onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why does the club keep losing money????

butt lane vale fan

What do you think the issues are that the owner has to address?

Immediately what he needs to be looking at are things he can effect pretty immediately and there’s a pretty Stirling result. Let’s be fair the money from Hugill came too late in the window for us to use so right now the playing staff is out of his hands really until June.

Personally I’d-

look at the shop hours to make sure they reflect a customer base that works after 5pm. Reduce staff during the day and open till 6 weekdays and 10 at games inc ticket office.

Get marketing to build a lead base for next season-1. Offer group taster sessions of the corp and sponsorship options to local businesses so they can come and try the corp box have samples of food, see the game sponsors for that day going onto the pitch, hand out the man of the match and shirt etc at the end of the game and start to build a base of interested potential clients for next season and the end of this season

2. Offer a local companies the opportunity to enter a raffle for £50 per business (minimum 50 businesses) to get sponsorship of the bycars for the rest of this year. Not huge money but again leads for contacting next year and if a small business wins like a barbers or Home business the exposure from the papers would be well worth a few thousand pounds.

Look into options to increase income over the summer months when the football stops, hosting concerts, boxing (white collar etc), wedding fairs, beers festivals, World Cup games on with meals etc

Start a season ticket campaign now for next season based on the target 5000 type initiative where you sign up and give your card details to confirm your ticket and get to recommend friends to the offer. If 3 buy a season ticket you get a £50 ship voucher etc... get fans doing your work for you.

Personally in my opinion currently doing work to toilets, ticket office processes and the like are pointless as they will not bring money into the coffers at this point. Let’s make a bit then spend a bit.

Stay the **** off twitter

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

The tickets and the ticket office is a massive embarrassment, the biggest issue is probably who the actual f ordered all those tickets back in 2015????

The biggest issue is who is going to commit to a season ticket for next season with the early bird offer if they may be playing in the Conference next season.They definitely won't need 7 people in the ticket office then.

Immediately what he needs to be looking at are things he can effect pretty immediately and there’s a pretty Stirling result. Let’s be fair the money from Hugill came too late in the window for us to use so right now the playing staff is out of his hands really until June.

Personally I’d-

look at the shop hours to make sure they reflect a customer base that works after 5pm. Reduce staff during the day and open till 6 weekdays and 10 at games inc ticket office.

Get marketing to build a lead base for next season-1. Offer group taster sessions of the corp and sponsorship options to local businesses so they can come and try the corp box have samples of food, see the game sponsors for that day going onto the pitch, hand out the man of the match and shirt etc at the end of the game and start to build a base of interested potential clients for next season and the end of this season

2. Offer a local companies the opportunity to enter a raffle for £50 per business (minimum 50 businesses) to get sponsorship of the bycars for the rest of this year. Not huge money but again leads for contacting next year and if a small business wins like a barbers or Home business the exposure from the papers would be well worth a few thousand pounds.

Look into options to increase income over the summer months when the football stops, hosting concerts, boxing (white collar etc), wedding fairs, beers festivals, World Cup games on with meals etc

Start a season ticket campaign now for next season based on the target 5000 type initiative where you sign up and give your card details to confirm your ticket and get to recommend friends to the offer. If 3 buy a season ticket you get a £50 ship voucher etc... get fans doing your work for you.

Personally in my opinion currently doing work to toilets, ticket office processes and the like are pointless as they will not bring money into the coffers at this point. Let’s make a bit then spend a bit.

Stay the **** off twitter

Reduce the ridiculous amount of stewards inside the ground.

Reduce the ridiculous amount of stewards inside the ground.

See this is one of things I’m saying is outside the owners control, the risk assessments and council safety certificates set how many stewards are required on each entrance/exit, gate, stairwell etc if you think that the Lorne street stand probably needs more stewards to operate than the whole Accrington ground. These are the type of costs that whether you like the owner or not you can’t ignore and pretend are his fault. Over a season it will add up compared to the smaller clubs.

We need to:

1: have clarity that if a separate company owns the ground it doesn't charge the club

2: have clarity if a separate company owns the catering side doesn't take the proceeds away from the club

3:have clarity that if a separate company owns the leisure /club shop the proceeds go towards the club

4: any monies made go towards the club ,Alnwick,grant,hugill, the £250k paid out by the prospective buyers to see the books.

if the above monies are taken away from the club the budget is greatly reduced meaning more a chance of a loan from the owner needed and so on and probably a reason we cant compete with Accrington.

