market?

No more,unfortunately SOTT.After my dad passed the factory ended up like most of the pots.World trade was the order of the day.I had a brilliant stamp album.

No more,unfortunately SOTT.After my dad passed the factory ended up like most of the pots.World trade was the order of the day.I had a brilliant stamp album.

Surprised you didn't take over and run it!! :razz:

Steelite trades with over 140 countries across the world. Did you know that? Or picked to ignore it and think "the EU stops us trading globally" like Farage and Co tell you?

What do the Brexit lot think of what the Government said about immigration the other day?

I've highlighted not long ago nothing had been said regarding immigration - pointing out there had been no indication on the numbers that are being considered post-Brexit.

Interestingly no mention of the numbers of immigration was made and all that was said, in a nut-shell is "We'll treat anyone from anywhere the same as we'd now view Europeans" - So we'll view immigration from the likes of Somalia and the kind the same as we view our most culturally and genetically similar neighbors.

If I was a European of any EU state, I'd be wondering what we did that was so bad for Britain to hate us so much that they would put us on the same terms as some third-world despot country.

I'll reiterate the same point... You've voted for Brexit and given it to a party who promised to cap immigration into the "Ten's of thousands" nearly a decade ago.

The latest net migration statistics show that in the year ending March 2018 how many non-eu people are coming here, it was over twice as many Europeans I think. Net migration was 271,000 in 2018 (dont quote me on that) a number we all probably think is unsustainable, as its basically allowing the population of a city the size of ours into the country every year. We have no space!

Did you vote Brexit on wanting less Europeans here and wanting more Non-Europeans here? Or did you want less of everyone coming here?

The answer is quite simple TVF, the UK should be staying in Europe and forming an alliance with Hungary, Poland and Italy to form a migration policy to stop the Islamization and Africanisation of Europe.

If this Brexit fiasco end up with a Labor government, Corbyn has said "He will transform the country", he will transform it but not in the way the Brexiteers voted for.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45646690

I have much empathy for the immigrants but the solution to the massive movement of people from the Middle East and Africa to the western world is not to ultimately make the endogenous people of Europe and the USA a minority in their own countries, this is utter madness.

A decent investment at one time Tony.My dad owned a pottery firm that employed 600 local workers.Good old Mags.

Unfortunately it was 'good old Mags' that put paid to a good chunk of our manufacturing industry by saying 'leave it to the market' and guess what? Markets don't have a social conscience and the firms went to the wall. Contrast this with the attitude taken by (West) Germany and why do you think they outsell us in export markets now?

It's nothing to do with EU membership, it's having faith in your own country and doing right by your own people. The Tories have never known this and never will as long as they keep peddling ultra-monetarist claptrap.

Surprised you didn't take over and run it!! :razz:

Steelite trades with over 140 countries across the world. Did you know that? Or picked to ignore it and think "the EU stops us trading globally" like Farage and Co tell you?

I know exactly what Steelite do.One of their directors,years ago,was a great friend of my dad.A firm ,along with only a few,who bucked the trend and kept afloat.Outsourcing and restrictions placed on companies destroyed the potteries.I may be wrong but I don’t think you were born,to see the demise.

I know exactly what Steelite do.One of their directors,years ago,was a great friend of my dad.A firm ,along with only a few,who bucked the trend and kept afloat.Outsourcing and restrictions placed on companies destroyed the potteries.I may be wrong but I don’t think you were born,to see the demise.

So when you say we can't trade globally within the EU, yet you acknowledge what Steelite do (a company in our city) don't you see that as a contradiction to your beliefs regarding the EU and trade?

What restrictions were placed on the UK Ceramics industry by the EU? (Genuine question)

Well Jezza says he's ready to govern and his latest motto is "Rebuilding Britain".

The big question is into what,not another Venezuela I hope?

He's a big admirer you know.

I suspect Labour would just do the usual trick of a party who gains power after many years in opposition and say "none of this is our fault". It's a free hit for your first term.

I doubt that... he would have to get a deal or stay in..... whichever he decided to do would cause problems for 50% of the voters.... it's a no win situation.... he either takes the hit for a crap deal or for defying the will of the people... whichever way he suffers.... his party would split after the initial euphoria of gaining power and being saddled with the Euro deal..... his vote would fragment and he would lose control in the house.... I would call a general election before any deal agreement.

Well Jezza says he's ready to govern and his latest motto is "Rebuilding Britain".

The big question is into what,not another Venezuela I hope?

He's a big admirer you know.

He always knows what he's doing..... like standing next to terrorists graves.

His crack team are so decisive... like what to do about another referendum... either EU or Scotland.

So when you say we can't trade globally within the EU, yet you acknowledge what Steelite do (a company in our city) don't you see that as a contradiction to your beliefs regarding the EU and trade?

What restrictions were placed on the UK Ceramics industry by the EU? (Genuine question)

Restrictions probably the wrong description.Lack of help is probably a better one.Allowing cheap crap to flood the market from Asia forced large firms to move abroad to compete.Spode and Wedgwood to mention a couple.Massive job loses in the area.China pottery became too expensive,so tableware took over.Too many companies were producing it,although it was still better quality than from Asia etc.Steelite ,at one time,were selling dinner services for a fiver.Steelite stuck it out and have done very well since.Dear EU,can we please sell our plates to other countries other than in the EU?Yes ok,if you must.Next!!

Archived