onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale net multi-million windfall as former striker moves on

News Feed

Port Vale have received a substantial windfall after West Ham United agreed to sign Preston striker Jordan Hugill for a “club record” fee on transfer deadline day. The transfer fee is expected to be around £9m netting Vale close to £2m in sell-on fees. Hugill was signed from non-league football by the Valiants and after […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

The big question for me is how Norman should spend this windfall. Perhaps we should give him some serious suggestions which don't include the option of trousering the proceeds. The three obvious starters for me are new players, a new pitch (£500 grand doesn't look too much to spend to improve our bog of a pitch) and some improvements to the stadium. But top priority is two or three better players in the summer.

Our most successful years as a football club have been on that so called bog of a pitch that people keep harping on about.The 1954 team did pretty well on it the rudge generation did alright on it what they had in common was they had players who could pass a ball to each other and had the heart to want to win for pvfc.Over the years we have had players who could not pass water never mind play football do not keep blaming the pitch its what is on it that makes a team.What i want now is some leadership from the man at the top in which direction we are going if he cannot or will not take the next step then he should go and hooefully let someone in who is willing to try to take us forward.

Finishing the Lorne Street and converting into safe standing would be an innovation and save the club money at the same time

There needs to be modernization of the Paddock concourse

At league Two level, and with assistance from Rudgie, £400,000 should be enough to improve the backbone of the squad and build around that.

Finishing the Lorne Street and converting into safe standing would be an innovation and save the club money at the same time

There needs to be modernization of the Paddock concourse

At league Two level, and with assistance from Rudgie, £400,000 should be enough to improve the backbone of the squad and build around that.

This is all about opinions of course, but finish the Lorne Street stand or spend an extra 250 grand on wages in the summer attracting top players?

No brainer

Don't envisage a safe standing area right by the away end .

I believe we have Micky Adams to thank for the sell on clause?

Yes we do. And he also gave us a pretty clear account of how it came about. To quote Micky:

I was happy enough to leave Norman to deal with it, until I received a call from Peter Risdale who I knew well from my days at Leeds United...Peter picked up the phone to moan to me about Norman. He said the deal was off unless someone else dealt with it, so I had to step in and negotiate a sale that looked to be heading for the rocks. A deal, incidentally, that might still benefit Vale if Jordan goes on to bigger and better things.

Speaks for itself doesn't it? Well done Micky.

Archived