Improve the marketing and make sure the profits go to the playing budget...

If something doesn't change crowds and morale with only decrease any change has to come from the top..give Neil a budget of £1.5 mill clean slate and let him get on with it if the budget is less work bloody hard to increase to that level,, my guess we are probably at £750k max yes we have a big squad but lots of bits

We need to:

1: have clarity that if a separate company owns the ground it doesn't charge the club

2: have clarity if a separate company owns the catering side doesn't take the proceeds away from the club

3:have clarity that if a separate company owns the leisure /club shop the proceeds go towards the club

4: any monies made go towards the club ,Alnwick,grant,hugill, the £250k paid out by the prospective buyers to see the books.

if the above monies are taken away from the club the budget is greatly reduced meaning more a chance of a loan from the owner needed and so on and probably a reason we cant compete with Accrington.

Improve the marketing and make sure the profits go to the playing budget...

If something doesn't change crowds and morale with only decrease any change has to come from the top..give Neil a budget of £1.5 mill clean slate and let him get on with it if the budget is less work bloody hard to increase to that level,, my guess we are probably at £750k max yes we have a big squad but lots of bits

Try tweeting this to the club owner to see what response you may get.

The biggest issue is who is going to commit to a season ticket for next season with the early bird offer if they may be playing in the Conference next season.They definitely won't need 7 people in the ticket office then.

League 2 football next season Ernie.

Mattholl, just let me share an experience i had with the ticket office 2 seasons ago. I went up to renew my season ticket, buy an away ticket to Bury and book travel with the club to get me to Bury. Filled the form in and presented my debit not credit card for payment. At which point I was told cash only. Now bare in mind this is the 21st century. I asked why , I was told because that is how it is for the 1st transaction and then after direct debit. I got into a bit of a heated debate with the ticket office manager, but they still couldn't give me a rational explanation as to why this was the case when they had a card machine it wasn't broken, but I had to pay by cash. Now of course I could have gone to the bank and drew the money out, but it had now become a matter of principle. I left with nothing and I have not renewed my season ticket since. Why is everything so difficult at PVFC for the customer ?

Now you could call me old fashioned, however I can not say why on here as to why I think that it was cash only because I would be liable. So to this day I have still not renewed my season ticket and I will not whilst a certain person is at the helm, and I only go to the occasional game now. I will finish up sharing this experience by quoting a massive sign we have up in the reception where I work, that reminds every employee why we work there. It says " without our customers we wouldn't be here"

Now tell me it's the fans fault as to why the club is as it is.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Paul.i think you pay cash on the first installment because you cannot cancel cash if you change your mind.A standing order or direct debit can be cancelled at any time.If you change your mind after the first cash payment ,tough,you lose the money.My grandson lost his ST,it took 2 minutes to get a new one.

See this is one of things I’m saying is outside the owners control, the risk assessments and council safety certificates set how many stewards are required on each entrance/exit, gate, stairwell etc if you think that the Lorne street stand probably needs more stewards to operate than the whole Accrington ground. These are the type of costs that whether you like the owner or not you can’t ignore and pretend are his fault. Over a season it will add up compared to the smaller clubs.

A bloke was talking yesterday while queuing up to use the Railway Paddock toilets that he had counted over 20 stewards from the police box down to the toilets,I saw 5 standing in a line blocking the way,thats complete overkill,in that area with a gate shy of 4k,but why bother ? its another situation where Smurthwaite could save money but has he has said on many occasions he is not interested.

A bloke was talking yesterday while queuing up to use the Railway Paddock toilets that he had counted over 20 stewards from the police box down to the toilets,I saw 5 standing in a line blocking the way,thats complete overkill,in that area with a gate shy of 4k,but why bother ? its another situation where Smurthwaite could save money but has he has said on many occasions he is not interested.

If he’s not interested about losing money we’re doomed.

As I’ve said there will be a reason for it, no business is going to intentionally lose money due to over staffing. It’s very likely we can decrease the police bill by having more stewards in that area of possible trouble. Let’s not pretend the issues with Sheff Utd and Bolton didn’t happen, we had to be reassessed by the police and council safety teams after that, it’s likely their recommendation

Archived