onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why does the club keep losing money????

butt lane vale fan

It’s very simple for me - it’s far too easy to not attend games these days. The whole experience is not enjoyable for so many reasons.

It’s very clear the club has no intentions of listening to complaints or addressing concerns. The situation will only get worse until there are drastic changes in leadership, competence and attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advert

In debt,in administration.You choose.

My choice

A club that is run professionally

A marketing department that 'Markets and promotes the club.(Makes money for the club)

A ticket office that is more helpful and answers the phone.Its a ticket office not a hairdressers. (Makes more money for the club)

Someone in charge of ordering food order enough food so as NOT to run out before half time.(Makes more money for the club)

A club that listens to ideas from fans.Not ignores the ideas, fobs them off.(makes more money for the club)

A club that when on the verge of the playoffs uses that position to attract better players to the squad and not off load players.(We have gone from league 1 play off position to just above league 2 relegation zone in 12 months)((keeps fans hopes up,keeps them coming to watch games, makes more money for the club))

A club that gets the fans feeling positive and eager to get to games.Not feel like its a chore and its a duty to go.(makes more money for the club)

A chairman/owner that does not believe in fairy tales.(Bruno fiasco)

My choice

A club that is run professionally

A marketing department that 'Markets and promotes the club.(Makes money for the club)

A ticket office that is more helpful and answers the phone.Its a ticket office not a hairdressers. (Makes more money for the club)

Someone in charge of ordering food order enough food so as NOT to run out before half time.(Makes more money for the club)

A club that listens to ideas from fans.Not ignores the ideas, fobs them off.(makes more money for the club)

A club that when on the verge of the playoffs uses that position to attract better players to the squad and not off load players.(We have gone from league 1 play off position to just above league 2 relegation zone in 12 months)((keeps fans hopes up,keeps them coming to watch games, makes more money for the club))

A club that gets the fans feeling positive and eager to get to games.Not feel like its a chore and its a duty to go.(makes more money for the club)

A chairman/owner that does not believe in fairy tales.(Bruno fiasco)

No problem with that response Melv but not the choice offered.

No problem with that response Melv but not the choice offered.

Improve on these and the choice of debt or administration will be out of the window.Its not rocket science.To not act, to not improve there is a fair chance of the club going down to a lower level.That could be fatal for the club.

All this is 'partly' where the club is going wrong.All relatively basic and simple to implement.But are NOT done.Why are they not sorted? All these and many more WOULD make the club more money.Which in turn would get in better players to improve the squad.Non of these are new they have all been mentioned many times by many people.But nothing is done to improve on them and the Status Quo (not the band) remains.

So why is nothing done? (incompetence,ignorance,arrogance.Lack of understanding, cheap skating,unprofessionalism?)

Melv,how many players went without wages when we were in Admin?You are not giving an appropriate answer.

Show me where you asked about how many players went without wages?Dont change part way through.

You asked debt or administration. I don't want either.I put down reasons to stop that debt or administration option.All of what I put are linked.

Anyway why is there NO IMPROVEMENT in the marketing, promoting department, catering or the ticket office.All of which has been mentioned many times but still nothing has improved i.e. make more money for the club?

Melv,you are the one changing tack.I gave you an example what was happening during admin.You said we made money during admin and can’t now.Which would you prefer?Simple question.It ain’t rocket science and not Brexit.

I would prefer for the club TO MAKE MONEY.I don't want debt or administration.Ive not changed tack Ive shown reasons where the club has failed and continues to fail.

So where did you ask me about players playing without wage's?

As for changing tack.Whats Brexit got to do with it?

PS The title of the tread is 'Why does the club keep losing money'Ive give my reasons.

You would think Garlick being at clubs like Rochdale and Macclesfield would have an idea how to run a club on a low budget.Unfortunately the lunatics are running the asylum and nothing seems to change.Why do we need an army of stewards every home game.Genuine complaints about poor marketing and the poor commercial side are not tackled either because he hasn't the balls to challenge it or Smurf is happy for it to carry on to give him more excuses to add to his loans.

Simply fans don’t pay to come if we are in league 1, 2 or the national league. It’s always the clubs fault and everyone thinks we should give away tickets and charge £15 entry. The issue is even if we were in league 1 with £15 entry the gate would be 5500 most weeks. On top of that fans think we should spend millions on players and have two fantastic players in every position.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Mattholl, just let me share an experience i had with the ticket office 2 seasons ago. I went up to renew my season ticket, buy an away ticket to Bury and book travel with the club to get me to Bury. Filled the form in and presented my debit not credit card for payment. At which point I was told cash only. Now bare in mind this is the 21st century. I asked why , I was told because that is how it is for the 1st transaction and then after direct debit. I got into a bit of a heated debate with the ticket office manager, but they still couldn't give me a rational explanation as to why this was the case when they had a card machine it wasn't broken, but I had to pay by cash. Now of course I could have gone to the bank and drew the money out, but it had now become a matter of principle. I left with nothing and I have not renewed my season ticket since. Why is everything so difficult at PVFC for the customer ?

Now you could call me old fashioned, however I can not say why on here as to why I think that it was cash only because I would be liable. So to this day I have still not renewed my season ticket and I will not whilst a certain person is at the helm, and I only go to the occasional game now. I will finish up sharing this experience by quoting a massive sign we have up in the reception where I work, that reminds every employee why we work there. It says " without our customers we wouldn't be here"

Now tell me it's the fans fault as to why the club is as it is.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

One of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on this board. Wow.

Before Norman came in, the administrators were running the club at a profit. How can they do it after a few weeks and Norman can't in 4 years and having wasted £4m+ that he wants back.

We are going absolutely nowhere apart from down with Norman at the helm. The man hasn't got a clue and is too arrogant to see this.

So you want to run the club profitably with skeleton staffing and cutting costs to make ends meet, and yet on another post moan that we aren’t competing with premier league clubs to sign players. Either or? How do you think the administrators did it. We didn’t suddenly have 10000 through he gate or have revamped marketing to that extent over a couple of weeks. If it’s costing more to run the club it’s because wages and staffing are higher. If we cut both of those, you would moan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So you want to run the club profitably with skeleton staffing and cutting costs to make ends meet, and yet on another post moan that we aren’t competing with premier league clubs to sign players. Either or? How do you think the administrators did it. We didn’t suddenly have 10000 through he gate or have revamped marketing to that extent over a couple of weeks. If it’s costing more to run the club it’s because wages and staffing are higher. If we cut both of those, you would moan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Andy,you are wasting your time.

For those who don’t understand,with the exception of liquidation,Admin is the worst thing that can happen to a company.

I would prefer for the club TO MAKE MONEY.I don't want debt or administration.Ive not changed tack Ive shown reasons where the club has failed and continues to fail.

So where did you ask me about players playing without wage's?

As for changing tack.Whats Brexit got to do with it?

PS The title of the tread is 'Why does the club keep losing money'Ive give my reasons.

Brexit has nothing to do with it nor has rocket science,but your response reminds me of a politician.

Archived